“Pretty new and can still work on their service”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Manila, Philippines
“Pretty new and can still work on their service”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Attended a wedding here and decided to book an overnight stay using an online coupon site.

We checked in at exactly 2pm and at that time, there were only 2 counters available for check in. I only had one guy ahead of me but I was still standing in line for a good 15 minutes. Nobody paid me any mind while I was standing in line there. The actual check in process was pretty quick but the lady who checked me in failed to give me a list or explanation of available facilities. She just gave me my room number and key. I had to ask her about the shuttle service because I heard it being explained by the other person in the counter next to me. No explanations regarding the pool or other amenities as well. Our bags, which were brought inside by a bellboy were also just left there after checking in. No tags. We weren't sure if we should bring them up ourselves or what. Thankfully when we started to pick up our bags, someone came over to ask if they could assist, but still, it should be part of the check in process for the person at the counter to make sure luggage is handled properly. At the elevator, someone was also nice enough to show us to our room and explain the amenities etc.

The room itself is nice and spacious. Bathroom had a bathtub and a shower. The view was pretty great though. I suggest that people get a room with a view facing Westgate.

The hotel is relatively new so not much facilities. There is a pool and a jacuzzi on the third floor but it's pretty small. People don't seem to want to listen to the pool attendant when they say that the jacuzzi is for adults only. Also, at the time that we used the pool, they ran out of towels and it took a really long time for the guy to get some (we couldn't wait for him any longer so we had to share a towel). Kudos though to the pool attendant we had Saturday afternoon as he was so attentive and really helped us out by explaining where kids could swim etc. There's a gym but it's pretty small and it seems like it's a temporary set up. There's also a bar on the 16th floor which closes at 12am. Also seems like a temporary set up. The server was super nice but minus points because we came in and sat there for like 10 minutes without anyone taking our order.

Breakfast buffet was ok. They could honestly do with a more spacious area to do the buffet though.

The best part of the place would be the uber friendly staff (well apart from an exceptional few, mostly everyone was extremely helpful and friendly) and the proximity to places within the Alabang area. They even provide a free shuttle service if you want to go around Alabang. This isn't just for pick up to and from the hotel, you can also call them for pick up from one place to another, as long as it's within Alabang. The only downside to this is that if the hotel is particularly busy (as it was in the weekend that we stayed in), the wait for the car could be 30 minutes or more. Better schedule your shuttle rides if you will be staying on a busy weekend. Oh and the person handling calls for the shuttle should be more efficient in figuring out how long a person has to wait for the shuttle and finding out what the exact status of the shuttle is. I had to call several times because the person couldn't give me exact information on the status or ETA.

For those who are not familiar with the South, it's a good home base to explore the surrounding areas. Hotel can be great if they can iron out their processes and improve on the facilities. I wouldn't recommend the hotel if you plan on just staying in the hotel and using the facilities, but for those who would want to stay in a pretty nice room and be out in the morning, it's worth it.

1 Thank Reg E
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 25 February 2014

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience. We are happy to know that somehow you still enjoyed your stay with us in spite of some service lapses. We shall be discussing each points that you have raised and establish the necessary re-training and improvements to ensure these do not happen again.

We appreciate your effort in submitting this very detailed review. The hotel is on its second year of operation and we are continuously working on enhancements to offer guests the best service and amenities possible.

We hope to welcome you back and providing you a much better experience.

