My friend and I stayed at the Bali Palms resort in Candi Dasa as part of a promotional deal which required us to sit through a 90 minute time-share presentation.
I will firstly rate the area. Candi Dasa is a very beautiful part of Bali. It does not have a beach to speak of, however there is a beautiful beach a few klm away. (The resort is able to arrange transport, or a day trip which includes a BBQ,
Candi Dasa is a beautiful little gem of a place, if you do not want the manic pace of KUTA. Although our promotion included a day trip to Kuta...4 hours is enough. I guess it depends what sort of holiday you are looking for.
The township has some really lovely shops (with set prices), relatively cheap, and without the stress of haggling.
It has many good class restaurants (although we only tried 1) and warungs.
We chose to pay $129 each which included 2 meals a day in the resort for the 7 nights....Well that was a waste of money.......We were not informed that it is from a set menu (which did not have an Indonesian meal on it!!!) very disappointing :-( It would have been much cheaper to eat out at the local restaurants, which were only a short walk away.
The resort is a little tired, and our room was adequate. The pool was lovely, and the ground were well maintained.
The towels were laughable. I read a previous comment that said "they looked as though they were donated by charity" - Very True. The room was thoroughly cleaned daily by the housekeeping staff, who were very friendly and obliging.
A special mention to all of the staff - Including Wewin, Melanie, Yoyo,Jansen and Smiley who contributed to making our stay very enjoyable.
The only thing that left a sour taste was the time share presentation. We attended the presentation win an open mind, and were even slightly interested in what was being offered (If there was the remotest chance it was for real). after some consideration, my friend and I declined buying into it ...partly because of our financial situations. taht should have been the end of it.....but wait there is more!!!!
That evening we attended a tradition pig on a spit function at their sister resort the Bali Shangrila. We were enjoying the evening until we spotted the Sales Marketing Manager John Ward. He appeared to at first to be talking to some of the guests, but really here was there to see my friend and I.
He asked if he could join us at our table, and we consented. He then proceeded to continue trying the hard sell on us...during our leisure time and while he was obviously very intoxicated. This was very rude, unprofessional and totally unacceptable. we had fulfilled our obligation by attending the presentation earlier on that afternoon....It should not have included harassment whilst we were enjoying our leisure time.
On a positive note, without the last incident, it was a very enjoyable stay. I would readily travel to and stay at Candi Dasa again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Palms Resort is located right on the beachfront with breathtaking views of sea, islands and mountain backdrop. It is a luxury, modern hotel & residential gated resort, offering a full range of high standard facilities to make our guests & owners comfortable for short holidays or medium and long stay residential. Our Resort is just 1 hour 15 mins from the airport on the new by-pass. The Resort has 48 Luxury accommodations set round a very large pool with plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. The resort comprises Hotel Rooms, Studios, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments & Villas, many with private walled gardens. Palms Resort is family owned and promotes a strong family atmosphere, with friendly and helpful staff dedicated to your holiday enjoyment. We have a superb beachfront bar & restaurant with Happy Hours 4 - 6 pm plus a weekly entertainment program of traditional Balinese Dance, Fire Dance & Showgirl Cabaret plus Resident Groups. Spoil yourself in Palms Spa centre which offers traditional Balinese massage, therapy treatments and pedicure service. We even have a Medical Centre with resident Doctor and Nurse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bali Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Palms Hotel Candidasa
- Bali Palms Resort Candidasa