The Bellevue may be billed as a five- star hotel, but it falls far short in some areas. The first service impression any hotel gets to make is at check-in. In this regard, the hotel deserves no stars at all. The clerks were professional in their demeanor but terribly slow to check guests in. The only thing which can explain why they consistently needed 10 to 15 minutes PER GUEST to accomplish a check- in is some byzantine system which completely prevents any hope of efficiency. After waiting 20 min to check in (behind a single person!) and then 12 min for my own check- in. When I went down to meet them to head out, my other two colleagues were still in the lobby waiting to check in 25 min later.
My room (1124, a corner mini- suite in the Tower side of the hotel) was terrific. Up- to- date, good lighting, interesting layout, good wi-fi connectivity. The bed was comfy, it was totally quiet, the linens and amenities were all five- star the upkeep was perfect and the room was kept spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was in the former lobby of the old main entrance – and obviously a temporary set-up while the real breakfast spot is renovated. That’s no issue for me. But the food was average at best, about what I would expect at a cheap tourist hotel in Manila – nowhere near a five-star hotel standard.
One evening a colleague and I went up to the 22nd floor bar for a late dinner. There was a fantastic band doing a mix of pop and salsa. Even though we had been dog- tired, we stayed until the band played their last. The waiter there was also excellent. Our pizza was good, and the beers served quickly.
Service was very good overall, long waiting times at the lobby aside, and the staff were very helpful in general.
Checkout took 30 minutes + elevator delays. Although we had received permission at check-in time to get a 3pm checkout, the room keys no longer worked when we returned to the hotel at 2pm. That took 25 minutes to sort out. Our individual checkout times were only about five minutes each but again, a single person in front of us took 25 minutes to check in. The other check- in counters were going no faster. Then, when our ride to the airport did not show up, we booked a hotel cab – and had to stand in line for another 20 min to just pay the invoice. All in all for this visit we wasted a total six person- hours for items which ought to have been accomplished in 30 min total. This is way beyond reason, and I am not trying to put a German service standard on the normally relaxed concept of “Filipino Time.”
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of a thriving business and commercial enclave in the south of Metro Manila, particularly Alabang, Muntinlupa City,The Bellevue Manila is 20 minutes away from international and domestics airports via the expressway and 20 minutes away from the Makati Central Business District via Skyway. It offers convenient access to key business areas, shopping malls, restaurant and bars, various golf and country clubs, theme parks, dive spots, hot springs and beach resorts. The hotel has 2 wings that house 456 well-appointed guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your The Bellevue Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellevue Manila Hotel Muntinlupa
- Bellevue Hotel Manila
- The Bellevue Hotel Manila
- The Bellevue Manila Philippines/Metro Manila - Muntinlupa