“Alluvia special staff, service and view.”

Alluvia Wine Estate
Ranked #101 of 112 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Windhoek, Namibia
“Alluvia special staff, service and view.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have to thank all the staff for my surprise weekend. I can say a big thank you to Jeanine and housekeeping and Sinade. Sinade have checked us in. We had the opportunity to stay the weekend the manageress were working. She was such a delight. Jeanine had so much stories to tell she was always available when needed. She and my husband were scheming behind my back. But it was all worthwile. Jeanine and the housekeeping with my hubby have decorated the room, put in my favourite chocolates and of course most stunning roses. I would recommend this to beautiful estate to anyone.
The service is the best service I have experience in all the establishments I have visited.
The hand written note to congratulate me on my birthday was very nice and made me feel at home.
Thanks Jeanine, sinade and all the housekeeping.
I felt like I felt when I was on honeymoon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kent, England
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed for the first 2 nights of our 2014 holiday at Alluvia. We were really looking forward to staying in the "luxury" honeymoon suite in the "most photographed vineyard in Africa". Unfortunately, there is a total lack of personal service and the breakfast is very poor quality in this "hands off operation".
Let's start with the positives: very nice sized room, great location near to Stellenbosch, good sized shower room. Negatives: Stains on duvet and felt unclean, uncomfortable foam pillows, no water glasses or plates/cutlery should you want a snack, unhelpful management, awful breakfast, fishing dam weeded up, golf green unusable.
Quote: "We have personally tailored our accomodation to ensure an ideal location for golf lovers by constructing our own PGA golf green...", in the guest handbook I noted that no spikes were allowed on the green, I don't think they need to worry about that, there won't be any PGA golfers on this green (see picture).
Breakfast was delivered to the terrace in a hamper (nice touch), but the contents were really poor quality. Poor bread, margarine, own label type jam, grated cheese and sweetened yoghurt.
Overall, Alluvia could be very good but it totally lacks the owners personal attention, for example, on arrival we were tired after our previous night's flight and so telephoned reception to ask if any snacks were available, we were politely told no so I asked if the restaurant next door was formal or informal as we planned a light supper, and didn't want a fully blown gourmet deal. The response was "No idea!"...thanks!
Alluvia needs to be loved by a caring owner. There are no restaurants recommended in the guest handbook which would be a real disadvantage if you did not know the area.
Sorry, but we can't recommend Alluvia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doubletriggerracing
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have bought a romantic getaway for me and my wife on city slicker.

I have arrived with very high expectations.
What a romantic week away it was!!!

I would defnitley recommend this to everyone, The staff made the stay extra special. I have told them I want to keep everything a suprise. They hid the picnic basket and my wife was so suprised she started to cry.

This defnitley had past my expectations.
I am used to high 5 star hotels.
I have made another reservation already. They are so popular to find place is very difficult and I can understand why.

This is my new home away from home.

Room Tip: Dont hesitate to book you will be suprised.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Town
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had a lovely picnic here. The service was very good. The views are very nice. The food was good too. They have a nice dam with a big tree where you can go sit and have a picnic. It was nice a quiet there too, except for the occasional road noise from the Helshoogte road.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Alluvia Guest House is situated in one of the most amazing area, the property is old but very beautiful. We were welcomed by the manager of the guest house (cant remember her name). The reception area was poorly maintained. we were lucky to have the two bedroom house to ourselves. The rooms are very spacious with enough cupboard space, The mini bar fridge was half stock. both televisions (bedroom and dinning room) Remote were half functional, we had to get up most of the time to change channel, Old televisions. Half of the light in the house were not working. Hand basins and toilets were badly stained. First night, and we were unable to fall asleep as the alarm went off the entire night and no one could do anything about it, apart from the alarm, we had to endure the sound of Rats running inside the roof. The manager was highlighted on the few of the problem and nothing was done about. When asking her for direction to the different wine estate and restaurant, she could not even provide us with the map (Since it was our first time in the area), she did everything by hand gesture and we eventually decide to go along with what ever Google will give us. For a manager her attitude and passion to make our stay memorable was shocking! I would not recommended this estate to anyone, it a pity because it is a beautiful estate. How ever I would Recommend TOKARA wine estate, the have the most helpful and friendly staff you could ask for. The Owner of Alluvia is involve at all, otherwise things would have been different and better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank grady28

Travellers are raving about these Stellenbosch hotels

Durban
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed for only one night (unfortunately) and were blown away by the beauty of the setting as well as the friendliness of the staff. Room was extremely well appointed with a very comfortable bed and a spotless bathroom. Breakfast was good and enjoyed on the verandah with a most magnificent view of the mountain and vineyards. Only drawback was that they did not have stock of their Straw wine !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I don't know where to begin.

I have stayed many places before.
But this special winery have take my breath away.
We checked in the Saturday night late.
The room was so beautiful thanks to Jenine and Bridget.
They really made extra effort.
They have put in flowers and chocolates. We did not even ask them to do anything for us.
The next morning when we woke up, a LOVELY picnic basket was delivered with a hand written note to congratulate us on our marriage!
They really do care about their guests.
The picnic basket breakfast with the most stunning view was priceless.
They made bookings for us at nice wineries in Stellenbosch.

We are definite going back for our anniversary.
I cant simply wait!!

Thanks Jenine and Bridgett and all the staff.

Room Tip: Please book before the time. I cant think why they wouldn't be full.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple