“Best meal”

Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Today we visited Kleine Zalze winery by chance. The wine tasting experience was very good, lovely wines. We bought three cases; Chenin Blanc, Chardonay and a Cabernet Sauvignon. People very polite and friendly, they even found a cup of coffee for me! We then had lunch in the Terroir Restaurant. after being given bread with caramalised butter and tapannade, we had an amuse-bouche of salmon mouse with orange syrup. For starters my husband had smoked breseola beautifully presented as was my salmon. I then hand slow braised lamb which was delicious, husband had fillet steak in a cep sauce ... outstanding. This was the best meal we have had in South Africa, we have been here for five months and eaten out at all the 'Highly recommended gourmet eateries' Terroir is certainly the best so far. We shall certainly return. The staff are efficient polite and friendly, an all round great experience. twitter @ Ms.B.Itch

Visited February 2014

Norddeutschland
467 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 603 helpful votes
“Nice sitting outside come late”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We came in at 4:30 pm that had the advantage that there was only one group left so my +1 and me had a lot of places outsided to choose from and we had a very peacful winetasting. I actually liked the way they pour the wines, with the explanation given and then you are left to taste it at your own pace.

We even did buy one very nice tasting Sauvignon Blanc and all in all had a nice time, but nothing too special.

Visited January 2014
Henlow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great wine, beautiful estate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was one of the first wineries I was ever taken to and I have gone back with my girlfriend, my family, visiting friends and even just by myself to pick up some of their awesome wines. I highly recommend a stop by and the restaurant is one of the best I've ever been to.

Visited August 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Entertaining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We visited three wineries in Stellenbosch and this was the best one. The wine tasting and the explanations in between have been informative and entertaining at the same time. Our host was extremely professional and charming.

Visited November 2013
Gordons Bay, South Africa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Bad wine tasting experience and wine not good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

As you approach the place it has a nice feel and great views, but that's where it ends. The wine tasting experience are done by stressed out people, trying to help everyone due to the way they structure their wine tasting service. The problem is that they pour each tasting on your list individually, run up your table, quickly inform you what it is and leave, then you wait another (20 minutes at least) for the next selection and it continues like that till your done, in the mean time poor person must serve the other people in the same regard.
You can not compare the different wines with each other and get confused which wine you are actually tasting by not seeing them placed in front of you and ticked off from the list. It is also rushed - by that I mean the dumping of your glass on the table and leaving, then you wait for the next serving. I do not think it is the fault of the people serving the wine, but the way management decided to present the wine tasting to their clients. It might also be a case that management are aware the wine s awful and once comparing, it will taste even worse.
The wine tasting costs R25 per person, more expensive than other places with much better wine. The wine tasting room is squashed in next to the restaurant, almost like an afterthought, not utilizing the great views. Then to top it, the wine taste like box wine, higher priced than in the retail shop, definitely not worth the taste or the price. We did buy a bottle or two, just to cover the cost of the wine tasting, not ending up losing R75 (3 people) as it is standard with any wine tasting that the cost of a wine tasting is waved when purchasing some wine. Rather drive past it, not worth the stop and taking up to much time due to the way the wine tasting is conducted.

Visited October 2013