“Would fly 17 hours to stay here again”

Delaire Graff Estate - Lodges and Spa
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have stayed at some of the best hotels around the world in the past 15 years. Delaire Graff Estate by far provided us with the most incredible experience. The lodges are large enough to live in with breathtaking views of the vineyards from the comfort of your king sized bed, private plunge pool or chaise lounge on the terrace.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DosDragones

Reviewed 29 May 2014

On our way back to Cape Town International we stopped at Delaire Graff Estate,
A) to see the TRETCHIKOFF that they had recently bought,
B) to do a wine tasting.
Driving up to Delaire, the view is mind boggling and exquisite, the statues that greet you upon arrival, take your breath away. The hotel is just beautiful and the views too hard to put into words. The wine tasting was affordable, professional and very organised. Within less than one week of being home I had my wine, olive oil, organic honey, Delaire dark chocolate all delivered to my door. It was a treat of note.
Next year we will treat ourselves to lunch there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Delaire Graff for my birthday. The hotel in my mind is one of the best in South Africa. The suites are well appointed with fantastic views and have every conceivable comfort and amenity.

We dined in their Indochine Restaurant which I have to say was OK. We have dinned in many of the top rated restaurants in South Africa and we both felt that some of the dishes were just lacking in coherence and that some of the flavours didn’t complement each other. However there were some stand out dishes so I am hesitent to say we didn’t enjoy it because we did.

The management and staff are very friendly and are always available. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. Every element is of the highest quality and there is plenty of choice. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2Travelmore75
Reviewed 28 April 2014

... This is simply the best hotel I've had ever been.
The rooms with their private pool, the bathroom, the staff, I mean everything was perfect. The SPA was nice too but the steam bath was WAY TOO HOT (my husband love it thought).

If I have to say something, is about the restaurants. Luckily, we are use to high quality restaurants and the ones at Graff are on scale of ten a 7. This compare to the 6 stars hotel...
But the food and wine where fine.

I still highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CAR412014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I had the most wonderful experience at delaire graff. My fiancé proposed to me there on the 27th feb 2014. A private, intimate and most romantic setting. I cannot thank all the staff enough for there help and assistance in making it one of the most memorable experiences. He proposed out on the terrace in a little enclosed alcove surrounded by breathtaking view, candles, orchids and champagne. We had the most delicious meal in the restaurant that evening and It cannot be faulted. A massive thank you to all the staff there and I look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My family and I spent a night in the Delaire villa earlier in the month. It was without a doubt the highlight of our holiday. We were warmly greeted by courteous and knowledgeable staff whom new us by name and hosted us throughout the stay. The property is exceptional not only in service but also in beauty. I am certain the rooms and restaurant have the best views in the area and Indochine remains my favourite restaurant in the Cape. As we were travelling with an elderly traveller the team went out of their way to accommodate her and ensure that she was always spoilt. It is obvious that no expense is spared on the luxurious facilities and amenities whilst simultaneously always ensuring the small touches and attention to details is of the highest quality!

We also really enjoyed the various activities they offered especially the mountain biking around the vineyards and the incredible spa treatments.

Thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: Owners Villa is incredible!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Delaire Graff was the final stop of a wonderful vacation to South Africa and we're so glad we stayed there. When we arrived we were initially worried about how busy the hotel was compared to the other places that we stayed, which typically had a handful of couples in residence. Whilst there are only a dozen or so suites the two world class restaurants, plus the wine estate, meant that there were lots of visitors. However once we were shown to our suite those fears disappeared. The suites are set slightly away from the main building each with accomodation comprising of a spacious living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, walk in wardrobe and a private veranda and plunge pool with a fabulous view across the wineland valleys and mountains. They offered complete privacy yet we could be back in the main buildings in only a minute or so's walk. We dined in both restaurants and they certainly lived up to their reputation. The hotel's spa facilities were also excellent and the hotel pool was the largest of all the pools in the hotels that we visited. There were various walking routes around the property which meant we could explore the estate and eventually found ourselves at the top of the estate looking back down and across the stunning valley. The staff made us feel very welcome and were especially helpful on check out day, offering us a day room so that we could make the most of our stay there. We will definitely be returning on our next visit to SA!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stellenbosch
Asara Wine Estate & Hotel
Akademie Street Boutique Hotel and Guest House
Clouds Wine & Guest Estate
Clouds Wine & Guest Estate
#2 of 56 in Stellenbosch

Been to Delaire Graff Estate - Lodges and Spa? Share your experiences!