“First visit ...will not be last!”
Review of Espana Restaurant

Espana Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 263 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent service from beginning to end. Loved the decor! Seafood paella was excellent with plenty of seafood and the risotto rice was great. Both the pizzas we had were lovely.....very tasty. Prices are very good also. If you like sangria ask your waiter and they will make some for you. Will certainly go back again. Keep it going!

2  Thank somersetwest

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went for a staff lunch and previously for a dinner and on both occasions the meals were really great. The paella's are my favorite and there's an option for meat or seafood. The steaks are also excellent and perfect. I suggest ordering their mix veg along with it, as it just adds more especially for a man.
We also ordered desserts and I had the creme brulee - it was good but the topping done a bit too thick. The chocolate fondant is amazing though!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Went straight after work on a cold winter's evening. We were the only table in the restaurant until about 7pm but the place is so cosy, we didn't notice. They put a warm gas heater nearby to keep us warm. The service was great, very attentive and funny waiter but not overbearing at all. Food came out in good time and I have to say they were the best ribs I've ever had - tender and that sweet sticky sauce....I have no words! 3 out of 5 of us had the ribs, one had the Paella Olivia and another steak - both said they were really good.
All in all a lovely spot, warm, cosy atmosphere. Looking forward to see what it will be like in summer too but any time of year I reckon is a good time for Espana. Taking my book(wine) club girls there next for sure!!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We once again visited this restaurant, this time for a Saturday lunch. My partner who is a non pork eater decided to also try their Bavarian porkbelly ribs. It comes with a sweetish, sticky sauce as well as a choice of chips, wedges or vegetables. She actually finished hers due to the sauce complementing the pork. The atmosphere is good, they have new craft beers on the wine list and the managers are very helpfull as well as interested in your dining experience. Our waiter could be improved on though.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff in a buzzing restaurant. Make sure u book or turn up early to get a table. Otherwise it is worth the wait