“Great Mexican food and BYOB”
Review of poco loco - CLOSED

poco loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very good nachos and burritos. We went there on Sunday night and really enjoyed
the evening. Also, since we were drinking our own brand of whisky, they did
allow us to get our own bottle with a corkage of Rs 300.

Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for poco loco

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I've been using this restaurant on Baga River road for years. Its main appeal to me is the live jazz and I've had some truly memorable nights here as some times the place just rocks. Good mix of food of food, its known for its Mexican food but they do a mix of various cuisines. My rating of four stars is for the jazz nights!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

poco loco provides a nice ambience , very pleasant lighting. and on the days they play jazz , the place jus roars and people enjoy their food dancing , laughing and having the best tym in goa.. love the paper lamps specially :)

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Nicely positioned on the Arpora road along the lazy Baga river which joins the sea ahead, Poco Loco is a merry mix of many cuisines, like most other places in Goa. But this Mexican hotchpotch has managed to select the nicest dishes of each country and ends up offering "Mexitalianindichingoamericano"! and bravo to that.
 Choose, from, for example, Pollo en salsa verdo, Sizzling Fajitas, Chilli Con Carne,Pork Vindaloo, Manchurian chicken, Texas style  Pork Chops with Mexican rice, lasagnas and Risottos, and Butter chicken, and on and on. It took me a good fifteen minutes to read through the menu and another fifteen to choose from such a creative offering. My sizzling Fajitas with strips of steak beef fillet on a bed of sautéed onions, peppers and veggies, accompanied by sour cream and salsa were a visual delight, the steak was tender and done just right. Sohan our waiter was so cheerful and ran up and down the stairs to the hotel kitchen bringing trays of goodies for the hungry guests, some of whom were staying in the Royal Goan Resort, and others like us who walked in, trying to escape the hot Goa summer, the hottest to date. I will keep going back, there is so much more to try, the Chimichangas, home made tortilla chips with guacamole , the Pomfret Recheido...
The prices were a wee bit higher than maybe Brittos, but the portions were large and good for sharing . I would recommend dinner if you are there now as the temperatures are hitting 35 centigrade but soon the rains should be here and lunch would be great too. The bar belts out music not too loud so you can chat and hear yourself eating.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

it serves mexican food near a beach club.the service is fine,or i shall say normal,not too bad or not too good and the food serving is really big!i ordered a beef steak which cost around 400rs and they gave me three big pieces of beef steak!i couldnt finish it.its an average restaurant with a very reasonable price.