“Sunday Lunch.”

Ranked #10 of 18 Candidasa B&B and Inns
Penshurst
“Sunday Lunch.”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We have lunch at Bayshore with friends, beautiful venue by the ocean and pool, food is fantastic, fresh with a wide menu, Indo, seafood and classic. everyone finds a favorite, great service, Candidasa has lots of great places to eat, Bayshore Sunday Lunch, with friends and celebrate past friends,a special place.. .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
bradbayshore, Manager at Bayside Bungalows Candidasa, responded to this review, 10 November 2014
Thank you for your time for review us and hope to see you next time

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sydney
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had such a different experience to the other reviewers :-(

On arrival, the staff were brisk and uninformative - there was no information sheet/book in the room and it took my asking reception to help book me a massage at a neighboring hotel spa for them to explain that there is a spa on-site, hidden away inside their dull little gift shop. The masseuse was very good.

The free wifi was very unreliable and only seemed to work if you sat in reception, and even then only at certain times.

My room was dark (poor lighting), had two windows but they looked directly into two other rooms, and as they had no net/screen, I had to keep the curtains closed for any privacy. The bathroom was open to the elements, which is a nice idea, but it was very old and mouldy. There wasn't even any hot water for the shower or sink. I know it's the tropics, but I was surprised not to have hot water for the sink, at least? The air conditioning unit mocked me from the corner of the room, as there was no remote control for it. Thank goodness for a ceiling fan, as there was no mosquito screen on the windows so I had to keep them shut at night. The room safe was an ornament as it was broken. I had asked for a quiet room, but even then, it opened onto the building site (for yet MORE accommodation in this already cramped 'resort') and the constantly busy main road to Candi dasa. The builders were quiet, but stopped and stared every time I arrived at or left the room. The idea of sitting out on my tiny tiled entry porch was therefore pretty unappealing. I'm glad I didn't book a room by the pool as the pool bar/restaurant played the same CD of pop covers over and over and over and even from my room it was irritating.
All in all, just not relaxing, I felt like I could have been anywhere in the tropics, the resort had none of the Balinese touches I've experienced - even in Seminyak!
For the same money, I recommend you choose the OTHER end of Candi dasa, down the quiet road near Vincents restaurant. The beach will still be black,but you'll be able to unwind in the quieter location.
The Candi dasa locals are lovely, very friendly, helpful and not pushy. So go to Candi dasa for a few days but don't stay here, it's such a disappointment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SydneyMissL
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Mean't to stay 4 nights but after 2 moved out.We'd booked 6 months in advance(asking for specific bed arrangement) but still had to wait half an hour for twin beds to be placed in our room. Bungalow was two back from main road and hence all night you could hear passing traffic,along with roosters and dogs barking all night long.Tiles dirty and even after I asked cleaner to mop-sticky stain still there.Rooms very tired looking definitely not worth $80/night.Service at breky poor-staff hardly ever smile, not the best vibe!Do youself a favour and book elsewhere. Checked out 4 other resorts along main road,all cheaper and much better accommodation.Highly reccommend Aquaria Resort-had lunch there and owner Jenny friendly and encouraged us to go for a swim.Rooms are modern and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had a problem finding these bungalows by car at night we couldn't see the sign and don't know it was part of Bayshore. No one that we asked had heard of them!

On our 2nd day it poured with rain therefore the indoor/outdoor shower room was so wet and the rain came in over the toilet so you got wet using it. The same problem existed with the sink and mirror and was unusable. There was no mirror in the room either.

I'm sure this is all fine in good weather but in heavy rain it didn't make our stay very enjoyable.

Kettle in the room never reached boiling point so there must be an issue with power.The bed side light was very gloomy as was the whole room which makes reading difficult.

Breakfast was excellent and the chef must be commended .The staff serving breakfast and the other staff were also excellent.

Room Tip: We didn't use the spa.Make sure you have the bungalows when it isn't raining! They need more...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We were part of a group invited to celebrate birthday's with our lovely friend's J & A from Hobart who had booked out Brad's entire property for the occasion. After spending nearly a week in Legian/Seminyak area it was a very welcome change of pace to arrive at Brad's little slice of paradise. The villas with infinity pools and outdoor bathrooms right on the beach were lovely and the bungalows, set back behind the villas surrounding the main pool and swim up bar were traditional thatch roof with outdoor bathrooms and very comfortable. Brad is building more villas to the back of the bungalows but we didn't notice any disturbance at all and our bungalow's entrance was directly in front of the construction site. Aircons were fully functional and rooms serviced every day. It almost has a feeling of cosiness without the claustrophobia and we enjoyed our time there.
The main pool is large and the poolbar staff could not be more friendly and happy!
Breakfasts were good with variety of foods and juices.
The small spa on site is outdoor off from the small shop and the staff were so lovely working hard to accommodate our large party of people. My partner and I enjoyed a lovely massage and a pedicure.
Brad and his great team of staff were always available to make sure we were catered for and went the extra miles to make our time there a happy and memorable holiday with our friends. Thank you so much for your efforts. We appreciated everything

Room Tip: The villas are lovely. The bungalows are fine and we believe these are eventually being demolished w...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Thanks to Brad & the team at Bayside / Bayshore Bungalows! They were amazing! Beautiful setting right on the beach! It was really nice waking up to the sounds of the waves rather than the bemos! The team were lovely & friendly! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PipColreavy
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Myself and my family stayed in the "Panorama" room at Bayshore Villas. Well it was wonderful, the staff we all lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. The kids had a wonderful place to be fairly free in as this resort is placed well back from the road. The access to the ocean is not that easy so I didn't have to worry about them too much.

The included breakfasts were wonderful and we found the whole complex lovely.

The thing our kids enjoyed the most was the friendly little dog - Tickey who is the owner Brad's dog. Such a lovely little addition to a family holiday. Thanks all at Bayside.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if any of the rooms are better than the others, maybe just closer to the pool and r...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family