Once again, thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our family wanted to try something different so we decided to try Acacia Hotel. As we arrived we were welcomed by smiles by their staff. After checking in one staff even accompanied us up to our room. The room is quite big and the bed is just perfect and really comfortable. But, due to the big space it needed more furnishings like a Sofa or like a day bed to keep it complete, though it's just a minor concern. Bathroom's quite small maybe when they do some renovations in the future they can cosider reducing the extra room space and give it to the bathroom instead. Heard slight noises from the outside due to some parties going on in the hotel ballroom but I guess thats the tradeoff of getting a corner room. Pool is small and average and quite cold when we tried it but they had a jacuzzi as an alternative which the water was warm enough. Requested for a later check out but was declined, bummer. we were told they were fully booked that could have gotten them a higher rating. But, what really made our stay very pleasant is the service the hotel staffs provided. They were very warm. Like in the pool they even provided unlimited ice tea and mind you its no the typical Nestea that you are used to it's actually house blended. Kudos keep this up!!! It seems a small thing but, really make you different from the rest. With regards to their shuttle service we were told its open 24hrs although we didn't use it that late. But, we were surprised that even if we requested to go to 2 different destinations for as long as its within alabang it was ok. Special thanks to Cezar our driver who really took good care of us. Just felt we had an own driver driving us around and that to us is a definite plus. Overall, we just felt very taken cared for in this hotel. Will surely be back. Thanks Acacia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for taking time to write this review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken note of your comments about additional furniture in the guestroom and the swimming pool. These shall be taken up in our daily meeting. Likewise, thank you very much for commending our staff. They are indeed our greatest asset and one important reason that guests enjoy their stay.

We hope that you will find another reason to come back to Acacia Hotel Manila. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I decided to spend Valentine's day with my wife and kids in Acacia Hotel's self-proclaimed Filipino five-star hotel. Hoping for such five-star service, I booked the Acacia suite, which was a combination of their Presidential and Bridal suites. This is their best suite in the hotel and believe me, it was expensive.

When we arrived, the staff were friendly, we were checked in quickly and our luggage arrived promptly. Looking good so far. We then changed to our swimming gear and went to their pool area.

The pool was fine. The kids enjoyed it well enough. The pool guy was very helpful and provided excellent service. We had snacks and stayed until sundown.

So far so good.

Once we were settled in the room we ordered room service for dinner. We decided not to compete with the Valentine crowd and why should we? Our suite had a dining area we can relax in and enjoy.

The food arrived promptly, despite having to compete with the Valentine's day crowd downstairs. We noticed the tenderloin was cooked well-done (we requested medium) and the cut was disappointing. It looked like it was hacked prior to cooking. Luckily, the waiter noticed this and offered to replace it free of charge. It later arrived and was cooked to our specifications. Way better presentation wise and in taste.

When it was time to sleep, we retired to our room where we heard a loud rattling from the air conditioning vents. Maintenance arrived and were unable to fix it. We will have to bear the noise for the entire night.

The manager soon arrived and offered to find us a new room. I told him it was late, we were already settled in and the kids were already trying to sleep. Moving will only worsen our experience. He later offered a discount to the room rate.

It was a good gesture but it won't help my family sleep any better that night.

So here I am telling the reader that the Acacia Hotel in Muntinlupa is far from a Filipino five-star hotel. Maybe a three. The staff is wonderful but their best room, the Acacia Suite (particularly the Presidential suite) is terrible.

When in Alabang, consider the Bellevue or the Crimson hotel if you would like a peaceful night's sleep.

3 Thank MGSamson
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Mr. Samson,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We would like to express our sincerest apologies for failing to deliver a better service during your stay. It is with deepest regrets that we were unable to resolve the problem immediately. Our Engineering team is already on top of this to ensure that future guests at the Acacia Suite will not experience the same thing. As for the food, our Executive Chef is investigating why such quality was served to your family.

Thank you very much for choosing Acacia Hotel Manila on a special day and for appreciating the efforts of our staff. Our full intention was to give you the best stay possible and to be true to our word of being a five star Filipino hotel. We hope that somehow we may welcome you back and show you a better experience.

Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 nights for my birthday last September and I am very glad we did!! We had one of the best staycations ever! We arrived a little early than the check-in time (about 30 minutes). Sadly, their people at the lobby were all busy at the time and they just told us to go sit somewhere. It was our first time in this hotel and we didn't know where to wait. There were people setting up for some shoot (i think there was a wedding about to go on that day) so most of the tables near the reception area were being used. We didn't want to go too far since we were afraid we might miss their call once our room is available. Anyway, it would have been nice if someone had assisted us or pointed us where to go considering we had 1 luggage, and 2 big bags with us at the time.
Fortunately for me, that was the only not-so-great moment I had with Acacia. Everything from then on was great! We checked-in and went up to our room (again, no assistance despite our bags but it was okay, we were too eager to see our room anyway.) Our room was fantastic! It was spacious and we had a great view of the pool (4 floors down).
Let me start with the bed. The bed is amazing! Best bed I ever slept on. It was so soft and big! The duvet cover and comforter was very cozy but wasnt very heavy. The pillows were big plus they offered us extra pillows on our first night. The mini-bar was decently stocked and there were complimentary water, tea, and coffee (instant) which they restock daily. I just wish they gave us more than 2 bottles of bottles water - 2 for drinking and another 2 for the tea and coffee (they provide electric kettle in every room). The bathroom was also spacious. I loves the full glass partition of the shower area from the toilet and bathtub. The only improvement I can think of is for them to install a bidet on the toilet. And oh, better exhaust system. We got a smoking room, we didn't smoke much just 2 sticks before we slept but we woke up with the room still smelling like smoke. Even the hallways smell of cigarette smoke when we stepped out of the room. The TV was great with lots of channels to choose from.

On our first night, some knocked and offered us extra pillows then a few hours later, someone came again to wish me a happy birthday and gave me a cake with a message on it!! I think it was very thoughtful of the hotel to do that.:) They were also very accommodating when I called several times that night for some requests (room service menu, safety pin, additional water, etc..)

The next day we went woke up at around 7am and went down to Acaci to have breakfast. The buffet spread was good and we had lots of options to choose from. The food was great and the staff attentive. They immediately asked what we want for drinks and if we want to sit by the window.:)
After breakfast we asked if we can use their shuttle service to take us to ATC and was promptly assisted and we were also picked up after we were done. The location of this hotel being so near to a lot of commercial establishments is very convenient. You can easily go to Festival Mall or ATC to watch a movie or eat out. You can also just call any of the restaurants who offer delivery and your food will be delivered to your hotel room.
I was kinda expecting that our room will be made up by the time we get back from the mall (we left at around 10 and came back at 3pm) but when we entered the room, it was still the same as we left it. I dont really mind it since I'm a little OC myself so I cleaned up a bit before we left, but it would have been nice coming back into the room with the dishes cleared and our mini-bar restocked. We had to call the reception to get someone into our room.

Unfortunately, we were not able to use the pool or the jacuzzi since we left our swimming attire at home. I requested for in-room massage and a masseurs came after 30 minutes. I don't recall the exact amount the massage cost but I think it was over 1.4k for 2 hours, not bad.

Overall, our stay was very pleasant. We were able to relax and enjoy just staying in our room most of the time. Thank you Acacia! This hotel is certainly on my list of possible honeymoon hotels after my wedding in March.;)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsjpam
acaciahotelmanila, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Madame,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate that you have chosen Acacia on such a special day. Our services and amenities were all created to provide guests with the best possible stay forever. We also make it a point to add small touches to make your stay even more memorable. We are happy that all these resulted to a great staycation.

Allow us to apologize for the lack of service at the beginning. We will definitely take this up with our Associates.

We hope to welcome you back on another special occasion. Thank you very much.

Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsjpam
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The room was well-designed and comfortable, and the staff was helpful. Their location is also very good, as the hotel is within walking distance of places to eat and shop. Their toiletries such as shower gel and lotion were nice. Their towels were fluffy and soft, but they didn't have robes. Their breakfast buffet has a large array of hot viands, fruits, and pastries.

However, the rooms were not well-soundproofed. Our room was facing the pool, and there seemed to be children on our floor and on the floor above. We could hear them running around or crying at all hours of the day and night. There was a lady in the room next to us shouting and arguing with someone at around 8AM, and we could hear her quite clearly. In hindsight, we should have asked for a change in rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the pool/amenities.