“Distinct Hotel in Alabang”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I had a great time with my family at the Acacia Hotel. The rooms are impeccable, the interiors are tastefully done, the lobby is very impressive and the buffet, fantastic.

Above all, the service is a cut above the rest. The great Filipino hospitality is echoed by its staff- from the guards, bellboys, attendants, receptionists, etc. etc. They serve weclome drinks upon arrival and probably that's something that maybe only a few hotels do.

By the way, they also serve drinks (at no cost), when you take a dip in their pool. :)

I look forward to another vacation at Acacia...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate J
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! Such glowing reviews serve as motivation for all our associates to be able to provide the best service to all of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Acacia Hotel Manila

Reviewed 6 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding the next day at this hotel. Check in was very quick and efficient, the staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed us for a late check out for free to give us more time to change for the wedding. The breakfast was amazing the best I have ever had at a hotel there was so much choice. The staff round the hotel always greeted you with a smile and hello which I found great and vey professional. The room had very good air conditioning, great comfortable beds and a big bathroom. However I felt a small table and chairs would have been nice to sit down. The area is not the best as you are far from everything and only a few shops nearby. Also when we were to wake the next morning me and my fiancee found bites all over our body we think they were bed bugs from the mattresses this hotel has a lot going for it but if you give customers old mattresses that give you bed bugs you will put off them staying here!!

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room to avoid bites!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamB409

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are particularly glad to hear that you are pleased with our buffet breakfast selection and that our associates have gone the extra mile to make your stay memorable.

We also would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your honest criticism. We will certainly look into the issues that you have experienced and take action where needed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We availed of their Staycation offer through Deal Grocer and it was a steal at Php 3,500. However, being fairly new, there were a few hiccups during our stay which we hope would be sorted out eventually.

The Good:
- We arrived on a Sunday, and a holiday at that, so the lobby was filled with guests checking in. Despite the long lines, the front desk staff were very efficient and we were in our room in less than 10 minutes.

- We stayed on the 8th floor in a Deluxe King room. There was no actual view to boast of but the Samanea outdoor garden was below our room so it wasn't that bad.

- The room itself was very spacious, complete with modern amenities. The bathroom has a separate shower and bath and they were very generous with the toiletries.

- Though we didn't encounter the much raved about pillow menu, we were very delighted with their Dream Bed. We did, however, find the bed to be a bit short as our feet were hanging off the bed at one point while sleeping - and we're not THAT tall.

- The property itself is not as large as you would initially think it is but it's designed very well with high ceilings and glass windows that allow natural light to flow in. We didn't swim but we took a peek at their pool - not very large but it had a great view of the city. Also on the 3rd floor was the Samanea garden, again, not that big but it's a great place to hang out at night.

- Service overall was topnotch - from the bellhops to housekeeping. Everywhere we went we were greeted with warm smiles and genuine friendliness. A shout out to their bellhop Rommel who was very helpful in carting away my bags without my asking.

- We didn't get to try their shuttle service to the nearby malls but the location of the hotel itself permits guests to walk to nearby restaurants and do a little grocery shopping in the supermarket next door.

The Not-so-good:
- They didn't have enough parking spaces for their guests when we arrived. We ended up parking at the next-door supermarket and had to move our car to their basement parking in the afternoon.

- The buffet breakfast was a let-down. The choices were limited, hot items were cold and cold items were room temp, and the offerings overall were just bland. There was also some confusion at the dining area as the tables were being cleared while guests were at the buffet stations and people just sitting wherever they wanted as the hostess wasn't always at her station.

- Checking out was just as fast, however, when we tried to exit their parking area, the security personnel wouldn't let us through as our parking ticket was not validated by the front desk. I had to get back up to their reception area just to get our ticket stamped.

Would I stay here again and recommend my friends to do the same? Definitely. But hopefully they've fine-tuned how they run things by then.

Room Tip: 806 has a view of the Samanea outdoor garden
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessikimmycat

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for the time in creating a review and providing constructive feedback. Such comments are fundamental in order to determine the areas of improvement for our service. Rest assured that we have taken note of this and are taking action in improving our processes and quality of service.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I have always looked forward to holidays and long weekends because these would be the best time for me to spend quality time with my loved ones. Given that, checking out Dealgrocer promos has been a habit of mine. One of the many vacation/wellness/travel purchases I made was that of Acacia Hotel in Alabang, and I can say that they have given us nothing less that satisfaction. I am grateful that Acacia Hotel has contributed to a great experience! It was a HOME to us during the Christmas season.

To start off, the location was strategically chosen. It is surrounded by malls, supermarkets, restaurants, bars,and other establishments that meet the needs and interests of guests. I love it!

