“Park yourself here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Mumbai
“Park yourself here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

This resort and spa is not too far away from Dabolim airport. You may get delayed at a railway crossing, that's it. It takes 20 minutes to half an hour tops. The resort is massive and the architecture is has Spanish, Portuguese and Goan influences. It takes time to get used the layout of the place and get your bearings. I had a room that took me all around the place and finally it overlooked a lagoon with other rooms all around it. So if you want some privacy around your balcony it is not possible. Else seek out and ask for rooms that will allow you some privacy while you lounge about in the outdoors.

The room is nice enough with dark panelled wood flooring and typical Goan-style furniture and wall hangings/paintings. The bed is comfortable and so are the pillows. But the best part of your room has undoubtedly got to be the bathroom. The tiles are brightly coloured and the windows bring the sunshine flooding into the bathroom. Plus there is no tub, the bathing area is sunken, so you can fill it up and make it into your own little kiddie pool.

Speaking of pools, the main one is great, but the kids will love their own large pool. The resort has also various activities throughout the week, so you and your family can be kept busy.

The restaurant serves decent food and I particularly liked the fact that there were Goan specialities to be had, especially at breakfast. The breakfast area is split into continental and Indian, so it could be a little cumbersome if you want to sample both. The spread is lavish. There is a beautiful Goan restaurant which unfortunately I couldn't go to. Had I stayed longer I would have tried it out.

Also, a famous Goan restaurant called Martin's Corner is close by to the resort - so don't go for 'All Meals Included' package if you want some variety in terms of location and cuisine.

All in all, the resort seems pretty nice and I would like to go there with my family sometime.

Room Tip: Find out what views the rooms offer you and only then fix it.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank srinik69
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Srinik69,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. Thank you for your positive comments about our resort. I am glad to read about your appreciation for the Indo-Portuguese style architecture, our unique spa-inspired sunken bathrooms and the swimming pool, which is one of the largest in India. You must most certainly visit again and try our award-winning Goan restaurant, Casa Sarita. We take pride in being a great holiday destination for the entire family ,and we look forward to your next visit with your family.

Thomas Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Goa is often criticized for having beaches that don't measure up to the beaches in other prime beach spots around the world. The Park Hyatt beach has it all, wide pristine sand active but gentle surf and a quiet atmosphere that allows you to soak up the hot sun and dream in the ocean waves.
The resort is restrained elegance with Goa themes and motifs, spacious and beautifully landscaped grounds full of birds, fountains, pools and flowers. The swimming pool, said to be the largest in India, is a multi-level wandering fantasy of fountains and slides with both quiet and active areas. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully tasteful and the bathrooms have pool sized tubs and additional private outdoor showers. The staff is friendly offering prompt and courteous response to all requests without being stuffy or obsequious.
In short the spot offers a well appointed fantasy retreat that feels isolated and far away but is actually close to the Airport and other Goa sights.
Transport tip: If interested in traveling for the day. Take a cab from the resort one way to your place of interest and negotiate with local drivers daily rates on you own. You'll find better deals this way and won't feel trapped in an isolated spot.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DavidPres
Dear DavidPres,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am delighted to know you consider our resort as a ‘fantasy retreat’ and enjoyed your stay here.It is a huge motivation for my team and me to read such positive and reinforcing feedback. I do agree with you, Arossim beach is one of the most picturesque beaches in Goa! I hope you visit again soon and give us another opportunity to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards that we pride ourselves on.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

The guide book described this as a sterile five star which is exactly what I needed by the time I got there. The drive to the airport from the hotel is lovely, through the local villages that look unspoilt except for the tarmac road on which you are driving (I'd advise paying the extra £10 or so for the car to avoid the bus of other tourists). The lobby isn't air conditioned but given that they sit you down with a cold flannel overlooking the sea this is fine.

The rooms are 1/4 of the buildings which are layed out in an attempt to mimic local villages. Inside they are amazing, huge rooms with character, wooden floors, rainforest showers and baths that are more like small swimming pools. The beds are fantasticly comfortable and there is a balcony for drying swimming trunks.

Breakfast is what you would expect of a five star with everything that you could ask for. Breakfast was taken either inside in slight air conditioning or outside under an umbrella.

Internet was again as you would expect for a five star with a charge of about £10 for 24 hours but it was a decent speed.

Dinner: there were several options for dinner from Italian to more traditional Indian at reasonable prices or if you want to splash out there is the beach barbecue. The barbecue was idyllic, right on the edge of the beach with just the sound of crashing waves and the wind in the palm trees. You choose your fish before it is cooked but beware the price is per 100g and then they add tax Choosing the cheapest fish with potatoes and salad, a beer and a glass of the cheapest wine came to about £40.

Eco credentials, none yet but they were advertising that they would be getting solar panels and wind turbines.

Activities: Swimming (pool or sea but beware the poisonous sea snakes), tennis, gym, brilliant massage, excursions and activities such as archery and painting are put on.

