We stayed for 2 nights at Lanzerac. On arrival we were welcomed with a glass of wine while checking in. It all occurred nice and quickly without any problems. We were escorted to our room, which was hidden at the back, providing a nice peaceful location. The room was perfect and spacious with a magnificent bathroom and a great view from the french-doors of the mountains and some of the vineyards.
We explored the grounds and were amazed how wonderful the scenery was. The hotel was preparing for a wedding and it was clear why the couple had chosen it as a venue. With the blue sky, green grass, white buildings and lovely gardens it was ideal.
Meal wise we were not disappointed. We only enjoyed one night's dinner in the restaurant, my fiance enjoying a nice steak and I the wildebeast. The food was delicious, the service was quick, although the dinning room was a bit hot. Breakfast the two days were great, with a good cold selection from the buffet and some nice hot options from the menu.
A cellar tour and wine tasting was included with the stay, however we had to pay to use the spa facilities. The only part of the stay that I can really criticise, is the farm's wine. It was above average for South African wine, with the red better than the white.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of a 155ha working wine estate, on the outskirts of picturesque Stellenbosch, the historic 300-year-old Lanzerac Hotel & Spa is the perfect base from which to explore SA’s most famous winelands. With just 48 luxurious bedrooms, this 180-year-old Manor House exudes an air of intimacy and provides the ultimate in personalized service.The hotel’s fine-dining restaurant with several different dining areas offers guests a wide choice of culinary styles. Guests end their evenings over coffees, liqueurs, cognacs and cigars enjoyed either in the trendy Esquire Whiskey & Cigar Bar or in the elegant Craven Lounge with its genuine antiques and authentic Cape Dutch architecture. Whilst the historic Manor House provides an ideal venue for private in-or-outdoor conferences and functions, the picturesque setting of the Manor Lawns offers the perfect opportunity for exclusive outdoor events and lavish weddings. Leisure activities include swimming in one of the hotel’s 3 outdoor pools, golfing, hiking and mountain biking, wine tasting and cellar tours. Treatments at the world-class Lanzerac Spa & Wellness Center take place against a stunning backdrop of mountains and vineyards, ensuring you leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. The spa has recently added the revolutionary “Dr.Fish” Therapy to its repertoire, where tiny fish are utilized to exfoliate the skin and give it a micro-massage. Come and experience true South African heritage, first-class service and luxury, superior pampering and wellness! We’ve been preparing for your arrival for over 300 years! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelbag, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lanzerac Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Hotel Stellenbosch
- Lanzerac Manor And Winery Stellenbosch