“A wonderfull experience”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A wonderfull experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have never been so impressed about a place as I was for this place. The owner is amazing! from the moment you walk in to the time you walk out you are amazed at all the love you feel in this place. I never thought that one Giraffe could steal my heart as quick as Gerry did. it is a small scale place but has so much personal interaction with the animals. The children did not want to go home!!! keep up the good work and we will be back really soon!!!!

Visited July 2014

Strand, South Africa
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A Whoah snake experience!!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I enjoyed the outing along with my grandson and he was so excited to see all the animals. You can take lovely of all the animals too. Was still stands out in my mind was the show about the snakes......to me a bit scary because I don not like snakes. The gentlemen in charged of the snakes was very kind and professional in presenting the show.
There was a little kiosk where you can buy some snacks. It is a safe place to take children to enjoy animal life.

Visited August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Misleading name”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son's favourite animal is the giraffe so we thought we would visit while in Cape Town on our holiday. It really is misleading to call it the Giraffe House. There was only one giraffe, although I believe another will be introduced soon. Also, the enclosure for the giraffe really does not look suitable for her. Very little vegetation there. No guide to talk to us about Gerry, but there was a poster with some details. We enjoyed seeing the other animals and my son participated in the snake / reptile encounter. Perhaps they would be better keeping to the small animals and not have a giraffe or eland in small (for them) enclosures. Gerry's head got stuck in the fencing and my son got quite distressed. It took over a minute for the giraffe to maneouvre her head out. Also agree that there is very little shade for summer time. Would have given a higher review without the giraffe. She seemed very lonely and just paced back and forwards along the fence.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Sandy1038
Bellville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome party venue !”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter was invited to one of her friends b-day party held at Giraffe House.
She had the time of her life - seeing all animals.
The best was the live animal show.
We will defnitively go back in summer time !

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rod_MelBellville
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great park, cheap and nice staff!!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Small park but a good size for a quick trip when you are in the area and want a break from wine tasting. The staff are knowledgeable, nice and seem genuinely interested in caring for the animals.Try to go in winter, cloudy days, etc as it is a large open park that could be rather hot during peak summer months. Gerry the giraffe is AWESOME and very friendly. It's also a great value for the money!

Light snacks are available and there are a few wineries down the road if you want to stop after.

Visited May 2014