The basement parking was well-ventilated. Most basement parking areas I have tried had machines that emitted some sort of unlikely smell, but it was a different case with Acacia. The parking space was also spacious. The staff were really friendly in their approach. They have a special talent in conducting small talks with their guests, which I find unique from other hotels that claim that they are five-star in service. Their skills in interacting are not intimidating. They simply make you feel at home. They also make it a point that you are properly guided and well-assisted in all of your needs.

The ambience of the hotel is already welcoming in itself. It gives you a bright mood because of its being spacious, and the lighting was properly planned. Before going directly to your room, you would really take the time to hang around the lobby first because it is relaxing as if it were your own. They had welcome drinks for guests as well!

The room was clean and well-equipped with the basic things that you need and of course it was complete with all the perks an excellent hotel can give. The lighting inside the room was quite dimmed, but it didn't matter to me because i wanted it to be that way. It calmed me, even. The bathroom was complete with its amenities. Maybe, one thing that can be improved is the shower enclosure because the water goes out to the main flooring of the bathroom. I think that is something doable.

They had a wide variety of food choices in their breakfast buffet. The restaurant is spacious. The lighting is excellent! They made it a point that different palettes would be catered to. Kudos to their chefs, cooks, kitchen staff, and restaurant staff!

Another thing that can be improved is for them to consider to construct another pathway towards the pool. It was just funny that we had to pass through a formal occasion wearing our swim clothes, because it was the only way to get to the pool. There should also be a separate bathroom for guests who are the pool area and for guests in the events area. Anyhow, these are minor areas that the management can work on.

All-in-all, we had a blast in Acacia Hotel, and the best way to convince others to consider it is to express that we would definitely give Acacia another visit. The satisfaction guaranteed to us was outstandingly met. Thank you, Acacia for the experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Franchet Marie B

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! We are pleased to hear that our associates have met your every need during your stay. We also thank you for your feedback and suggestions about some of our facilities. We will certainly look into these issues and take action.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Getting There

Very easy. Take SLEX, exit at Filinvest Alabang (118PHP toll for Class 1 vehicles if coming from C5 entry). Take the first right from the exit, left at Corporate drive and right at Commerce Avenue, you'll see Acacia Hotel immediately.

Upon Arrival

We were told by the attendant outside with the "K9" uniform that it was VALET ONLY, hubby and I HATE valets, we have a great dislike of having other people drive our cars, upon my urging to let it go, hubby handed our keys over and I gave him a big hug, I would later find out from a letter from Acacia (you can read said letter by backtracking through my posts) that valet is NOT mandatory, so why is it that we were told it is? Tip? How much do these valet attendants get paid that they would resort to fooling your guests Acacia? And THAT is the first disappointment for my family.

There were about 2 people ahead of us in line, registering was fast, at 1PM, we were given the first of our 2 rooms (605), because I knew that checkin wasn't normally until 2PM, I smiled and said it was fine and was grateful that they gave the first room early, had I known WHY they did so, I would not have accepted. SECOND disappointment of the stay happened in this interim:

1. NO welcome drink
2. When we got to our room, NO welcome fruit tray
3. NO placard saying welcome home to (name of guest) that I specifically requested for my children's sake.
4. NO orientation on where to go and what to do
5. ONE keycard per room, keycard is used to access the floor you'll be staying in, this means we HAVE to stay together all the time, else we need to wait for a staff member to punch our floor for us.

It was basically, can I have your deposit, here is your keycard, there's the elevator. Seriously, no bell boy was called to assist us (five star hotel? really?)

Room 605

Very comfortable king sized bed for our 3 kids welcomed us, 40 inch LCD TV that was missing channels. Two single seater sofas, a vanity mirror with hotel stationery. Bible in the side table drawer. 6 pillows (plus 2 from the pillow service who shortly knocked on our door). Good sized bathroom with a separate tub and rainfall shower. Toiletries that smelled good and was quite good on our hair and skin.

Here comes the 3RD disappointment:

1. NO bidet in the CR, NO dipper, so when you go number 2 you're supposed to wipe yourself with a tissue before hopping into the shower or tub to complete the waching process? Toilet too far away from tub where there is a shower head that you could possibly use to do so.

2. ONE bath robe for a room good for 2, sure we can ask for another one and housekeeping will get it over fast but WHY SHOULD WE NEED TO ASK? Do the management not have the COMMON SENSE to know 2 people will need 2 robes?

Other disappointments already mentioned above under "upon arrival"

Pool/Gym

The kiddie pool was very small, just because "kids" are the only ones who stay there does not mean they do not deserve a bigger play area in my opinion. The adult pool looks more like a lap pool it's about 5 feet, no shallow end except for the part where the stairs are. The water is dirty and reeking of chlorine to offset the dirt. My children complained of having their eyes hurt almost instantly as opposed to ALL other pools we've been to where they could dive for hours before their eyes get irritated.

