“Over the top property with very nice restaurant”
Review of Indochine

Indochine
Ranked #17 of 255 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine at Indochine is an evocative, fine dining food theatre, where delicate flavours come alive and each dish is synonymous with vitality, wellness and healthy living. Discover Asian tapas turned into an art form, or experience a tea ceremony, find signature dishes like pork belly and duck - everything is served to create an all-sensory dining experience. Enjoy every moment of exquisitely balanced Asian-influenced flavours in an intimate setting. Inside, a vibrant blue and copper colour palette creates a calming backdrop. Dine under the stunning Swallows in Flight art installation, sculpted by Lionel Smit and Andre Stead, where over 1300 swallows become part of the incredible views that stretch across to Table Mountain.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Over the top property with very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice dinner by the fire in this lovely winery. The staff could not have been nice and the food very good. The restaurant is just part of this experience. The have thought of everything here!

Visited June 2014

NE US
“A great lunch with Asian flavors and nice views”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a great and memorable lunch here. The manager and my wife talked about wine throughout the meal. They gave you some little snacks that were delicious. We shared the vietnamese duck appetizer which was delicious. I enjoyed my beef randang in a rich sauce. My wife loved her lamb rogan josh. A great meal, great view, but expect to pay.

Visited May 2014
Central America
“I really wanted to love this place...”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I went to Indochine with high expectations. Unfortunately, my expectations did not come true. I felt the restaurant was overpriced and the food average asian food. I have had much better food at a much more reasonable price. To be fair, it is a beautiful restaurant and the service is excellent. However, the food is just ok. We had the tasting and I would not go back to this restaurant. Perhaps the other restaurant at Delaire Graff is better than Indochine.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank aff2010
Hamburg, Germany
“Wonderful Asian food”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had lunch at Indochine while staying in the winelands. This was really really good - probably some of the best Asian food I had. Staff was very friendly and took the time to answer all our questions and recommend correspoding wine to our choices. I was very sad that I couldn't try the desserts but the starters and main course was so good and a lot so that we couldn't eat more. The food was really innovative and with very fresh ingredients. Additionally, the weather was lovely and the view was great. I would love to come back.

• Visited March 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food, but very overpriced”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had lunch at Indochine. The meal was excellently prepared and quite delicious, but i felt that i was being pushed to purchase the most expensive of everything on the menu. The waiter was just punting things based on price. I just found it off-putting.

Visited April 2014