We arrived a little later than expected after a late flight, Lisa had waited behind for us without any contact from us (as we were mid air at the time so couldn't let her know).
She was very friendly and informative even after the inconvenience caused.
The room was fairly small but it was very sweet, we are a young(ish) couple in our mid twenties and we have been travelling around, we wanted something friendly and safe but with a bit more character than a soulless hotel.
We were using the guesthouse as a base rather than a holiday destination, I think this worked in our favor very well. Although there is a pool it is a in a walled garden and may have the tenancy to feel a little bit claustrophobic for the whole day sunbathing.
Stellenbosch town center is good 10 - 15 minute walk away but its a nice walk and feels very safe.
I would recommend this guest house and we would probably stay here ourselves again next time we are in the area, I would however avoid it as a weeks holiday 'by the pool' type holiday personally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our house is a thatched jewel, centrally located but quiet, right in the heart of the university area. Surrounded by old trees and flowers, you find it with a dreamy garden and a big pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Beautiful South Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Beautiful South Hotel Stellenbosch
- Beautiful South Stellenbosch
- Beautiful South Hotel Stellenbosch