“Bad experience”

Acacia Hotel Manila
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Accommodation was fine, food was great if you are Filipino, but the way the hotel treats it's staff is very third world. Over all, the general staff were very polite and accommodating. The management of this hotel is very questionable. I wanted to go out for a quiet drink one night, and asked one of the security staff to escort me after work. We went out for a few drinks, then went our separate ways. I did not see him for a few days, then I received a sms message from this person stating that he had lost his job, all because he came with me for a few quiet drinks. I do not know the area and not sure of the safety, so this is the reason why I asked him to come.
I was furious. This guy has 4 children and just like that, some single minded person made a decision to take his job.
The following day, I called the hotel. They said the head of security would call me at 2pm. No call. At 4pm, I called again, and finaly got put through to this person. He was very polite, but there was also arrogance in his voice. I told him to drop the act and tell me the story. He said, the reason he lost his job was because if a guest needs company, he always arranges a girl to go with them. Damn it. I was shocked. I didnt want so called female company. How dare he. Due to this situation, I will never stay in that hotel again, and I will also refer my many business partners from Australia not to stay there. Not until they start treating the staff like humans. This "head of security" could not even get a job in Australian cleaning toilets. How dare he. My wife was in the room and this person tells me that he is the one who arranges a girl. Of course, this is because he is getting a kick back from this action.
If you are decent people, who think that all humans are the same and equal, no matter the race of skin colour, then do not stay at this hotel, not until they learn a lesson in customer service and the working rights of staff. This guy lost his job, for accommodating the request of a guest. He has 4 children and no means of supporting them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BryonJonave H
marla m, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for coming forward with your experience at the hotel and for sharing your thoughts. We deeply appreciate your concern. We assure you that we are treating this with importance. Further investigation will be done and this shall be discussed with Top Management.

Acacia Hotel Manila has always taken care of all its employees as they are the true stars in any kind of business. Happy employees will always equate to happy customers and this is something we strongly believe in.

Again, thank you very much.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We were welcomed very well. Room was spacious with lovely view. Enough buttons and gidgets to play with. Bathrobes and slippers of course. And free water. Bathroom had shower and bathtub. Thick carpet on the floor. Everything very clean and luxurious. The outdoor pool was our fav place, with a good view. 5 minutes after we got to the room, reception called us and asked are we happy with everything and can they assist us in something. We asked that we would like to go shopping. The car waited in front of the hotel and took us to the shopiing mall, which was megahuge. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Its far from the aiprort, but if you want unwind and pamering then this is the place.

Room Tip: Upper floors would have better view:)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
marla m, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Madame,

Warm greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

It is a pleasure to read about your stay. We are extremely happy that you very much enjoyed being at Acacia Hotel Manila. We are approximately 20 to 30 minutes away from the airport but our location is recommended for leisure and relaxing stays. Malls, restaurants and establishment are continuously opening within the area. Expect better service and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We loved it at the Acacia: very nice rooms, friendly staff and delicious breakfast.

The area is clean and safe. We appreciated the well functioning shuttle service within the Filinvest area.

Definitely recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CSTZug_Switzerland

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for your kind words and for recommending us. We appreciate your time in submitting this review. We are continuously creating amenities for the convenience and enjoyment of our guests. We hope to be your home away from home on your next visit.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited the hotel with my family for the Christmas Holiday. Lovely gingerbread house decor at the lobby and the huge Christmas tree that fronts when you enter the lobby or the hotel door entrance. Wonderful Ms. Santa Claus going around the hotel for the Holidays.

Love the lobby that serves desserts and snacks for light conversation. Parking is easily available for quick meet-ups or meetings or even for breakfast buffet meals meetings. Or for others, overnight stays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kbhernandez

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for visiting the hotel. We appreciate your time in sharing your comments. We hope that you can visit us again so that you may further experience our services and amenities.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights twice in 6 months. I love nearly everything about this hotel. Rooms are spacious, linens white and clean. I love their rainshower and tub of course. Bathroom is spacious too. I was able to sleep well and rest despite my hectic activities during the day. I enjoyed our
buffet breakfast and it could be the main reason for me to come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank budgetarian

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. This is highly-appreciated as these are valuable for the hotel's growth and improvement. It is our utmost pleasure to have you as our guests and we hope this won't be the last. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Pleased on the staff, service and most of all, its modern lobby. There are bands during weekend. The rooms are just enough for a couple and 2 kids. Food tastes good. Filipino brand on its finest! 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank elrobeliza
marla m, Public Relations Manager at Acacia Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for your kind praises and appreciating the hotel. We are grateful for your choice and much happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working on more innovations to make Acacia a leading Filipino hotel brand.

We hope to be of service once more. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I been to different hotel but what struck me most in this hotel is their courteous staff from front office to the pool attendant. The staff address my concerns efficiently. Thank you MJ, REY and Roldan for assisting us yesterday. By the way you should also try their lunch buffet its sumptuous

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jayannferrer

Dear Sir/Madame,

Greetings from Acacia Hotel Manila!

Thank you very much for this very nice review. We are extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to meet all your needs. We have shared this good news to the Associates you have mentioned and they would like to express their gratitude as well.

We appreciate your time in submitting this review and we hope to welcome you back soon.