Complimentary iced tea awaits, towels can be requested from the bar, attendants are alert as one of the children looked to be hurt and 2 of them assisted straight away. The only thing that bothered us was one attendant who kept on sneezing and wiping his hands on his pants then serving iced tea, we asked our kids not to drink those after seeing that.

Gym looks well equipped and has a good view of an outdoor dining area.

Room 607

After 4 follow ups, we FINALLY got our second room at around 4:30PM. Hubby and I chose not to complain, we understood that the guests in the room were the ones who were inconsiderate enough to over stay BUT THEN AGAIN, this is a SUPPOSED five star hotel, surely they SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO COMPENSATE instead of just looking sorry (never said sorry though except in the email I received).

This time, there was NO ROBE in the room at all! Wow Acacia, you really are stepping up when  it comes to mistakes! Anyway, we had a double door adjoining room access which is a GOOD thing (finally) as I requested for this as well in advance.

Once again, NO welcome fruit tray but atleast they FINALLY gave the placard I asked for. They do have a well stocked minibar.

Shuttle Service

New vehicle, efficient, on time. This was the first thing I smiled about in Acacia, kudos! We asked them to drive us to Alabang Town Center where they dropped us off at Jamba Juice and was picked up at the same location.

Buffet Breakfast

We had to pay for our 10 year old as she is a fifth person. My kids love bacon and immediately looked for that when we got to the coffee shop where they serve breakfast. As soon as they tasted the bacon, they swallowed whatever was in their mouth and asked us to take off the rest, what a disappointment to have a favorite breakfast item massacred. we all had 1 plate each then fruits and cereal/taho as nothing else appealed to all of us.

Internet Service

Free, to access it you need to connect to "Acacia Hotels" network then it will ask for your room number and last name, easy enough, up to 3 devices can be connected per room from our experience.

Wifi - strong in the lobby but TERRIBLE in the room, my eldest daughter and I resorted to sitting by the door to get any kind of signal so I can check my emails and she can tweet and facebook.

Lan - my request for a lan cable was granted right away but it was still soooo slow. I have never been to a hotel with such a crappy internet until Acacia came along.

Staff

The staff at the lobby especially Apple and Michelle were very nice with sincere smiles on their faces.

Everyone was nice enough, the problem is that they all seem poorly trained.

You need to ASK for what you need because no one anticipates it for you as a TRUE FIVE STAR hotel does.

Over All

3/5 - I have been to many 5 star hotels around the world and this is the first hotel that did not make me feel cared for. The first five star hotel to make me say - I WILL NEVER EVER GO BACK.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Janadoodles

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us. Thank you as well for your constructive feedback. Such comments are fundamental in order to determine the areas of improvement for our service.

Rest assured that we have taken steps to improve our services and facilities. We hope to be given another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Another business trip that require to stay for 4 nights. The hotel arrangement for pick up transfer to hotel is good. I like the 1st sight on the building. Is just give u a feelings of spacious. Breakfast are in it's class. Rooms are great. Walking distance to shop for most of the need n also souvenir, great food in the mall too, I highly recommend 'the rack'.
One more thing, if Your birthday is on Oct, u might like to dine in the hotel, u will have some little surprise as the hotel will celebrate its opening at every Oct. perhaps something to cheer your partner up who birthday is on Oct.
Our office is just 2 buildings from this hotel, is just convenient for us to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FooHoe

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We are glad to hear that your stay with us has been a pleasant one. We also take pride in our location as it is near a number of establishments that cater to different interests.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Went there to eat. Food selection a la carte is limited. Fruits and veggie shakes are welcoming, tastes good. Ordered salmon salad, hainanese chicken, which both tasted ordinary and lacks the oomph factor expected in a hotel resto. A fly kept flying over our table, staff was informed about it but the fly kept coming back after it was shooed away. The elevator was confusing, the comfort rooms were far from the but there were staff available to point us where we are to go.

The staff and waiters are cheerful, friendly and helpful. It's got a bright ambiance and has a modern interior. The patterns used for the seats and carpet are kinda distracting though (personal opinion).

The hotel staff should remind its guest to have their tickets validated in order to avail of the free parking. (or better if the hotel should offer free parking without ticket validation).We were initially charged for parking just because our tickets were not validated. I had to argue my way out just for that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BabyNowALady
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking time to submit this review. We appreciate the points that you have raised and we will definitely take actions to correct these.

We hope for the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Once more, thank you very much.

We wish you a prosperous 2013.