We planned a wine weekend and needed overnight accommodation in the wine lands somewhere. We were apprehensive of staying at Lanzerac, as we have stayed there before and had an absolutely horrendous experience. The new reviews on Tripadvisor weren’t all good either. But in the end, price won. The price we paid for the accommodation including breakfast & dinner was very cheap for a 5 star hotel. And we couldn’t get the same standard of accommodation for the same price anywhere else in the wine lands. As we were apprehensive of what might go wrong, we expected nothing from the hotel. We conditioned our minds to actually expect the worst. How wrong we were.
Upon arrival at Lanzerac, the porter collected all our bags and we were shown to reception to check in. We were offered our welcoming drink – anything from port, juice, wine etc – and checked in. Service was impeccable. Our porter showed us to our room, which was located around one of the swimming pools in the estate. Our room was massive with a massive bathroom, and as the whole estate has been through an interior revamp since our last stay, it was nice to see that furnishings were a bit more modern. Everything was catered for in the rooms. Wonderful Mohini soaps, gels etc in the bathroom which boasted a big shower, bath, double vanity and this all for a classical room. We went to the terrace for a bottle of bubbly, and were given snacks as wellm, while sitting and looking at the wonderful manor house. Lanzerac Estate truly is one of the most beautiful wine estates in the whole of the Cape Peninsula. Our waiter replenished all snacks while sitting. Service again impeccable and with a smile. We spent the rest of the day relaxing on the estate.
We booked for the first sitting of dinner. Dinner itself exceeded our expectations. Sitting in the gorgeous Governor’s Hall while a musician with a harp provides the background music. The service was excellent and the food was also very good. Every time you would stand up or move around, the napkins were folded up and placed neatly again. Small things like this that made the evening very special. A turn-down was done in the room while having dinner, as expected. Breakfast the following morning was up to standard with the 5 star rated hotel.
Lanzerac surprised us this time, as there was nothing that we could fault. Everything was as expected of a 5 star hotel. And because it is such a beautiful estate and perfect location, I think we’ll return again and again. And hopefully all of them will be like this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch