“Business Breakfast” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Business Breakfast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have passed this Lodge/Hotel many times as I drive from Paarl to Worcester, and as I was early for my appointment, I stopped for coffee & breakfast. It was one of the coldest days this years - snow on the mountains, and fabulous surrounding scenery.
I am amazed that Du Toits Kloof Lodge is still in business - the restaurant is far from cozy - no fire, no heating and windows open so a -5degree chill was blowing in. Coffee was great when it came, but I ordered hot milk, and got cold. Unperturbed, I ordered breakfast.
My advice - keep on driving as Worcester is just another few minutes drive, the food, warmth and surrounding are better, nicer, and warmer. This has to be one of the worst places I have eaten in a long time, and IMO survives only because the scenery is spectacular.
I noticed they were lighting a fire as I left - shame, as that would have created a warm cosy corner to have coffee and eat in.
Du Toits Kloof Lodge is in serious need of a make over to create cosy snugs with log fires in winter. They have missed a fantastic opportunity to make the most of their surroundings, given that winter last for 2-3 months in this country. If they spent a little, they could really turn this place around as a business destination for the traveller. Instead, they will continue to get worse that awful reviews.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Julian H

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Beautiful scenery, terrible food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

A drunk person was vomiting in the restaurant and ignored by the staff - will never stop there again.

• Visited April 2014