All reviews beautiful boutique hotel indian breakfast goa luxury privacy
Reviewed 13 March 2015

We had an incredible stay at the Nilaya. Staff was kind and helpful. We enjoyed the pool and our room. Food was really good. We had massage every day and it was really great. The hotel is situated in some hill in the middle of the vegetation so really quiet and beautiful. We loved our stay after a 2 weeks trip in Rajasthan.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stephane f
Boutiqueresort, General Manager at Nilaya Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Hello Stephane

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you here soon,
Warm Regards

Reviewed 10 March 2015 via mobile

Was here for a wedding, stayed for about a week.

The hotel is definitely not to my personal liking, just because I don't like resorts and being this close to nature!

So personal preferences aside, this a really beautiful luxury resort. I believe one of the top in Goa. The resort is pretty much surrounded by jungle. Different bungalows (or small houses) scattered throughout the area, it has a large swimming pool with a waterfall, a restaurant, spa, gym etc...

What amazed me was the design and architecture and the amount of work put into designing the different structures. Make sure to ask about its history and how it was built - I won't spoil it for you here.

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels throughout my life, but definitely at this resort I had the most comfortable bed ever! I am not exaggerating.

The hotel staff is fantastic, most of the guys have been working there for 15-20 years. Very friendly and will do anything you ask for.

The hotel has a restaurant with a nice menu, the food is not bad. It's missing, in my opinion, some local specialties (only 2 local dishes), but that you can enjoy at any of the nearby restaurants.

Breakfast is pretty much limited to an omelet, cereal, juice... There is no breakfast buffet, so you just order your breakfast at your own convenience (European or Indian).

Wifi network is free and available throughout the resort. Although some areas, and some rooms don't get any signal, I think this is something that must be corrected.

One thing I was not fond of, and this is something common to most hotels in Goa, is the frequent encounters with different insects, animals etc... That's I believe, is the one thing I did not enjoy!

Finally I would like to thank the staff of the hotel, as they were fantastic and really made a difference, not forgetting the hotel taxi drivers!

Everyone who likes nature and wants to get away from the busy city life, this is definitely the place to head to.

Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Rnajm

Hello Rnajm,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We take your inputs seriously & will definitely look at improving on the number of items on the breakfast menu.

We hope to see you again,

Thanks

Reviewed 10 February 2015 via mobile

It's the most relaxing place to visit
Where you feel away from everything ,
Just nature where you find peace .
Linda has the greatest hospitality
And great welcome where she inform you from smallest details you need .All Rooms are nice big but remember you are in a jungle so you will may see some instincts in the rooms and monkeys outside in the morning jumping on the roof .

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Boudy B
Boutiqueresort, General Manager at Nilaya Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2015

Thank you for your kind words, we sincerely wish you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

It was our 3rd time at Nilaya in the last 3 months. Its our home away from home.

Impeccable service, friendly and jovial staff, stunning rooms, delicious food.

Already planning our next trip. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rtheos
Boutiqueresort, General Manager at Nilaya Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Thank you. Wonderful to read your review. Here at Nilaya Hermitage we strive to raise the bar on our service. Please come again,

Warm Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2015

It's hard to be satisfied with any other hotel when you have first been to Nilaya. This master piece of architecture is completely unique and so detailed beautiful. Big up for the incredible staff that has been there (most of them) for 17-20 years and takes you in from day one as a family member. The food ... I could go on .. waaoow !!
It's dangerous to try this place cause it makes all other places not seem as good.

THANK YOU NILAYA - SEE YOU SOON AGAIN !!

Room Tip: Every room is different and so beautiful, so it absolutely doesn't matter what you are offered, it's amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank PeterD1662
Boutiqueresort, General Manager at Nilaya Hermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2015

Thank you Peter, It was wonderful to have you and your friends stay with us. We hope to see you soon at Nilaya again.