“Cleaner beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Gujarat
“Cleaner beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The property is better maintained, though the entrance with the wooden finish is now made into more of a concrete view, but very clean, hygienic, friendly staff, front desk support, Fiona was very kind to take personal interest in guests comfort, housekeeping was excellent, as many times as you call them to make the room fresh, they came without a fuss, the beach was super clean, white sandy beach with a perfect resort to be there. The food at the 'village' restaurant was awesome as usual, lovely spread. Massive pool, spread in a way that you can have your private bit, kids can have a lovely time in their small fall and pool, super. There is all efforts undertaken to ensure the pool is clean at all times.

Room Tip: pay a little more for a lovely sea view room, if you don't mind a few steps more while going to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 74hope79
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear 74hope79,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about our resort. I am particularly proud to read your wonderful feedback about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on event calendars, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

Thomas Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pune
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Was very disappointed by my stay at the Hyatt Resort and Spa. 5 of us were there last week. I was so excited about staying there since I had heard a lot about the place. I normally always stay at the Taj Exotica but this time don't know why I decided to stay at the Hyatt! The property by itself is very beautiful, very reminiscent of Kerala. And the room sizes are good. And the variety of dishes at breakfast and lunch buffets are a lot. But that's where the plus points end.
The mattresses are terrible. We were 5 of us, all booked for 3 nights. No one slept a wink because of the terrible mattresses and pillows. When I called in the morning to ask if our mattresses could be changed I was told that was not at all possible and neither were they willing to move us to rooms with twin beds as those mattresses were better. The problem with the ones in the double beds were they were too soft and behaved like water beds. To cut a long story short, they refused to do anything. Finally the boy who cleans the room suggested getting in an extra foldaway bed. So for the next 2 nights, one of us slept right in the center of the double bed and the other on the foldaway bed. On the final evening because one of the staffers heard me complaining about this, another mattress was sent to my room at about 8 pm but I flat refused it since I was checking out next day. Also the bed sheet on the 2nd night was absolutely stained. I discovered it at 1.30 am when we got back to the room to sleep but by then it was too late. I placed my shawl over that stain and went to sleep.
All in all I was so disappointed. To think I gave up the chance to stay at the Taj Exotica for this!!! The feeling of warmth from the staff you find in the Taj properties is missing here. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnuradhaPune
Dear AnuradhaPune,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

At the onset we are deeply disappointed to know you had an unsatisfactory experience at our resort and we fell short in providing you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. This is definitely not the standard of service we aim to provide to our guests. Thank you for sharing your concerns and feedback, I have shared the same with the concerned departments for further improvement. We sincerely hope you reconsider visiting us and give us another opportunity to serve you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel required a little getting used to; if you usually stay in city hotels. This was no problem for us as the staff were on hand to guide us throughout whole stay. Plenty of facilities for example pools, gym and tennis courts. Breakfast was really good staff were more than helpful and on hand if anything was required. Plenty of choice for dinner. Room was comfortable, with the staff coming round for a turn-down service. Rooms were kept cleaned!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Patel p,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay at our resort and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments about our facilities. I am particularly proud to read your wonderful feedback about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

we had our office offsite last weekend at this resort property and had booked 50 rooms on single occupancy. the complete trip was a nightmare. Right from the planning of games, booking of conference rooms, there was no help or cooperation whatsoever from the Park Hyatt staff. At every stage the only answer that we got from them was "THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE". We were even charged for water that we requested during our games (this despite having booked and paid for the conference room for the entire day). This is the first hotel where we paid for the conference room and also had to pay separately for a genset because the power provided by the hotel is not sufficient to support a sound system. The food was tasteless, the drinks were exhorbitantly priced and the staff was rude. Please do not use this hotel for your offsite ever!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank ednamartis
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Tranquility & bliss along with a huge dose of luxury is how I would describe this property . It is one one the best Hyatt properties . Having stayed in the Hyatt properties both in India & on international soils this one is by far the best

We were spending a quite getaway to celebrate my birthday . Despite there being conferences in the hotel the staff ensured that we got a nice little private room that was far away from the crowds

