“Great night out!”

The Thirsty Scarecrow
Ranked #2 of 6 Nightlife in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: The Thirsty Scarecrow offers a wide range of local South African craft beer on tap. Come enjoy a beer tasting, cocktail or a glass of wine. Experience great pizza and tapas with the best view in the heart of the Winelands. Open 7 days a week, 11am -late.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Read some of the other good reviews and visited with the whole family last week. It really was fantastic and we were not left disappointed. Great tapas menus and I think the best pizza I have ever had. I also really liked the play area for the kids where they could play on their own while my husband and I enjoyed our meal. Great live music too. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

This is the hottest new place in Stellenbosch. Great location, live music and great play area for the kids. Food was great. I would recommend the beef short ribs and the pizza's. Beer selection was out of this world. Highly recommend to all.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great spot, with great view! Tapas is excellent and really recommendable. - try the jalapeno poppers, bitterballen and baked camembert - which is a meal on its own. Me and my sister in law renamed it to the "Scary Thirstcrow" after a bottle of wine and the rest is history.....

Reviewed 10 January 2014

What a find. My wife went for a wee, desparate after two hours in the car, and by that time was hooked on how beautiful and buzzy the bar was. We took some drinks, biltong, snacks and watched the sunset. We had to get back to Cape Town otherwise we would have drunk too much and stayed in a shed.

Next time we are in the Cape we are on our way back. Brilliant.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stumbled across this by accident on our road trip and couldn't believe our luck as it truly was perfect for sundowners. We had already eaten but the food looked amazing too. All the staff were so friendly and for us it was such a wonderful place to round of an already perfect day. I recommend sitting at the long wooden bar overlooking the strawberry fields, mountains and vineyards.