Having booked two nights in beautiful Stellenbosch at this hotel, our family of three were looking forward to celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. Parked as guided in 'guest parking' some way from the hotel entrance and carried luggage without assistance to check in. Met three people during this process, two behind the counter and one who brought us our drinks. First room dirty bathroom, very very sparse bedroom, two single beds. Next room, again sparsely furnished, and very dirty bathroom (pubic hair everywhere, unflushed toilet). Called reception, same two ladies, and asked to speak to a manager. No manager, apparently they only work until lunchtime on Saturdays and we would have to wait until Monday before we could speak with one (5 star service right there, right?). Ended up calling hotels.com for assistance. Got upgraded to junior suite. Tired room with some weird skews. We got a small platter of dried fruit and a bottle of champs along with it. In the bathroom, now clean, we found three small bottles each containing soap, shampoo and conditioner, o and some tissues.
In all this time we had seen only the three people we initially met, none with any authority to act and none with any imputous to act. We ended up leaving the very next morning, so we cannot comment on their breakfast.
Is this 5 star service? Absolutely not. I'm not a demanding customer and am actually quite reasonable, but this hotel offered us the worst experience we have ever had and cost us $375 per night! Thankfully hotels.com was an excellent help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch