“Great stay”

Roosenwijn Guest House
Ranked #9 of 115 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Perfect location, luxury rooms, great breakfast, friendly people.
Stellenbosch is a very nice city with many shops and restaurants.
Wine tasting & Golf opportunities.
Had a wonderfull stay.
Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The stay at Roosenwijn Guest House was outstanding. Great people, great service, great breakfast, great location! If you want an experience with convenience to Stellenbosch University, this is it!! Cost of the stay was extremely reasonable--value for the cost was off the chart!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We didn´t find the shower adequate to our needs. We think necessary to have a close space for the water not to split outside the tube. We also think the shower handle should have to be placed in a bar or something similar.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay here. The staff are really awesome and they take such good care of their guests.
I was welcomed there on a very cold evening in the reception with a lovely fireplace. My room had underfloor heating, which was a treat, but it can get too hot after a while. I unplugged it after I was snugly settled in bed. The staff had it back on every evening, which made my room nice and toasty by the time I returned.
My schedule demanded I leave each morning before 8AM, but the breakfast team was ready to fix me a hearty meal anything from 7:15. They sure know how to spoil their guests! The delicious breakfasts were truly a highlight!
I loved that the guesthouse offered safe parking. The pool would probably be heavenly during the summer months, but I appreciated the extra effort to make my stay during the winter as luxurious and comfortable as possible.
The entire guesthouse is lovely and epitomises the gorgeous Western Cape Dutch style, complete with vines growing in the courtyard. The room was stylishly decorated, with an African flair. The room had a stocked snack bar/mini bar, but I didn't get the chance to nibble away. It is a nice touch though!
The only negative thing was that I discoved on my second last night, that one of my windows' blinds enabled people to see through from the outside! Haha, so I got dressed in full view of anyone who cared to look during most of my stay. I sincerely hope nobody saw me!
Regardless, I had a wonderful stay and would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely Guest House!! Friendly, warm welcome!! Manager Vicki served us a delicious breakfast.!! Excellent service, beautiful big room and warm comfortable bed!!! Walking distance to all amenities. Will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I fell in love with roosenwijn right from the start.
We received a warm welcome when we arrived, every morning for breakfast and when we checked out.
Service is given with a smile.
Roosenwijn is very clean, serves delicious breakfast, quite, safe and have big rooms.
I couldnt have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Quite a lovely place with small garden, terrace, pool, fabulous service, excellent breakfast, and wonderful location right near downtown but in a quite neighborhood. Also beautiful view of mountains out the windows.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends