“Super food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greve, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,466 helpful votes
“Super food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

You find the Shinta Restaurant by the lagoon and it is attached to the Rama Shinta hotel. We found the staff extremelyf riendly and they speak good English. The food is not just great value but superb too and itnis situated in peacefully.We went back two more times for dinner and again everything was absolutely well prepared.
We payed about 143.000 for two meat disches and two small beer. You should try their different burger too.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank springbank

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Next Iron Chef or Michelin Star discovered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

As a Rama Shinta Hotel guest I decided to grab dinner here for convenience, thinking "just another 'no-frill' hotel restaurant" - Oh, was I wrong...
Following the polite waitress suggestion I ordered their special, Fish with Coconut Sauce.
When I took my first bite I was so blown away I thought I was falling off my chair. I know my expectation was low but I just could not believe how so-out-of-this-world everything tasted! From the veggies that were cooked to absolute perfection (tender yet so fresh and juicy) to those browned onion pieces on rice, and the Coconut sauce! It was simply to die for - rich & creamy packed with dazzling flavor. This was way better than some fancy big-name 5-star restaurant. As I wondered what famous chef was cooking these magical creations I'd look in the open kitchen to find several modest looking local women working very hard. Needless to say I finished every bite of my dinner (literally scraped Coconut sauce off its bowl) and "Banana Springroll" dessert. The fact the dinner was so amazing kept me anxious for the entire evening

I went back two more times for dinner. I tried Tuna as well as Grouper with different sides, salad, tomato soup (silky & exploding with flavors) and more desserts/juice - and sure enough, everything was absolutely fantastic. I was in Heaven.

On my final evening I was too curious and had to ask them which famous culinary school the chef had attended and what awards she had won, but they must have thought I was teasing. The waitress said the chef studied cooking locally and has been working at different restaurants in Bali, very general answer. Too bad this restaurant is thousands of miles away - otherwise I would be there several times a week. Or better yet, I would hire her as my private chef!!
Who would have thought this small, underrated (practically unknown) restaurant in the hotel proberty has such a brilliant, talented chef, who absolutely deserves recognition and some Michelin Stars.
Thank you so much for the most unforgettable dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank sydneytheturtle
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic high quality food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have dined here three years in a row when visiting Candidasa. The restaurant , called the Shinta Restaurant, is attached to the Rama Shinta hotel, by the lagoon. The staff are extremely friendly and speak good English. The food is superb and great value. The atmosphere is peaceful. Recommended highly,

• Visited March 2014