“very good service”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The service in this hotel was very good from airport transport to room service. The room was huge and bed comfortable.

The food selection for breakfast was amazing - the only drawback was that there was a queue and I was told that I could have breakfast on the ground floor as well but then there was nobody to serve the food at the time.

I also suggest that the hotel would check how the inquiries work on the hotel website. I didn't get any answers for my messages until I realized that they also have a facebook page through which I got the reply immediately.

All in all, I recommend this hotel for people travelling to/from Manila. It's not very far from the airport and the airport pickup is really nice for someone travelling to the Philippines for the first time!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Warmest greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for this lovely review. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Philippines and to offer you the best service possible. Acacia Hotel Manila is a 100% Filipino brand and one of our goals is to show our guests the how incredibly hospitable Filipinos are in nature. We are happy that we were able to show this to you during your stay.

Rest assured that we will look in to our hotel website and the miscommunication with regards to breakfast. We apologize for the inconvenience that these have caused.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I'm giving a four because the hotel is
1) new, so it's expected to be clean
2) the bed is nice.

I'm not giving a five because
1) we had to queue for more than 30mins to get a seat for breakfast
2) checkout is so slow staff don't seem to mind long queue
3) small pool

1  Thank HappyMumbie

Dear Madame,

Warmest greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for taking time to post this review. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. The hotel is rapidly improving the seating system for our buffet breakfast to avoid long cues. The same is being done for our check-in and check-out procedures. We assure you that this has already improved.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Acacia. We do hope this will not be the last time we serve you as we would like you to see the improvements that had taken place.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Although the location is a little faraway from Manila. Once you arrive there, you don't want to go back to Manila. Because the Acacia located in prestigious area of Alabang which is 15 minute drive from Makati. Once you enter the lobby, you will be impressed by modern look and cleanness.
Staff are very polite and courteous. The rooms are very clean and elegant, shower is big and available with all its amenities. Very generous breakfast, with all kinds of food for local test and for all visitors. Only thing I didn't like about the hotel lobby is the dinning area where they serve alcohol and food. I ordered Angus burger and after 20 minutes, they brought my food. The french fries was soaked in cooking oil, its like they dip the french fries in the cold cooking oil and served it. I wasn't pleased with the order, so I ordered another french fries and they brought another plate of french fries, it was soaked in the oil. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be rude and displease staff member. A 5 star hotel should provide a 5 star food for their guests, I was very disappointed, They need to improve their food quality. !!
GYM is very small and the pool is small.

Overall, staying in the hotel was awesome. I would stay again if I come back to Manila..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate the hotel's location, lobby and the staff among others. Thank you for sharing with us as well your food experience. This has been brought up already to our Executive Chef. We are creating a new lobby menu and we hope that you can try it on your next visit.

Our sincerest thank you for the time and effort you put in submitting this review. This has been very helpful for us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We checked in to spend New Year's eve 2013 and the hotel was bustling with activity. One gets the feel of being in an airport check-in area. My first impression was that the hotel had the basic amenities and functionality. The hotel staff were very busy but still managed to smile and greet the guests. By the way one bellboy walked it was obvious that h e was already so tired but still he managed to smile. Props to the very courteous staff.

The room was pleasantly simple but comfortable with all the amenities: bath tub, separate shower cubicle, toilet, towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razor and shaving cream, shampoo. What I missed was the bidet. There is a 40-inch TV and to our surprise, a separate box of ports for VGA, HDMI, audio, etc. If you have your favourite movie in your computer, with the right cables, you could plug it in and watch your movie in a 40-inch TV. Since we were not able to bring one, we asked the front desk and we were able to borrow a VGA cable. But better bring one.

The bed was very comfortable. We could sleep the whole day in it.

The hotel breakfast buffet was good, with a lot of selections of deliciously cooked food. Across the street are Army and Navy, Maple, and Mona Lisa (an excellent Italian restaurant which I would review later). A few meters walk is ATC and Festival Mall.