Service, the only slight let down was when I was handed my bill, I pointed out that they hadn't charged me for breakfast and 10 minutes later with out much of a thank you they finally managed to add it to my bill.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank SherborneBoy
Dear SherborneBoy,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. At the onset, I deeply regret that we fell short with regard to our service during your check-out. I truly appreciate you bringing the discrepancies in your bill to our attention. In regards to the eco credentials at our resort, I would like to inform you that Hyatt worldwide operates an exemplary corporate social responsibly program called Hyatt Thrive, which we practice at the Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa through environment sustainability and community engagement initiatives. Some of the initiatives include a host of energy-saving and water consumption reduction initiatives, engagement in community causes and environment clean-up drives. We also house our very own organic vegetable garden, herb garden and butterfly garden. On your next visit to our resort, we would be delighted to arrange for the Landscape Manager to take you on our intriguing Horticulture Tour. Thank you once again for your kind words. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed here for a week mid March and to be honest never wanted to come home! A fabulous and beautiful hotel all round - the only gripe (which seems to be everyone's gripe) is the high price on drinks. From breakfast to dinner, the food was absolutely excellent, staff very attentive. The rooms are exceptionally comfortable with all the mod cons. The outdoor shower and sunken bath were pure bliss. The complimentary products supplied were of great quality - I felt truly pampered the entire week.

Every day I ate lunch at the beach shack "Venus"; amazing fresh fish, never tasted so good. Rounded off every meal with a HoneyBee Brandy - it is the smoothest brandy ever, just wish we could get it readily in the UK! The Sula Wine is also very very good - top tip - buy your Sula wine from here and take it to your room for an evening aperitif on the balcony. Some people were also being cheeky and buying the wine from the Shack then drinking it openly on the hotel's beach sunloungers. This would not happen if the hotel addressed the issue over-priced drinks!

The hotel is obviously a vast contrast to real life for most people in Goa and yes there are some people who still live in tents on the side of the road. But do you know these people never moan and always have a smile on their faces. If anything, you will return from Goa a more humble person.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lady-Jane-Louise
Dear JLRussell,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your kind review about our resort. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. Thank you for your positive comments about our dining experiences, spa-inspired bathrooms and my colleagues. I would like to inform you that the pricing of alcoholic beverages at the resort, is in fact in line with that of any other 5 star hotels in Goa. We do hope you visit us again soon.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of April, beginning of May which is the end of the season. We had never been to Goa before and didn't know quite what to expect. If we were to change anything about the hotel, it would be closer to a town and within walking distance to more shops. Also, we found the tariffs charged here to be very high (although this is not a problem with the hotel). We like to be able to get out of the hotel and experience the area more, but opportunities to do so from this resort are a bit limited.

Having said that, we ended up spending a lot more time at the resort than we had anticipated and enjoyed it very much. I thought the resort was beautiful and I loved all of the paths through the landscaped gardens. All the food that we had at the restaurants was excellent. I really enjoyed the Indian breakfast option. We also used the spa a couple of times and found it to be very nice.

We do not have kids, but the resort is definitely geared towards families and a great place to just hang out and relax.

I would recommend getting out and trying out the beach shack restaurants. We especially enjoyed Zeebops which is about a quarter mile down the beach (turn left at the beach from the hotel). Also, the shops along the drive leading to the hotel is a good place to get snacks and drinks.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for ocean view rooms. While they may face in the direction of the ocean, they a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fly_2_the_moon
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Fly_2_the_moon,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for your kind review about our resort. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. Thank you for your positive comments about our gardens, the breakfast spread and our award-winning Sereno Spa. I would like to inform you that if you wish to explore Goa, our concierge could put together an interesting itinerary for you based on your interests. In terms of the pricing at the resort, our pricing, is in fact in line with that of any other 5 star hotels in Goa. Yes, we do take pride in being a great holiday destination for the entire family and I am happy to know you think likewise. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Park Hyatt, Goa

Me, my husband and our 14 year old daughter stayed here over Easter 2012.

The idea of our holiday was one to relax and unwind, so we spent the days around the pool and on the beach.  The pool is clean, large and good fun, we always found the pool boys excellent, always going out of their way to set up our beds and arrange towels for us etc.

The restaurants were good and we had a fantastic buffet meal at the Italian Resturant and also enjoyed the Indian Resturant.  Unfortunately the lovely beach side Resturant, which really was lovely,  only served fish, which was a no go for myself, this was unfortunate as had they served meat or chicken on their BBQ we would have gone every night.  (We did ask if they served anything else but it was only fish).  Instead we ate most evenings at the beach shack on the beach.  It looked a bit primitive but was excellent. Once a week they held a bonfire and fireworks and let off sky lanterns, which was fantastic.  The food and drink in the shack was outstanding and for a really good night out I don't think the bill ever came to more that £12, which included the huge measures of gin, endless beers plus curries, rice and delicious Nan breads.

