“Very good bistro”
Review of Bergsig Bistro

Bergsig Bistro
Ranked #11 of 34 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, England
“Very good bistro”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were driving past and decided to stop off here for lunch. We were very pleased that we did. The room is very nice and the food was delicious. We both had the venison pie which was served with a beautifully presented salad. My husband then had the Malva pudding and they kindly gave us a portion which was large enough for me to share. We were also given a glass of port on the house which was a very nice gesture. I was impressed by the quality of the food and the service and would definitely go back if we were passing again.

Visited December 2013

UK
“Simple food, beautiful setting”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

One of the few places open on the Breedeskloof wine trail the day we visited. A lovely setting, although unfortunately right on the main road. It was hot so we sat outside on the verandah and enjoyed a salad lunch, light and tasty with a glass of the estate wine, very refreshing. Well worth a stop if you are touring in this area.

• Visited January 2014
Brackenfell
“Lunch at Bergsig Bistro”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We visited Bergsig Bistro on a lovely autumn day. After wine tasting, we went to the Bistro where we were the only guests. The setting is lovely (apart from the busy road just in front of the bistro) and the tables were beautifully set up and decorated. The service was also excellent. Unfortunately the food was very disappointing as it was put in the microwave before serving it. You can just imagine what this did to the crust of my quiche. My husband's bobotie was also somewhat tasteless. The salad was wonderful and the wine excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Johannesburg
“Very good bistro in the Breede River winelands”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is a very good unpretentious bistro situated on a wine estate halfway between Worcester and Ceres.

My spouse and I had salad and seafood soup as starters and we both had the venison pie as mains. The service was very friendly but a bit on the slow side. The Bergsig wines are very good. The complimentary port was a nice touch and I have to say excellent.

The food is very good and reasonably priced.

Will visit again when next in the vicinity.

• Visited January 2013