After all the great reviews of this place my fiance and I were definitely going to stay there for the remainder of our holiday, but our 5 night stay was cut short to 1 because we could not stand it any longer. The staff, although nice, were not welcoming. The food in the restaurant was okay and the beach flanking the property was covered in rubbish. We did not get any explanation about the area (which we had not been before) and were basically dumped in our room and left to our own devices.
The worst part though was when the sun went down. The entire bathroom was LITTERED with cockroaches. I was afraid to go to the toilet!! We killed a total of 12 that evening in the small bathroom before we went to bed but I did not even want to go back to that bathroom and find out if there were anymore! Because of the dead cockroaches, the floor was now covered in ants that were attracted to the corpses.
After breakfast that morning we went to complain and say we were leaving that afternoon but when we came back to our room we found all evidence of the massacre disposed of. No apology, no explanation, nothing. When we tried to leave they demanded we pay the 50% cancellation fee and when mentioning the cockroaches and how disgusted we were that the villas could be in such a state the manager, who barely apologised, finally agreed to a 25% cancellation fee. We were going to push the issue further because vermin to that extent is just unacceptable but were too tired and just wanted to get the hell out of there. We won't be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have your best holiday ever in our beautiful boutique villas in Candi Dasa on the Island of Gods. Bayshore's beachfront Villas, featuring a mix of modern architecture and traditional Charm, which will give you a stylish setting for your perfect holiday. On our property you'll find eight world class villas and two private houses,Two storey apartments that can accommodate up to 8 adults all of them offering a stunning view of the sea which are absolute waterfront with a choice of two pools, spa,gift shop and our own private beach with a cooling breeze.Enjoy our paradise which is set on over one hectare of tropical gardens with professional staff.The Terrace restaurant offers amazing food created by our award winning chef.We look forward to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa Hotel Candidasa
- Bayshore Villas Candi Dasa Bali/Candidasa