The rooms are beautiful & the property brilliantly green in the monsoons but hearing the raindrops outside your window is another experience here

The staff deserves a special mention - Abhishek who helped me with my reservations & early check in, Vanessa at the front desk who went out of the way to to make this occasion so special . She even ensured that a cake was sent to our room to celebrate my birthday . And definitely Sunil & Sanjay at the breakfast area at casa sarita who knew exactly what my order was the moment I stepped in . It's the warmth in these little gestures that makes this place a gem

The highlight however was Badshah the lab who showered my with immense love & joy every time I saw him

This is by far my favorite hotel & I hope to make spending my birthday here a ritual

Room Tip: Choose a room in court 2 facing the lawns for a private romantic getaway
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Stormcometh,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your special occasion. We are delighted to know you consider our property to be one of the best Hyatt properties you have stayed at till date and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments, I am particularly proud to read your wonderful feedback about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Park Hyatt is the place to be, if you are looking for a great family get away. Excellent location, warm welcome, good hospitality and of course no holiday is complete without a great food. The property is nicely built up, supported by excellent house keeping. I would specially appreciate the hospitality of their chief chef Mr. Rawat. Most friendly n ever happy to serve food of your choice. Would love to be here again n again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor give a better view of nature n have more privacy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Sarabjit S,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments of your stay at our resort. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Nagpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Kudos to Mr Abraham and his Team, excellent place to be. On my rating Amongst the top 3 resorts in India i have stayed till date. Excellence and simply Luxury at its best.We stayed from 7th July 2014 to 10th July 2014 with family(Wife and a 5year old Kid), the hotel staff took enough care to make us feel comfortable. I was vary of booking this resort, as i have been reviewing about it on trip advisor and from certain individuals, that Hyatt being an American multinational is good enough as professional hoteliers, but lack a certain sense of Indian touch of compassion,sparking the memories of my excellent experience at India's top resorts like Leela and Oberoi. But after checking in at Park Hyatt,my apprehensions flew away, the staff took enough care and made us feel comfortable like home. I would like to name and thank here some hotel staff for making our trip a framing memory, 1. Boys in Village Cafe- Narendra,Randhir, Ashish, Joyson 2. Chef- Akshay 3. Chef De Cuisine - Devendra 4.Camp Hyatt- Ms. Amina and Front office- Mr. Vipul Bhosale for their excellent hospitality
Loved the food, excellent quality and taste. Everthing thing was excellent the setting and hygeine standards of the resort were world class. However i would like to input some advice on some points as a guest to your resort management.
1.Food- Though was of sumptous and excellent quality and taste and hygeine.What i saw , falls short of menu planning, for example the spread of menu main course in breakfast, lunch as well as dinner was not that appealing as i have observed in it's peer's, cutting down on unnecesary dishes and including the one's with higher consumption was advisable as well as desirable, though i understand the complexity of satiating guests from all regions of the world, still it could have been better planned,depending upon the occupancy of guest type.Neverthless the food taste and quality under Chef de Cuisine Mr. Devendra was world class, and i would highly recommend it to Travel and Food Guide as well as Forbes food Guide.
2.Rooms- Excellent setting as per the Indo Portuguese style of architecture, though elegant and warming, are more of a traditional one's could have been better as trendy with portuguese architecture, specially can do away with old room lighting styles for paving way of more trendy and eco friendly LED lighting.

Excellence overall, will return back again sometime in early 2015.

Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas A, General Manager at Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear VikramG80,

Greetings from Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to know we were able to meet your expectations and deliver to you the Park Hyatt experience we pride ourselves on. Thank you for your great comments, I am particularly proud to read your wonderful feedback about my associates. It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and your positive comments are reflective of that. We are always open to suggestions from guests and I appreciate your suggestions. Feedback from guests such as you is a huge motivation to my team and me. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Thomas Abraham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,028 reviews
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
Novotel Goa Resort & Spa
#8 of 64 in Candolim

Been to Park Hyatt Goa Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!