“Memorable beachfront paradise”

Candi Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Candidasa
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I found another nice place to stay in Candi Dasa from online booking. I was really beautiful bungalow. The beach just about a few steps away, that you can enjoy the view, playing on the beach, or just get wet. The Ocean breeze was very warm and soft,,, Also the staff, they give the smile always everyday. Breakfast also nice with ocean view. The room was very clean, i can't say anything about this place. The location is easy to find, with some restaurant in the corner. You can arrange the snorkeling or diving with local services. I think they have a good one, you can ask the staff about that, but mostly, i like very much this place....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear jaysuarjaya,

Thank you for your nice comments, we appreciate it very much.

Our Hotel location a bit remote from the city frenzied, it would be nice for those who are very busy in their daily activities, lay down beside of our infinity pool, a very tranquil place, just the waves and the sea breeze will add to the atmosphere romantic if you are staying in our hotel. Hopefully you could share your experienced with your Family, friend and colleagues and encourage them to spend some days in our Hotel.

Your nice comments is part of our success in future, thank you once again for your kind thoughts.

Looking forward to your next visit to our beautiful Hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We first booked our "cottage" on hotels.com and the the pictures look NOTHING like what is was! We arrived and was surprised by how small our rooms were, to me a cottage is bigger than a room at motel 6 but this was so much smaller! It was nice and newly remodeled but VERY small! The prices for beer and alcohol is through the roof! Over $6 for a large beer! So if you find yourself here, best go down the street to the local store and by your own beverages! The food was not good, breakfast and dinner was included but it was buffet style and many times I could find something edible, but would have rather gone out to a local restaurant! The staff didn't seem too happy and the dining area was not as clean and nice as the rooms...when we checked out they tried to charge us for drinks and snacks from our mini bar we did not consume and were never present in our room during our 2 night stay, they also make you check out beach towels, and return them which I think is too much trouble to add on to your guests! So check your bill! make sure you show them and write down what is in the mini bar when you arrive! They do have a free shuttle to town 2x a day that I took advantage of, but only for 2 hours at a time so I found myself not having enough time to eat,shop, and get to know the locals without having to find a ride back on my own!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Balilight_13

Dear Balilight_13,

Thank you for your comments, we do apologize for being dissatisfaction during your stay, however at the same time we also receive some positive comments in all aspect of our hospitality. however we would appreciate your comments. It will be used for our future improvement.

We looking forward to meet you again at our hotel someday,

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The hotel location is a bit remote but then in return you get quiet and relaxing location. It has a nice and white sand beach, which you could do some snorkeling during the low tide.

We stayed in the deluxe cottage, the room is a bit smaller than I imagined but it was cleaned and the bed was just right for me.
Except that I requested for a king bed when we booked and I also called about the bed and they said they would do it, but they still gave me 2 single bed a because I was staying with my wife and a toddler, so in the end they had to join the bed and put some pillow in the gap, which was not really nice for my wife to sleep in the middle of the gap.

The hotel grounds were clean, the garden was really huge and cleaned. Both of the pool were cleaned. The infinity pool was fantastic, the view was a "million dollar view"
Most of the staff were friendly.

As for the food, I have to agree with most of the reviews here. The quality of the food didn't reflect like most other Bali 4 star hotels it tasted more like a 2 star hotel, they really need to do a huge work on the food. They should know it, as during our stayed with almost fully booked room but I didn't see anyone eating in the restaurant. As for the free dinner, they should had not charged the guest for the "normal plain drinking water", as they can provide it during breakfast and they charged around "$1.8 for a 600ml" while the continence store in candidasa sold "$.50cents for 1.5lt", it felt the were trying to earn back the money the from the water. After the first night we always ate outside the hotel as some of the restaurant offered a free pick-up service or delivery service and the food was much cheaper and tastier

Overall, I would love to try stay again once their villa are finished. I hope by that time they have done something about the food. I hope they will have more kid activities in the future as I saw many family with kids during our stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the room near the lobby and the one near the infinity pool as most the construction are coming...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear cloud7879,

Thank you for taking your time, and we do respect your criticism, surely it will be used for our future improvements, we apologize for some reasons that you did not satisfy with our foods, it really hard for us to judge, since at the time we also received the positive comments about our foods, however your comments is valuable for our future business and thank you once again for that.

Looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Over all I love the property, it was nice, infront of the beach with the huge garden... But unfortunately I really dissapointed with the staff who handled my check in procedure. I stayed on nyepi day for 3days 2 nights. In 5 minute after my arrival, the reception who handling my check in didn't gave me the registration card yet, the cold towel not given yet but she already asked my to settle my room charge directly. 2 week when I made the reservation, I already sent the deposit and as a person who also working at the hospitality, at least we can ask the credit card of guest for guarantee. I don't mind if we have to settle the payment upon arrival, but the way this staff talked is really not friendly and at least she can give us the cold towel first or at least finished our registration first then she can start to talk about the billing, she shouldn't ruin our first 5 minute after arrived. The first impression will made the effect in whole stay. She's totally not friendly!!! But FB staff really nice, they really help me during my stay since my fiance get sick and couldn't walked to restaurant to get some meals. They're really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rica D

Dear Rica D,

Thank you for your comment even negatives, your disappointment it come to our special attention, especially to the staff who handling you during check in
we do apologized and all your criticism will be used for our future improvement.

Hopefully you will have a chance to come back again, we will try to deliver the best hospitality, especially to you .

Once again your comments is much appreciated.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at Candi Beach Cottage for 2 nights in Feb 2013. Candidasa was our 4th stop in Bali and have to say that we were disappointed with our stay. First of all, the property was difficult to find from the road. It had a faded and miniscule sign on a billboard bundled with other hotels. Secondly, there was construction which apparently started early Jan 2013. At the time of booking (in Jan), there was no notice on the hotel's website about this otherwise I would have stayed clear of the property. The hotel did offer a free buffet dinner for the inconvenience but the selection was very limited and mostly were of rice variety. Pictures of the rooms are very deceiving - rooms were tiny in reality. While the swimming pools were nice, the other public areas were stuck in the 80s. The main restaurant and its terrace were literally remnants from the early 80s. The GM should look up at the ceiling and see the hundreds of dead bugs inside the ceiling light fixtures. The restaurant/pool bathrooms were scary old. I never went to Berlin when the wall was still up but this is what I imagine a public bathroom would be in the old DDR! The music at dinner was a selection of cheesy 70s and 80s. I mean, come on! Pool service was poor poor poor! You literally had to go look for people if you wanted a drink. One time I saw an elderly couple struggling to re-position their sun chairs with a bunch of staff hanging out and talking by the towel station. Candi Beach was truly a disappointment. Had we not pre-paid, we would have walked out - pronto.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Grace_Parigote
IBP_Gustu, Guest Relations Manager at Candi Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Grace_Parigote,

Thank you for your comments, we do appreciate all your criticism and it will be used for our future improvement, we do apologize for this situation, however we have no complaint so far from our ongoing project, since we not using heavy equipment, therefore no disturbance to our guest in term of noise, however we always keep trying to deliver the best service to all our guest.

Hopefully in future there is a chance for you to visit us again, you will see that our Hotel is the best at this area.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

We have visited Bali many times and this was our first trip to Candi Dasa. We loved it and will definatley be back!
Candi Dasa is a quiet area of Bali with many lovely beaches and places to visit. The town has some lovely restaurants such as Rendevous which we visited more than once - it was amazing!
A day at White Sand Beach is highly recommended as well!
We stayed in a deluxe cottage which was lovely. The grounds of the hotel are large with 2 pools, beachfront and lovely gardens.
The hotel is being expanded and some renovations going on. This did not disturb us at all and the hotel provided free dinners every evening to compensate. I believe this is offered all year while they are extending. It was a very nice unexpected offer which we took up each evening!
The breakfast buffet is extensive and very good! You will need a walk on the beach after!
Transport into the town is easy and can be arranged at reception. It is a good idea to get a drivers card to take you on mini tours or places of interest. We went to the chocolate factory, the water palace and white sand beach.
Can't wait to go back and highly recommend!

Room Tip: the deluxe beach bungalows are well worth the minimal extra charge
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear WendyDarwin,

Thank you for your nice comments, your kind thoughts is part of our future business, therefore
thanks only is not enough.

We'll be waiting to your next visit to our lovely Hotel

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We got a bungalow. Good size, clean and quiet. The gardens where lovely, it has a semi-private beach, and the swimming pools where great! We only stayed for one night, but made the most of it. We didn't have dinner there. We found the place the night before, and it wasn't that expensive, considering the hotel it is. Ubud hotels are more expensive. I've read complaints about the beach...we had a swim and it was fine. The beach is man-made. Do consider that Candidasa is "by the sea" but has NO beaches.....so I don't really understand the complaints as you should know the area has no beaches, just rocks.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear pixie14Malaga,

Thank you for your nice comments, we do appreciate it very much, your comment is valuable for our future business and will keep trying to deliver the best hospitality to all our guest.

Looking forward to meet you again at our lovely hotel.

With best regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Candidasa
Puri Bagus Candidasa
Puri Santrian
Puri Santrian
#17 of 78 in Sanur
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA

Been to Candi Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!