The visit to Spier was a disaster.
Not only is the overall service VERY slow but the whole process is completely disrupted and non-functional.
Three tippings on the ice that made us run away from this place:
- rooms that do not allow to darken, so morning light and noise make you wake up way too early
- chefs who drop a poached egg to the floor and then put it back in the boiling water just to be put on the next customers plate
- Dinnner at Moyo, which was the prime reason for us to visit this place, was deep below average on a number of scales including quality of food and the non-matching reality of what they call a tree house
Recommendation for folks who want to earn value for money: stay away from Spier
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spier, in the heart the famous Cape Winelands, is more than a hotel. It is a destination in itself. One of the first hotels in South Africa to be Fair Trade in Tourism certified, Spier offers visitors a variety of authentic experiences - from food and wine to outdoor activities - in beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Spier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.