My work's travel agents booked me into this hotel, and it was only then that I saw many reviews mentioning the high traffic noise levels. They weren't exaggerating! The room that I was given was so noisy that I couldn't keep the windows open but had to keep the aircon on all of the time to compensate. Traffic is busy until at least 10:30 p.m. and gets going again by at least 05:30 a.m. The quality of the room was adequate without being special.
If I have to look for a positive element about my stay it would have to be the friendliness of the front desk staff. They are the reason that my overall rating has moved up to Average from Poor.
If you are wanting a good night's sleep then this is not the hotel to be at. I have recommended that my work's travel agents no longer make use of it, and I will personally be sure never to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Tyger Valley is now a full service 3 star Cape Town hotel overlooking scenic views of Table Mountain and offers unrivalled convenience and value for money. As a budget hotel in Cape Town the Protea Hotel Tyger Valley is strategically located near the airport and CBD and is tailor-made for the executive traveller. All rooms have individually controlled air-conditioning, tea/coffee making facilities, 32" flat screen TVs with DVD players in all rooms and en-suite bathrooms. The hotel's new a la carte restaurant, Point of View, caters for breakfast and dinner, whilst the exclusive residents' bar and lounge is ideal for informal meetings or sundowners. Secure, individual parking bays are strategically located outside each room. Off the restaurant, situated in the park-like surrounds, is the hotel's swimming pool and sundeck. Various other sporting activities are available nearby, including golf only a few minutes away. A cozy lounge facility off the reception area offers comfortable seating and a fireplace. For the Corporate traveller, the 3 star hotel in Cape Town offers a small business centre with internet and word processing facilities. Tyger Valley Shopping Centre and Willowbridge Mall is only 5 km away from the Protea Hotel Tygervalley. Within a 5 km radius, there are more than 30 restaurants to choose from. There is a Virgin Active Gym 5 km away. Shuttle services can be arranged to all destinations at a cost to the guest. For the adventure seeker, the hotel is only 8 km from Ratanga Junction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Tyger Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tyger Valley Hotel
- Protea Hotel Tyger Valley
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Tyger Valley Welgemoed, South Africa