“Never Disappoints”

Ranked #15 of 266 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$13 - US$36
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the charming town of Stellenbosch, this Hussar Grill opened its doors in . The front entrance boasts a beautiful facade complete with brass lettering and leaded windows, leading onto the traditional-style grill room. The restaurant also offers sheltered table s outdoors on the piazza for al fresco dining in the warmer weather.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Went for dinner on Friday evening and must just say I have never been disappointed. Not only is the food very good, the service and customer care are excellent. Had the sirloin on the bone and can highly recommend it. Always a pleasure to have dinner there.

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your awesome review and recommendation. Hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I can't help myself, I am in Stellenbosch regularly and this is one of my two favourite restaurants in the really lovely town. The ambiance would suit a business meeting or just with a few (or a few more!) friends. It features inside and outside dining and provides a blanket to keep warm if you choose to sit outside in the cooler months. Great, well priced wine list - however they do NOT charge corkage, so if you want to savour that loverly bottle of fine wine you found on your trip through the many local vineyards and cellers, they are happy to open it for you!.

The special was a blue cheese and red wine reduction Sirloin that was just superb and cooked exactly as I requested. The rest of the food that arrived at our table was equally perfect and we had a lovely evening.

Recommended and I will certainly be back next time I am in town!

Hi there,

Thank you for rating and reviewing our restaurant. We hope you'll be back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The meat quality is quite exceptional,the veg is pretty good as well.The fact that they offer BYO,no charge,is fantastic,but not necessary with the wine list available.Well worth the visit.

HussarGrill, Digital CRM at The Hussar Grill Stellenbosch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Hi Nick F,

Thanks for rating Hussar Grill Stellenbosch. There's no denying that a good steak should always be enjoyed with good wine, whether it's one off our winelist or one of your own. We do hope you'll visit our grillhouse again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I visited this restaurant twice in 3 days during a business trip. We were welcomed with a courtesy cherry and both times a extremely friendly staff.
Food is great, I tried the chicken with chocolate chili sauce that was nice and interesting, second time the game of the day that was also great.
The ambiance is also great and inviting. It was definitely worth the second visit and many more if I am in town again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Arrived for dinner and were greeted by a divine bowl of Veg Crisps....when finished, asked for another and were more than obliged to give us another! Ordered our Steaks and these were the best Steaks in Stellenbosch. Probably not the best setting, but food made up for it. Will definitely be back!!