The rooms or rather suites are really spacious and inviting . The layout of the hotel is such that it affords privacy and space to all visitors . The rooms had a mini fridge , a micro and a small kitchenette which was well stocked with crockery and cutlery .
We requested for a vineyard facing room and were not disappointed . The view was awesome . We had traveled with our 4 year old and a sofa cum bed was laid out for her in the outer room .
The breakfast spread was quite good and there was a spread for the kids too.
The pool was adequate. Yes , did not see any towels around . Overall , I did not see much staff around . We ordered room service once and we met a lady at the restaurant who took our order and she was the same one who delivered it to our room . It seems that the hotel is working on minimal staff
The other complaint I have was that we were not allowed to charge anything to the room unless we gave a credit card guarantee. Either we pay for the service upfront or provide a credit card guarantee at the time of check in . I found that a bit unfriendly .
However , we used the hotel only to relax during the evenings and sleep so did not use many of their services . We drove to stellenbosch as did most people so never needed to ask them for taxis or anything .We asked them for directions to Polkadraai farm and the hotel willingly helped us with GPS coordinates . All in all , a lovely place to stay when visiting Stellenbosch .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Winelands, in one of the most beautiful and heritage conscious towns, Stellenbosch is the second-oldest town in South Africa and affectionately referred to as the "Eikestad." Nestled between two international golf courses, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch offers all guests the best of the Winelands. Accommodation is available in Executive, Deluxe and Standard Twin rooms, where Deluxe and Standard rooms configure to a two-bedroom apartment ideal for families and groups. Executive rooms have the best view in the house and are designed with the executive traveller in mind. Whether it’s the magnificent backdrop of mountain ranges you seek, perhaps just a scenic drive or wine tasting at the many surrounding wine farms, you will never run out of things to see and do. The hotel boasts two restaurants, two swimming pools, braai facilities, wireless internet access and the largest conference venue in Stellenbosch. If that’s not enough, why not gaze at the 270° view of the Helderberg mountain range, Blaauwklippen vineyards and the De Zalze Golf Estate. Whether it’s a family holiday or a team building activity you are looking for, Protea Hotel Stellenbosch is just the venue for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Stellenbosch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Stellenbosch
- Stellenbosch Protea Hotel