There is a small pool and gym and one could jog around the tree-lined streets.

The only problem then was that the basement parking was already full. I had to park at a parking area across the street. The staff also offered valet parking service, but I declined it because it is a hassle asking for your car then returning it whenever we plan to use it.

Our overall experience was great. It is a perfect place for a stay cation if one is expecting a relaxing stay with simple pleasures (nothing fancy)

Room Tip: The hotel has a 360 degree view. We saw the fireworks all around the metro. Just choose which persp...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Happy New Year from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for welcoming 2014 at Acacia. We are grateful for the time you put to share your experience. It is nice to hear that your overall stay with us was pleasurable. The hotel is working on improving its amenities, activities and services to better serve guests. We hope that this will not be the last time you will visit Acacia as we hope to delight you with more and better "simple pleasures" on your next staycation.

Again, our deepest thanks for choosing Acacia on a special day.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hotel staff are sincerely warm and friendly, beyond the standard "Good morning Ma'am/Sir". Very welcoming and proactive attend to hotel guests' needs. They have courtesy phone calls just to make sure our stay was comfortable.

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy that our kind of service was to your satisfaction. You can be assured to expect the same level of service and even better on your next visit.

We sincerely hope this will not be the last time we serve you. Thank you for your time in sharing your experience. We shall await your next visit.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Checked in for the first time in Acacia two days ago for my birthday, after reading such wonderful reviews here in Trip Advisor. However my stay wasn't as memorable as some of the others. For one, there was no pillow concierge -- not only was I not asked which pillow I preferred, but 50% of the pillows on the bed were already worn out. Next, I did not get a greeting for my birthday, even a simple one from the Customer Experience lady who checked me in (Andrea), after I presented my ID's during check in, and after telling her later on that it was my birthday that day and I asked if i needed to make reservations for dinner. The promo I availed, which is Ho Ho Holidays, claimed that there was a special Christmas token for us, but I went home empty handed. Also, the "all smiles" staff apparently did not apply during the busy season because I can tell you now, they were not all smiles when they were swamped. The spread for the buffet wasn't bad, but it could have been so much better. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and during breakfast buffets, coffees are usually served, thus I asked one of the waiters and I was told to get at the side table where it was. However when I got there, the coffee machine was busted and I had to wait for them to get some sort of espresso machine as a "replacement". The bacon, which I only eat during breakfast buffets, were burnt to a crisp. When I waited for a new batch, still burnt. Decided to skip it altogether. Lastly, my friends brought a Birthday Cake (from Estrel's - yum!) to my room and when I requested forks and plates, it took them 1 -1.5 hours to bring it to the room. I am not kidding. We were busy talking and catching up and didn't realize that the plates still weren't there and when I followed up, they merely apologized and said that it they will bring it up in a few minutes.I'll probably give Acacia one more try and hopefully they can redeem themselves and give me a better experience.

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for coming forward with your experience at the hotel. We are deeply sorry that we failed to serve you well. The series of inconveniences that took place were not our intentions. Consistency in delivering the best service every day is much important to us. Our Training Department shall conduct re-training to all our associates on how to manage guests better during busy days.

We appreciate you giving us another chance and we assure you that your next visit will only be better. We definitely look forward to this day.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed just before New Years 2013 - a lot of other guests had the same idea. Good food at both the breakfast and lunch buffets. Room was clean, and the bed was as comfortable as advertised.

A plus was the great running grounds around Filinvest - there's an easy 5 mile route for those who want to put in a workout before hitting the buffet tables.

We will be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Happy New Year from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Acacia during the holidays. We are delighted to hear about your stay and that you enjoyed our facilities and amenities. The surrounding area is steadily developing with more commercial establishments and at the same time as a sanctuary for those who enjoy outdoor sports such as running and biking. This is definitely a plus factor for our guests.

We hope you can visit us again. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.