“lovely place”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cansaulim
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“lovely place”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

we went to goa off season, in the monsoons and it was more beautiful than i could imagine.
The hotel is lovely, cottage type of setting with the 1st floor connected with a common veranda.the pool with a sunken bar is in the centre.All meals were included in the package and it seemed like all we were doing was eating and relaxing. The staff is courteous and service was good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Reading a few reviews on here prompted posting my own. Firstly, room booking. Most hotels overbook and I have previously been issued a room of a lesser standard than I booked. Usually, if you are staying a fortnight, you will change over the next day, provided you let the management now. It is a warm and friendly family run Goan-style hotel. So whilst it provides a limited European food option, the range and quality of the local food is wonderful. The main restaurant dishes served buffet style often are better than their a la carte restaurant! Everything on the Goan menu is spiced to some degree. You can have your breakfast ommelette plain, but try it with chillis. Its lovely. The season is November to mid April, or the Easter holiday. Towards the end of this more Indian families book and the food I noticed got spicier. There is a falling off of service as they turn their attention to the summer bookings but not to the degree it dampened the holiday. It was a great people viewing experience in a hotel which normally offers a sanitised version of Goa within its beautiful flowered environment. Definitely try out the spa treatments and trips organised locally often are a gem too, showing you about local culture. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a first time experience of India, but don't forget the culture of the country you are visiting. It isn't Marbella!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Esme838
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Heritage Club for 4 nights from late March to April.

Service, rooms and food were excellent and the best bit was our package included free alcohol which was not listed when when we booked our accommodation, so this was a massive bonus! This seems to be the case for all packages as all the other guests we spoke to at Heritage had the same deal.

Heritage seems to be geared toward towards couples or the over 40s, however there was still a mix of younger people.

I also had an issue that arose once I left India, which I email Heritage about. To their credit they addressed the issue almost instantly and resolved the matter most satisfactorily and in a timely fashion.

I would happily stay at Heritage again if i was in Goa.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rev36
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I would like to share my experience of my stay at Heritage Village Club, Goa.
My son and I checked in at the hotel for 2 nights in April 2011. The welcome and check in was smooth.
We were escorted to the room which I found to be basic but kept very clean and one could sense good housekeeping. The downside was that our room was above the dining area/kitchen and during the mornings, food smell wafted to the room via the balcony if the door was left open.
I found the staff most helpful and courteous. The lady reception was very prompt in arranging for a doctor to visit us due to a dehydration problem with my son. She also arranged for a little snack in the room just in case my son felt hungry at night. My special thanks to her. Sadly she was not on duty the next day for me to thank her. I hope this she gets to read this.
The food had a good variety of tasty Indian as well as continental fare. I do not understand why some people are cribbing about absence of continental food in their reviews. What do they expect? In my experience hotels will always try to give you the local flavour in the country they are located in. One is better off staying at home if one expects to get one’s staple diet on a holiday! The waiters were always polite and greeted all guests well as well as looked after them during the meal.
Overall I would say the stay was comfortable (though the a/c was noisy) and the hotel can be more proactive in overall maintenance as the building and rooms are beginning to look run down!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Fountainhall_10
HUNTINGDON
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I have just come back from the Heritage Village with my husband and I have to say we had a wonderful time.
Although we had a problem with our room initially, this was rectified the next morning and we soon settled in and enjoyed the lovely view from our patio.
The food is amazing - yes it is typically Goan but then you are in Goa - I personally don't go on holiday to eat the same food that I eat at home. The Mango Terrace is an absolute must where the food is of a very high standard and delicious. If you have a problem with the food the Head chef is very quick to rectify it and will happily get you something else.
We did the Jungle Book trip which although was very expensive - £188 for 2 - it has left us with once in a lifetime memories - riding the elephants and washing and bathing them.
Tip: we did this as a day trip which having spoken to other people was definitely the way to go as the mud huts are basic and often full of creepy crawlies.
The staff were very attentive and provide a high level of service although some of the management should consider how they deal with the guests.
I would definitely love to go back here once I have seen some more of the world.

Room Tip: Book a Club room
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kat40Huntingdon
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We have just come back from two weeks at the Heritage Village. When booking we didn't realise it was the end of the season and Thompson did not bother to hghlight this, and more importantly the start of the Indian school holidays. During the first week, the staff were attentive and the service first class however following the Easter weekend everything changed. Staff numbers reduced and the service slipped drastically. Day by day more and more Indian families arrived and 'took over' the hotel. The men can only be described and 'dirty old men' and made a lot of the British women uncomfortable around the pool, to the extent that we ended up not going in!!!

With regards the food it was Indian, Indian, Indian with an occasional European dish. There was however plenty on offer and it always appeared fresh and hot. We didn't take children but would definitely not recommend it as they were not catered for in respect of food.

The room was clean, bedding and towels changed on a daily basis. Whilst quiet the first week the rooms around us were occupied by Indian families during the second week and they constantly had their doors open with the children running up and down the landing shouting and screaming which spoilt it for us.

Room Tip: Do not go mid April onwards to this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dj500600
South Wales
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We travelled to Goa with friends we were initially a little dubious, however, I am delighted to say we had a fantastic holiday at the Heritage.

Our first room that we were allocated was very dark and dismal, I spoke to the reception and as soon as another room became available we were moved without a hitch.

The waiting staff in this hotel were the best we have encountered any where in the world, they are a credit to the Management, the staff were genuine and the service did not falter for the whole two weeks.

The food was lovely however you do need to like curry! If you want change you can just go outside the hotel to "FELIX'S PLACE" his service and hospitality is delighful, we did have upset tummys and just wanted something plain. Felix cooked us chips, egg and genuine Heinz beans, you will not be disappointed with any of his food,my husband had the sea bass which was amazing!!

The entertainment was very good and you were always encouraged to join in.

I would definately return to Goa, however, the airport has put us off for sometime as this was quite an experience.

Our Thomson REP was fantastic, she was at hand if ever we needed her, which we did, as we needed to see the doctor as we had upset tummys for 5 days! A quick injection from the doctor and some tablets soon sorted us out, however when I started back on the Malaria tablets my symptoms returned??

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, however, India is very poor but I would definately return, thanks to Johiff, Macroy, Milbern there service was fantastic!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank VicJP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cansaulim
Taj Exotica Goa
#1 of 10 in Cavelossim
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
Holiday Inn Resort Goa
#5 of 10 in Cavelossim

Been to Heritage Village Club Goa? Share your experiences!