“Absolute favourite restaurant”

Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Breakfast that satisfy your hunger with excellent prices and good quality. Lunch refreshing and light with our well knows classic cuisine with a twist. Dishes are proudly South African. Love to cater to every need
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We have been to Inniebosch plenty of times, and make a point of trying something new each time. We have honestly never been disappointed-with the service, knowledge, obviously food and wine list. Being in the industry ourselves, honesty in food is an absolute must. The attention to detail on each plate is beautiful-this is where garnish is actually meant to be eaten!

We had the 'Taste of Inniebosch' as a starter which filled us to the point of absolute satisfaction. Always being too full after starters and mains with our previous visits-we skipped mains and moved onto desserts...'the best part of the meal' as correctly stated on their menu :)

We had the brand new 'Poached pear & honeycomb cream'- pears beautifully wine-infused, honeycomb cream is unlike anything I've ever tasted - mind blowing!! The home-made 'Pecan nut brittle, honey & choc chip ice-cream' has beautiful texture, and is made by well trained hands-you have to try it to experience that sense of amazement...3 huge ice-cream balls with home-made choc sauce!!! Hhhhmmmm!

Fantastic evening with fantastic ambiance. Every time.

2  Thank Melanie L

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Being big fans of Oppie Dorp, their sister restaurant, we were looking forward to our first visit to Inniebosch.
The staff were very welcoming and the service was very good.
It's a shame I can't say the same for the food.

The menu really caught my eye and there were several main courses that really appealed to me.
We decided to share the "taste of Inniebosch " which was a small plater for two, made up of several main dishes.
We delayed our choice of mains until after we had finished the starter and I am glad we did.
3 of the mains that appealed to me were very disappointing, one of the steak dishes was in edible.
The best thing on the plate was the salad!
We really did not fancy ordering a main after this, so we decided to order 2 dishes from the starters.
I decided on the Mussel pot, again what a disappointment, I have never seen such small mussels.
Over 50% of them were so small you had to scrape them off the shell.

I did point out the issues to the staff who were very apologetic and offered to take them off the bill or to change it for something else.
I am sorry to say that we don't plan to return anytime soon, we will stick to Oppie Dorp.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Beautiful meal. We shared the starter 'A Taste of Innebosch' which was excellent ! It's a selection from the dishes on the menu. Yellow tail was our mains and the sauce was superb. The service was very good and they were trying very hard to please which they did !!!
Great food and not overpriced, we would definitely go back.

1  Thank lucyluDerbyshire
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This is a fairly new restaurant in Stellenbosch situated in the Black Horse Centre in the historical lower Dorp Street.

I didn't know about this restaurant but was referred to it by Oppiedorp (their sister restaurant) when I couldn't secure a booking there. I knew the spot, which had many restaurants before. This one, however, seems to work.

According to the American waiter, Jacob, this restaurant has the best steaks in town. I told him what my thought were but gave him the benefit of the doubt. After all, I'm a sucker for good food and wine and therefore, my wife and I opted for the fillet steak with a cherry sauce (see photo).

The service was excellent and Jacob gets five stars for his knowledge of the food and wine. He recommended a specific white wine when we arrived on a hot summer afternoon. I insisted on Neil Ellis Groenekloof Sauvignon Blanc, an excellent wine but rarely found on restaurant menus. The wine was, as always, divine.

Just before the steaks arrived, I gave in to the persistence of our waiter, and ordered another one of his recommendations, an expensive bottle of Spier red wine (we only saw it later on the bill as R195, so be warn!).

The table was set and then the food arrived just before we finished our white wine... Good golly Ms Molly! The steak (ordered medium rare) looked mouthwatering until I had my first bite. It was overcooked! Instinctively I called our waiter and this is where the distinction between good and bad is drawn. I told him I felt terrible (and can't remember when was the last time I returned food to the kitchen) but cannot pay a first class price for something that's not what I've ordered.

In no time he (and the manager) offered to replace the steak. My wife's steak was a bit better but also on the dry side. They insisted to put their money where their mouths were and that hers also be replaced. We then decided to go with the flow as this was an opportunity to enjoy our good red wine.

Second time around, the steaks were exactly what it purported to be. Succulent, juicy and perfectly cooked.

At the end we had a very pleasant experience and, as Forrest Gump said, "It happens!"

If you have a good salesman as a waiter, as we did, expect a stiff bill at this restaurant. But the combination of good food and wine always makes it worthwhile.

Our bill was R350 a head (mains only) including the wine.

In a very short period of time this restaurant climbed the ladder to be in the top ten restaurants in Stellenbosch, and I can definitely see why.

Tip: Parking is a problem at the Black Horse Centre but if you're early, there is a small parking lot, accessing from the side street at the back of the restaurant.

1  Thank theronsadvisor
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were just stopping in Stellenbosch for one night and it happened to be Valentine's day, we were booked in here for a meal by our hotel as they were anxious about whether or not we would find somewhere to eat at such a busy time. We did have a bit of difficulty finding the place and it was so hot even though we were effectively sitting outside. We were given a complementary glass of sparkling wine and an amuse bouche. There was a set menu on offer with quite a good choice. The food was nicely cooked and well presented. Service was good too, it was just the overwhelming heat that slightly distracted from the experience, we were sitting near to the counter and were offered a move which with hindsight we should have taken advantage of.