This resort and spa is not too far away from Dabolim airport. You may get delayed at a railway crossing, that's it. It takes 20 minutes to half an hour tops. The resort is massive and the architecture is has Spanish, Portuguese and Goan influences. It takes time to get used the layout of the place and get your bearings. I had a room that took me all around the place and finally it overlooked a lagoon with other rooms all around it. So if you want some privacy around your balcony it is not possible. Else seek out and ask for rooms that will allow you some privacy while you lounge about in the outdoors.
The room is nice enough with dark panelled wood flooring and typical Goan-style furniture and wall hangings/paintings. The bed is comfortable and so are the pillows. But the best part of your room has undoubtedly got to be the bathroom. The tiles are brightly coloured and the windows bring the sunshine flooding into the bathroom. Plus there is no tub, the bathing area is sunken, so you can fill it up and make it into your own little kiddie pool.
Speaking of pools, the main one is great, but the kids will love their own large pool. The resort has also various activities throughout the week, so you and your family can be kept busy.
The restaurant serves decent food and I particularly liked the fact that there were Goan specialities to be had, especially at breakfast. The breakfast area is split into continental and Indian, so it could be a little cumbersome if you want to sample both. The spread is lavish. There is a beautiful Goan restaurant which unfortunately I couldn't go to. Had I stayed longer I would have tried it out.
Also, a famous Goan restaurant called Martin's Corner is close by to the resort - so don't go for 'All Meals Included' package if you want some variety in terms of location and cuisine.
All in all, the resort seems pretty nice and I would like to go there with my family sometime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa is an award-winning hotel nestled along the pristine Arossim Beach and 15 minutes from Dabolim Airport. Set within 45 acres of landscaped gardens with glimmering waterways and lagoons, the resort combines elegance with distinctive regional character, perfectly reflecting the vivacious heritage of Goa. With its dramatic architecture, Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa was conceptualised as a charming Indo-Portuguese village housing 250 Pousada-style guestrooms and suites, each offering a surreal spa-inspired bathing experience. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa showcases a selection of exquisite restaurants and superlative culinary experiences, including a signature fine-dining Goan restaurant, Casa Sarita, the award-winning Sereno Spa, one of the largest swimming pools in India, picturesque function spaces and a Camp Hyatt for younger guests. Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa creates the romance and aura of a luxury boutique hotel while having the amenities and vibrant attractions of a resort. True to the Park Hyatt brand, the resort epitomises understated luxury and gracious service in an intimate sanctuary, offering guests an experience that is distinctively inspiring.Recent accolades include: 2016 World Luxury Spa Awards - Best Destination Spa (#1), asiaSpa India Awards 2015 - Cashew Ritual - Most Luxurious Spa Treatment (#1), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015 - Favourite Destination Spa (Runner-up), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2015 - Favourite Indian Leisure Hotel (Runner-up), asiaSpa India Awards 2014 - Most Luxurious Spa (Resort), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2014- Favourite Leisure Hotel in India (#1), Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2013 - Favourite Destination Spa (#1, 2012 Favourite Leisure Hotel in India (#1) - Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2012 Favourite Destination Spa (#2) - Conde Nast Traveller India Readers' Travel Awards 2012 Asia's Leading Resort (#1) - World Travel Awards 2011 Best Resort Spa (#1) - asiaSpa India Awards ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Agoda so you can book your Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Goa Hotel Cansaulim
- Hyatt Cansaulim
- Cansaulim Hyatt
- Park Hyatt Goa Resort And Spa India