“The Triple Effect”

Ranked #52 of 264 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our relaxed, family-friendly tasting room has been recently transformed and extended into an outdoor space, with wooden decking lined with comfy cushioned seating, beanbags for the lawn, and landscaped areas where you can relax and eat while taking advantage of the views of the vineyards and rolling hills. We offer comprehensive tastings through the full range of Mulderbosch wines, as well as the exclusive opportunity to taste Terroir's Fable Mountain Vineyards and Yardstick Wines. There's comfortable seating on chairs and couches, and a big fireplace with roaring fires in winter. To compliment our wines, we serve a selection of thin-based wood-fired pizzas, with a variety of delicious fresh toppings, from our outdoor pizza oven (available from 12h00 to 16h00). We also offer charcuterie and cheese boards with fresh bread and Mulderbosch olive oil.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Mulderbosch is a great place to go for wine, pizza and just hanging out. They have a number of interesting pizza's and allow you to combine two pizzas half and half. Their wine is nice and they also have locally brewed beer on the menu. I would suggest making a booking before hand as they fill up pretty quickly. They have indoor seating (with a fire place for those could days) as well as outdoor seating if the weather is nice. The staff are very friendly, but be prepared to wait a while on busy days. I recommend you purchase a bottle of wine while you wait as the pizza is worth it!

2  Thank Dewald R

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

So this is my 3rd visit to mulderbosch. After thinking I had the best pizza ever I decided to take some friends and hear what they think. So we got informed they have 2 new pizzas Oxtail on pizza and anchovie and pepperoni. So none of us realy likes anchovies. . Oxtail was the choice. Mouthwatering oxtail on a pizza it was. Well done Mulderbosch.... it was and stil is the talking point of every conversation I have. It was a nice winters day and the place was almost full. But nothing changed the pizzas still got to us in 20 min. The new marvelous blue wine is fantastic with the oxtail pizza.

3  Thank 556PizzaMan
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had a booking at Mulderbosch on Saturday and when i came there the place fully book and there was a misunderstanding with my booking but with the help of the two friendly girls Louise and Muriel they sorted it out quickly. I got EXCELLENT service from Louise after all that and i will definitely come back to taste the oxtail pizza because i missed out on that because its was sold out
Very nice place to visit keep up the good work see you next time.

1  Thank Roland120
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Mulderbosch is absolutely fantastic. Cobus is such a fantastic host, with such interesting stories to tell. Really a must go to!!

2  Thank Riana77523
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For a new taste in pizza try the oxtail or biltong pizza.... yum yum... I had to go back for seconds on Sunday... Knowing Cobus Germishuys from a business aspect to meeting with him in his working environment made me feel comfortable with an added bonus of good food and wine... I truly recommend Mulderbosch to anyone!

1  Thank Nadinevr2014