On the hotel drive there is an excellent little shop where we bought beers, soft drinks, gin and snacks all really really cheaply.  We ask room service to remove the mini bar in the fridge so we could stock it with our own stuff.

The big down side to our holiday was the endless parties and weddings being held at the hotel.

Had we had known it was wedding, party session at this hotel, we would have definitely booked elsewhere.  If like us, you find yourself in a room close to the banqueting hall I'd ask to move immediately.  We had to put up with music so loud everything in our room vibrated, the music didn't stop until well after 1am, this, along with afternoon discos in the grounds with boom boom music for hours and other outside evening events with loud music, really took the shine off what we hoped would be a quiet, relaxing holiday.

However, All in all this is a good hotel, with good food, pool and service. Under Indian standards I'm sure this hotel would be 5 star but in UK standards it was more 3-4 star.  Location and beach were excellent and the hotel gardens were really lovely, everywhere was clean and the hotel were always generous with the free water in the rooms.  Turn down service, which was often done whilst we were out, was excellent and more than just the normal turn down service.  Also, there was no sign of any nasty spiders or insects, and we didn't hear any mosquitos (the hotel did fume the grounds) although we did get bitten a lot, we think this was maybe from little bugs in the sand.  As long as it wasn't wedding/party session then I think we would happily return to is hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid Wedding session! Defiantly eat at the beach shacks, outstanding food, unbelievable value! Ta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank DerbyRah
Dear DerbyRah,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am delighted to read your pleasant comments about our resort, in particular the swimming pool, Da Luigi, our Italian restaurant and Masala ,our Indian speciality restaurant. I have noted your feedback on Palms and would like to inform you, that on special request, we do serve meat and chicken. I apologise for the misinformation that was provided to you. I am also disappointed to note that your peaceful and relaxing holiday was marred due to the music from the banqueting area. The comfort of every guest is of paramount importance to us, and I deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Thank you for bringing these discrepancies in our service to my attention, I have raised the same with the concerned departments for improvement. Thank you once again and I do hope you visit again soon and see the difference your feedback has made.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have stayed at this resort at least three times before this stay and find that the property has really deteriorated . Have covered areas specifically.
Food and Beverages (F&B)
The staff at the pool bar were unaware of the ongoing F&B promotions. During our first day there was a lot of confusion on the brand of beer in the "Bucket of Beer" promotion. Carlsberg/Budweiser/both. It finally took a supervisor to sort it out.
The service at the main bar was really bad. On Sunday night it took them 45 minutes to serve us a drink. As we had complained earlier, the staff brought us some complimentary appetizers at the end of the evening.
Most of the wait staff are unaware of what is available and especially with respect to the promotions - once again the advertized biryani festival was something unknown to them. Also, when I asked for a chicken biryani, that was not available. Only the 2 varieties which were on the usual menu were on offer.
Pool Towels
I understand that the pool is open till 7:30 pm. However the staff starts folding up the sun loungers and towels from 6pm itself. After 7 pm it takes almost 20 minutes to get a towel. This happened to us TWICE on two consecutive days
Housekeeping
On a morning when we were scheduled to go out of the hotel, I requested housekeeping to return after half an hour at 11:30 am to do our room as we leaving shortly, we kept having to repeat our request every five minutes till finally in disgust we just let them in and left the room
Noise
No one told us when we were checking in that the room right in front of ours was undergoing renovation. The time indicated in the letter by the GM which we found in our room said that work would stop at 6:30 pm but work continued till after 8 pm on most days
Tariff
When we checked in, we were told by two of your staff that the room credits towards F&B were Rs 3000 PER ROOM PER NIGHT. However on check out, we were informed that as it was a family package we would only get the credit for one room.
Room Acoustics and Light
The way the rooms and toilets are constructed, the noise and light from the toilet travels into the room and is very disturbing
There are a plethora of resorts in Goa - choose somewhere else. Personally I would now always stay at the Taj

I think the above covers it - I am sorry to say but the above are not reflective of a resort that calls itself a five star property and experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank vnsb
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear VNSB,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!
Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. At the onset, I am deeply disheartened to learn that you did not have a pleasant stay and that we were unable to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience. It is truly regrettable to know that we fell short in so many aspects; this is certainly not the standard of service that we endeavour to provide to our guests. Thank you for bringing these discrepancies to my attention; I have raised the same with the concerned departments for improvement. I also regret the inconvenience that you experienced due to maintenance work and I am disappointed with your displeasure with our room design. In regard to the tariff charges on the family package, the second room is offered for children below the age of 12 years on a 50 percent discount on the room tariff rate, therefore the F & B credit that we offer on our Tropical Escape package is not applicable. Thank you once again for your feedback.I do hope you and your family will visit again and give us another opportunity to be able to meet your expectations.

Thomas Abraham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,024 reviews
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#8 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!