Majeka House
Eendracht Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Oude Werf Hotel(Stellenbosch)
View Hotel
All reviewsmakaron restaurantindoor poolpremier roomsemi private poolmacaroonsgreat spaspa treatmentssteam roomattention to detailboutique hotelinterior designmountain viewcape towna real treatwine countrytop classsouth africa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2013

An impulsive Saturday decision after a tennis match turned into a wonderful stay at Majeka House. We were warmly welcomed and showed different options of rooms. Every single room is amazing and the attention to detail delightful. It was the perfect choice for relaxation and rest. The pools were very refreshing and the jacuzzi relaxing for sore muscles. The staff was always eager to help in any way possible. In retrospect I regret going out for dinner as the highlight of the stay must be the delicious breakfast (especially for a foodie like me!). You could pick and choose to your heart's content. Although we had to check out after breakfast, they were more than happy to allow us to stay for another hour or two to swim, tan and enjoy cocktails. This was definitely one of the better 5* experiences we have had. Leaving Majeka House I felt like I had a week-long holiday, even though being only one night. I will definitely recommend this to all of my family living in Europe as well as my friends in South Africa. We can only thank the staff for a wonderful experience and we hope to return very soon!

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with any of them!
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Our first visit but not the last!

A last minute change in plans had us deciding on where to stay up in the Winelands outside of Cape Town and through a friend of a friend, Majeka house was recommended, at first as a place to have a celebration dinner. When going on the website to reserve a table, I decided to just take the chance and book the hotel as well based on the reviews I had read. Best move I could have made!

From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel welcome by the entire staff and even the other guests. Everyone just smiles and is happy in this little oasis of fantasticness, close to but not in the center of, all that is Stellenbosch. The Majeka House team took care of everything start to finish for us, Tuk-Tuk wine tours, spa, lunches, dinners, shopping, transfers - and did it all with a smile on their face. You see that the people who work there are truly proud of their workplace and what they do for guests everyday.

The rooms are great and comfortable with great little design ascetics that add great character to each room. The public areas are always open, warm airy feeling.

Not to be missed for any visitor (to Stellenbosch in general) is Marakon Restaurant. We were celebrating a friends birthday and her comment posted on FB was "I think this is the best meal I have ever had" which is a TALL order for us since we are dedicated global nomads and travelers. I have to say, I would put it right up there with the other world class restaurants I have been to globally. The overall experience was just unreal, from small surprises during the dinner, like an extra course slipped in based on a treasure hunt map where you had to follow the instructions to create the extra course on your table, to the amazing paring that were provided based not only on your meal , but on your own personal preferences.

I can not recommend a stay here enough!

Thank you to the entire staff for a very very memorable stay

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We went for a spa treatment on Sunday at Majeka House. The staff were very friendly, from reception to the waiter. Our ladies at the spa were awesome and the treatment was top class!! Enjoyed tapas and drinks after our treatment in beautiful garden. Will definitely return!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petra D
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our first visit but we will return. Attention to detail was faultless and the attentive staff made it a pleasure to stay here. It's everything a small hotel should be. Fabulous breakfast. Makaron is a world class restaurant and the tasting menu has to be experienced.

1  Thank LondonWoody
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Really nice hotel with a wonderfully large room with a plunge pool. Wonderful attention to detail and the food was delightful. However the only minor point was that they are a little far out from the centre of Stellenbosch so difficult to get there of an evening for dinner, drinks, etc. Taxis not cheap either - £12.00 for a one way trip back to the hotel. Went on a vineyard tour organised by the hotel with a guy called CJ using a tuk-tuk and that was absolutely fantastic and couldn't recommend it enough. Great wines and a good laugh. It also meant you could really taste the wine and not worry about driving.

1  Thank CaptainsWife1