“Classy restaurant near Stellenbosch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terroir

Terroir
Ranked #10 of 244 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“Classy restaurant near Stellenbosch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Food and service were excellent. The winery is also worth a visit, and the nearby Kleine Zalze Lodge is a very pleasant place to stay

Visited April 2014

“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to Terrior a few times and it never disappoints! Food is amazing and service is good. Wine is Fab! Always top of my list if I want to do some fine dinning!

Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
“It's all in the attitude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We've dined here many times over the years and Terroir has been a "top of list" choice for us and a regular recommendation. Not any more. We have decided to simply ignore the establishment entirely.

We gave Terroir three strikes before deciding on the total boycott. A poorly cooked meal was one, and then staff and managers attitude numbers 2 and 3, with an added dose of fraud sealing strike number 3.

My parents, who live outside of South Africa left us with a Terroir Gift Voucher for my coming birthday. My mother, who bought said voucher on site, made a specific point as to whether any unused balance could be carried over to a fresh voucher should we not use the entire amount. She was told "yes". She even explained that she wished to do R1,500 and would be happy with two R750 vouchers if it would not be possible to carry over a balance. Again, she was reassured. On the night we attempted to use the voucher we required a small amount to be carried over and this was refused. I explained the situation to the manager who was entirely uninterested and clearly not really listening. I went so far as to call my mother in the UK from the restaurant and she also spoke to the manager who simply continued to refuse to carry over the balance.

So Terroir is a venue that happily mis-sells to OAP's, and does not have the grace to accept their own mistake.

Our boycott has not been difficult to stick with. This area is rammed with excellent restaurants with better food, better prices and staff and managers who still appreciate that without customers "the end is nigh".

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, South Africa
“The absolute best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I liked everything! The food was the BEST I have had in many many years! It was great every bit of it! I will go back jut for this! Highly recommended! Treat yourself!

Visited August 2014
“One of the finest dining experiences! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Terroir exceeded out expectations. The food was of the highest quality and the service and atmosphere could not have been better. A highly recommendable and truly great place to eat