“Great rooms, mixed grades on service and food”

The Bellevue Manila
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Munich
“Great rooms, mixed grades on service and food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Bellevue may be billed as a five- star hotel, but it falls far short in some areas. The first service impression any hotel gets to make is at check-in. In this regard, the hotel deserves no stars at all. The clerks were professional in their demeanor but terribly slow to check guests in. The only thing which can explain why they consistently needed 10 to 15 minutes PER GUEST to accomplish a check- in is some byzantine system which completely prevents any hope of efficiency. After waiting 20 min to check in (behind a single person!) and then 12 min for my own check- in. When I went down to meet them to head out, my other two colleagues were still in the lobby waiting to check in 25 min later.
My room (1124, a corner mini- suite in the Tower side of the hotel) was terrific. Up- to- date, good lighting, interesting layout, good wi-fi connectivity. The bed was comfy, it was totally quiet, the linens and amenities were all five- star the upkeep was perfect and the room was kept spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was in the former lobby of the old main entrance – and obviously a temporary set-up while the real breakfast spot is renovated. That’s no issue for me. But the food was average at best, about what I would expect at a cheap tourist hotel in Manila – nowhere near a five-star hotel standard.
One evening a colleague and I went up to the 22nd floor bar for a late dinner. There was a fantastic band doing a mix of pop and salsa. Even though we had been dog- tired, we stayed until the band played their last. The waiter there was also excellent. Our pizza was good, and the beers served quickly.
Service was very good overall, long waiting times at the lobby aside, and the staff were very helpful in general.
Checkout took 30 minutes + elevator delays. Although we had received permission at check-in time to get a 3pm checkout, the room keys no longer worked when we returned to the hotel at 2pm. That took 25 minutes to sort out. Our individual checkout times were only about five minutes each but again, a single person in front of us took 25 minutes to check in. The other check- in counters were going no faster. Then, when our ride to the airport did not show up, we booked a hotel cab – and had to stand in line for another 20 min to just pay the invoice. All in all for this visit we wasted a total six person- hours for items which ought to have been accomplished in 30 min total. This is way beyond reason, and I am not trying to put a German service standard on the normally relaxed concept of “Filipino Time.”

1 Thank MunichEricJ
Roland G, Manager at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear MunichEricJ,

We appreciate you sharing all the details in your review about your experience at The Bellevue Manila. We are glad to hear that you like our room at the Tower Wing and the excellent service at the Vue Bar but we are saddened to hear about the long wait that you have experienced during check-in and check-out at the Reception and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that we might have caused.

I have shared your review not only to our management team but to all our staff, and please be assured that it will all be addressed because this is not the level of service that we strive for at The Bellevue Manila. And we hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Roland Galano
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for almost a week for business travel. The room is good, internet (wireless) is working reasonably well although bandwidth is limited/slowish until after midnight.
Staff is friendly and very helpful in organizing transport around. I stayed in the second tower, where the room was clean, modern looking and with all necessary facilities. Bar was nice, although at times the music from the life band was too loud to have any conversation.
When I return to Manila, I will stay here again.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed at The Bellevue for business. It's a beautiful and safe property! Clean rooms, luxurious bed, and near good shopping and restaurants!

I found the day staff more to be more knowledgeable about business needs and hotel amenities. They were wonderful! The night staff, however, didn't seem to know as much and in fact, gave me wrong information - twice! I speak English and Tagalog, so if they seemed a bit perplexed when I asked in English, I repeated the same request in Tagalog...again, day staff was WONDERFUL...night staff, although very polite, not nearly as knowledgeable as the day staff.

Dear CousteauMom,

Thank you for sharing this details about our day staff and night staff, and our sincerest apologies that we might have caused.

We hope that your experience with our night staff does not overshadow the wonderful service from our day staff in our beautiful and safe property, and that you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon at The Bellevue Manila.

Roland Galano
Resident Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had a very short business trip. The hotel is very nice with cozy environment. Price very reasonable and very near to ATC mall. Shuttle service is provide every half an hour and will have pick up service after done my shopping.

The reception is small but the staffs are friendly and helpful. The bar located at the top floor VUE which has a nice view. I will definitely recommend business partners to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Evonelovebali
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is clean and classy. The lobby is not quite large but the the staffs are friendly and helpful. I attended a dinner held in their ballroom. The buffet was good which offers many different dishes. The bathroom needs more cleaning especially the toilet bowls. There are few taxis available outsideo make sure you bring a car.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mesa
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent 10 days at this hotel, and were very pleased with the experience. The rooms are immaculate, the service was exceptional, and the spa was just what we needed after a really long flight. Beautiful views, and really easy access to several local attractions. If I ever return to this part of the world, I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors have awesome views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chyla D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed twice at the Bellevue hotel and the manager Roland has been a wonderful host.
All the staff in the club were all excellent and i would recommend it to anyone to stay there.
I was looked after like a king and as i was there on business it was like a home away from home.
Raffy and Chef Sam were excellent as i can't remember all of the names as all staff were wonderful.
Both my stays were wonderful and the Club staff were all excellent.
The trainer from the gym gave very helpful advise which has made great improvements to my overall fitness.
The staff on the front desk were always welcoming and helpful including the staff on Concierge.
I love staying at the Bellevue it was my home for a number of weeks.
I will be back

Joe Bird and Tony Wills

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the high floors in the club rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business