There is nothing much to do in the Candi Dasa area, if truth be told, but if you ever want to just relax by the coast in Eastern Bali, Rama Candidasa Resort is a nice place to stay and is definitely worth its price - unbelievably cheap.
The rooms are typical but are clean and comfortable enough. You wouldn't want to stay in for most of the day anyway so the superior rooms are more than ok. I would suggest asking for the rooms on the groundfloor, esp if you're not as young anymore.
The facilities are average but they do provide lots of free activities within the resort (hiking, yoga, cooking lessons, snorkeling) on specified days of the week (so you might want to email them to ask about the schedule before you book your stay) and some special activities (for an extra fee: diving, village visits, etc.). It's nothing much but apart from the pool, you can play mini golf at the beachfront and table tennis at the court in the back. I liked the beachfront but the garden was far more relaxing in my experience.
If you're into spa treatments, there's a bunch you can get within the comfort of the resort. A bit pricey, actually, but might be worth trying if you're not really tight with the budget.
The breakfast is quite nice and filling but nothing too exciting. The restaurant's food is delicious and service is good, but you can expect it to be pricey. You can always choose to explore the nearby restaurants - plenty of them east of the resort (nearest one is about 10 minutes walk). If you want a quick, cheaper meal, there is a Warung right infront the resort - which, by the way, serves absolutely fantastic fish and chicken dishes! I highly recommend.
Over-all, I would definitely recommend Rama Candidasa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa is located in the east of Bali, in the heart of the Candidasa district. With private beach frontage and a beach terrace above, the resort offers tranquility, ocean breezes, and a romantic atmosphere for nature lovers. Accommodations are artistically furnished and decorated with contemporary Balinese décor and modern facilities, and secluded balconies offering views over the ocean, pool, or garden.The natural serenity of being set amongst, mountains, rice fields and ocean, that offers the ultimate peace and tranquility. Whether you want shopping, activity ; such as diving, snorkeling and yoga, or just relaxing and daydreaming. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rama Candidasa Resort And Spa
- Rama Candidasa Hotel Candidasa
- Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa Bali