See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed over for the night on business. Overall it was a good experience.

All except for the deathtrap of a shower (bathtub fitted out with a shower head).

Almost broke my neck.

Make sure your room has a proper shower.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2017

A nice old style hotel in a country town. Very relaxed, secure parking and good service. meals were also very good. A great place to stay if travelling and looking at the sights outside of the busy wine regions. Definitely worth the effort to travel a little further to see more of the country side.

Room Tip: All rooms are older style but comfortable. Everywhere is quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I stayed in Worcester as part of a cycling tour from PE to Cape Town. The Hotel and all staff were very accommodating and helpful. The rooms were nice, and my bike even got to stay in a conference room over night. Despite the somewhat sketchy area the hotel was in I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

After my last unsatisfactory visit to Worcester in December, I wasn't looking forward to this trip. I'm happy to say that I did get a good nights sleep at the Protea Cumberland. The room was quiet, it had an air conditioner, the mattress was adequate, and the room clean. There seemed to be more facilities such as a pool and bar area, but I never got to use them. The staff were lovely.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
EGICAR, Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

Good Afternoon Candace M

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs. As a valued customer, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Worcester.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind Regards
Egidio Cardoso
Managing Director/Owner

Reviewed 18 December 2016

My wife and I have just spent our third stay at the Protea Hotel Cumberland.

We have been impressed with the ongoing improvements to the building and the facilities. The dining room area, in particular, is noticeably brighter and more welcoming.

During our two day stay, we had all our meals at the Hotel. The breakfasts, especially, were a perfect start to the day.

We requested and were given "our" room (No 121) with a refrigerator for the cherries that we intended picking at Klondyke's Cherry Farm!

And here I must commend the staff who were, without exception, professional in their duties and always friendly and willing to accommodate us in every way possible.

Having stayed in hotels overseas, I must say that the staff in the Protea Hotels, generally, are equal to the best in the world.

I would like to single out Laetitia, Vanessa and Avril at the Front Desk and Wilmari in the dining room. Without a doubt, they do the Hotel proud.

In short, my wife and I had a great stay at the Protea Hotel Cumberland and we look forward to a return trip!

Room Tip: Request Room No 121. It has a Jacuzzi and French doors that lead onto a lounge area.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
EGICAR, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Worcester Cumberland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear Vickyed888,

GUESTS' perceptions of the service they receive whilst staying with Protea Hotels is the only true yardstick we have for measuring whether or not we have met their expectations. I should, therefore, like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to receive your commendations about the improvements of our facilities and the impressive service offered. Please be assured that I will congratulate our TEAM for doing a great job!

Louwrens Vrey