“Wow.”

Mont Marie Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 262 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the lap of casual luxury, Mont Marie offers a unique food, wine and family experience in a spectacular country setting in the heart of the Blaauwklippen Valley. Using only the freshest ingredients, Chef Pieter Vlok adds authentic flavours to a variety of mouth-watering dishes, full of South African personality.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We celebrated our anniversary here on Saturday night. What a find! We were given a free glass of bubbly because they heard we were celebrating. Also a sample of the leek and onion soup which was delicious. We ordered the pork belly which was superb. Sadly we had no space for pudding. The service was excellent and the atmosphere warm and friendly. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food. I highly recommend this place.

3  Thank civharas
There are newer reviews for Mont Marie Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My vist visit to this beautifully situated modern restaurant was outside and we admired the pretty pond and magnificent mountains. I was diappointed with the duck which was unexciting and dry. However, today on our visit we saw the autumn colours on the farm and we were welcomed in the restaurant by a crackling fire. I was in a larger group this time and we enjoyed various items on the menu including a delicious pot belly pork and the best marrow bone steak sauce my friend has ever eaten.
I also enjoyed the art works on display and the clean moddern atmosphere of the restaurant.
My only criticism is that the waiter served and charged for bottled water without asking us if we would like bottled and not tap water.

1  Thank cellist2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked a table for 6 people on Mothers Day so of course the restaurant was very busy. The weather was crisp and sunny and at first we were given a table outside on the beautiful verandah with the lovely view. But two of our guests were feeling the chill from the wind so we asked to be moved inside if possible. A table was found for us and we moved inside and then somehow felt rather forgotten. Perhaps moving tables caused the confusion. We had wave our hands and try and get attention and had to remind the staff about our wine order. The white wine arrived but the red wine for one of our guests was forgotten so instead of raising a toast, we had to sit for a while waiting for the red wine to be delivered and that rather spoiled the moment. The waiter seemed unsure when we ordered food from the menu - I suspect he was new or just brought in for the busy day! We ordered soup to start (some of us had the biltong soup and others had the potato and leek soup). We agreed the soup was delicious but portions were too small - just about 3 spoons! Thank goodness for the yummy bread board. Service was slow after that and having arrived at 1.15 pm our main courses arrived at about 2.45 by which time we were v. hungry indeed! However, I can say that the main courses were excellent. My son declared the steak with Bearnaise sauce truly delicious and worth the wait and I enjoyed the tender duck breast. 3 of us had dessert and I had coffee but once again it did involved much waving and signalling and we had to keep asking for what we needed. Perhaps we were in the naughty corner!? with a tip our bill was approx R1750 so allow R300 per head and more if you are all wine lovers! The venue has a light airy feel with modern decor and if the weather allows you to sit on the verandah then you can certainly enjoy the wonderful view. I think perhaps we chose the wrong day for a first visit so I would probably give it another try on a less busy day.

1  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We went to Mont Marie for a weekend breakfast. The choice of breakfast dishes was fair but nothing too special (breakfast is probably not what wine estates specialize in anyway). We did enjoy our eggs benedict with parma ham.

However, what this place is a gem for is relaxing. Their patio is really well set out with both dining and relaxing areas. the views from there are really lovely and the restaurant staff is friendly. This is a perfect spot to perhaps take a magazine (or just stare at the view), sit on the couches and have tea, followed by some wine, perhaps more wine, then a snack, some coffee, more wine,....you get the picture!

3  Thank Slav103
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had a delightful evening at Mont Marie; splendid setting with amazing views, pleasant and well-trained staff, and finally delicious cuisine. I would highly recommend the duck breast, absolutely phenomenal! Truly enjoyed the evening!

2  Thank Jaun V