“Great Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Portland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently when I was on a business trip. It is a great place, very convenient location for us. The hotel itself was very nice and the restaurants were good. Will recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 October 2013

It was weekend full of lay over Cathay Pacific passengers due to the bad weather in Manila. Even if there were long lines in the lobby, the receptionists were very efficient in handling our booking. We already made reservations through email and check-in was a breeze.

We stayed at the new Tower Wing and our room was big and had enough space for 2-3 more adults. We were just a family of three (with a little toddler) so the room seemed big for us. But I could not complain. My daughter had a large area to run and play. The bathroom was also huge - good bath tub size and the rain shower was perfect for big sized adults. One thing I noticed though was one of the toothbrush box had no toothbrush in it. The cleaning lady might have forgotten to check. The bed and pillows were very comfortable - again, huge for the three of us. But we had a difficult time adjusting the room temperature as the remote was not made for the lay man.

Buffet breakfast was superb at Cafe d' Asie - it did not scrimp on variety and quality. My daughter enjoyed the potato wedges, yogurt, rice puddings and eggs. The adults enjoyed the dried fish and pan fried fish as well. Also, worth noting is the abundant food choices outside the hotel (fast food), should some families wish to eat outside the comforts of the hotel.

As for the swimming pool - my only complaint would be it did not have a heater. I know of some hotels that provide pool heaters especially for outdoor pools since there are times when the weather in the Philippines can be temperamental. Of course, the cold weather did not stop my daughter from enjoying the water.

May I suggest a play area for kids? Even just a small room with toys or swings would be great for families =)

Overall, I was really impressed with The Bellevue! If I get another chance, I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: I hear that the Tower Wing has better rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, although little away from Manila city but well connected via skyway. Friendly staff, restaurants and shops at reasonable distance.
We also had booked a meeting hall for about 40 people, it was organised well by hotel staff.
Food quality was good and cant be better for that price

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Bellevue was one of the best hotels I have ever had the privallage to stay in. The hotel staff were the best, always smiling and ready to assist. To be quite honest the Bellevue staff spoiled me. Housekeeping attendant Dennis was so wonderful, he was super polite and did such a great job keeping my room looking sharp and would treat me by making towel pets, which totaly made my day!!! Then I would see Eugene who always had somthing pleasent to say!!! I can not say enough good things about The Bellevue!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK. I would reccomend your hotel to anyone who asks and I would love to stay again!

Room Tip: I had a corner room and loved it!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First let me say I rarely write reviews on the places I have stayed, however, my experience at the Bellevue Manila has prompted me to do so this time. I have stayed at the Bellevue several times over the past 6 months. After my first visit I knew there was no question as to where I would be staying every time I was back in the area. The Bellevue staff is extremely focused on attention to detail and providing outstanding customer service. Every single experience I have had there has been top notch, from the time you walk through the doors of this beautiful hotel, throughout the check in process and entering your room, you are treated like royalty. I can't say enough about the entire staff and want to specifically call out the signature club experience. The business center in the signature club is fantastic as is the fitness center and lounge area. Chef Sam and Chef Sherwin do a great job with the food and the entire signature club staff are truly amazing. They made me feel right at home from the first time I set foot on the property. Roland and his team set a new bar for customer service. There was never a time when I needed something where the staff didn't go out of there way to take care of me. Beautiful hotel, awesome food, fantastic customer service and some of the nicest people you would meet anywhere in the world...just doesn't get better than that! There is no question where I will stay when I am in the Manila area...even if you are not in Alabang, it's worth any extra drive to get there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the hotel. Overall experience was great. No complains throughout the stay.

Services - Had arranged airport pickup, service staff has good attitude. Speedy check in. No language problem for English speaking guest.
Breakfast - Excellent view at the club lounge. Staff can remember your name after telling them once.
Room - Modern feel and has good view over manila
Location - Not centralize, takes at least 45 mins to travel to city center
Nearby - 1 min walking distance to fast food, cafe and restaurant
Shutter Service - free shutter to and fro to shopping mall. Very convenient.

Room Tip: Stay at a new wing for a better experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went here for a wedding and loved the free underground parking. The establishment is new and looks modern. Its one of those high rise "space is precious" vertical layouts when there is nothing around but open land. Hmmm, ok.
Room was comfortable and adequate, and again in line with the "real estate is precious" theme, the rooms were on the squishy side.

Ball room space is nice and expansive.
Management decided to add an extra "zero" on my check out charging my one night stay over US $2000 dollars. They argued that it was MY fault for 10 days before they fixed the error and I was out of $2000. My bank intervened and I got my money back but the management is unpleasant to deal with. Example:
Also, awkwardly.... I'm in my room and I order room service and they bring it up. They leave but then 20 min later there is a knock on my door. They don't believe the person in my own room is ME!?? They make me RESIGN their own account once again to make sure my signature is the one they have on file downstairs. Incredible. Its not like I was downstairs in their dining hall or whatever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SonicSpringBok
Roland G, Manager at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear SonicSpringBok,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback. We are very much concerned to read about your review on your stay at The Bellevue Manila which we find contradicting when it comes to our hotel’s location, currency that we are using in our room rates and social event schedule in our Ballroom. We want to point out that our hotel is almost surrounded by mid-rise business buildings and several buildings under construction. Based on our record, we don’t have any wedding event from the previous month until October 10, 2013. Also, we are charging our room accommodation in Philippine currency as well as the other facilities in our hotel such as the restaurants, bar and spa. We have also carefully checked our records in our Accounting and we have no records of any discrepancy of an erroneous charge to a credit card.

Based on the above facts, we are very much sure that you may have stayed in another hotel in the Philippines. If you would like to further discuss, please feel free to call our Resident Manager at 632-771-8181. You may also opt to send us a private message through tbmnl@thebellevue.com.

The Bellevue Management