“best place to stay in filinvest city”

The Bellevue Manila
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Muntinlupa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at bellevue manila last june 2014 for wedding preps.

What i liked about it:
1) the rooms are really clean and cozy. the sheets are fresh and clean and i had a goodnight sleep on their firm and comfy bed. they have complete bath accessories and the water pressure was good.
2) their pool area is a nice place to stay. they have a small bar where you can enjoy your drinks while swimming.
3) they have buffet breakfast and lots of choices to choose from.

I had a great stay and would probably come back for staycation. i think they have free shuttle if you want to go to the malls (alabang town center and festival mall). they also have vue bar but did not have the time to check this out. next time i would really take time to enjoy the amenities and have that needed relaxation with family.

Room Tip: the deluxe tower room where we stayed in was already nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've stayed in this property for business trip quite a few times , the service is a great pleasure throughout my stay .
Transfer pickup from airport to hotel were smooth & organized , the shuttle will be await at the airport lounge shared among a few hotels .

There's 2 wings within the hotel , do book on the new wings which have more latest interior and amenities design. Room were good in size & spacious , bathroom were great , they even supply ACCA KAPPA toiletries for certain room type. However the shower flooring are marble fitted , which causes a few foot slipped while entering the shower while wet.

Breakfast were served at 2 level on the older wing which offered a variety of platter & choices to be spoilt. Under neath the breakfast area, there's a quick bite section whereby there's good selection of cakes, pastries & sandwiches.

There's food options nearby the hotel which is just across the streets for 24 hours operation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This was the opening line of the staff who welcomed me in the front desk. First of all, i chose this hotel since they have a promo of 5k net for local residents. Since we still don't have electricity and the reviews for this hotel was quite good, i opted to stay for a night with my family. So after coming from the hospital and learning we are still in the dark at home, i called Bellevue. At first, i called B hotel. But sadly, they were fully booked. I was directed to Bellevue which the front desk of B hotel told me also had a promo. I asked "do you still have rooms under the promo rate?" She said, yes ma'am. We still have vacancy. That was around 8 pm. I asked if the 5k was already net of taxes, she said yes. I asked for the inclusions. She said breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids. She then told me that the room wont be available until after an hour. I said that was ok since travel time was about an hour. So we hurriedly packed. My children already in their jammies. Me still in scrubsuit. Hello, i said. I have a reservation. The staff named GAIL asked for my name and an id. That was already almost 10 pm. She told me the room was not ready yet. I said" WHY?". I mean its already 10 in the evening. She said she will process my registration while we wait. Ok, i said. Then she asked, ' how much was the rate that was told to you?' . I said, 5k. She said ," Because we have high occupancy volume, our rate is P6500." I explained that i called 2 hours ago. She asked me if i got the name of the person i talked to. No, i said. Since they don't usually give it when answering the phone, i supposed it was not important. She told me that maybe, whoever i talked to misunderstood that i was checking in that day and that their rates were higher. Duh? I made reservations for today? Duh?
First of all, the hotel is not so bad. The main wing is a bit old but the rooms are well maintained. What made it an average hotel and not a five star one is the way the front desk handled the situation. Five star hotels don't change their rates that fast just because they can get away with a higher one. I was told that the P6500 was their normal rate. But i did not reserve on the normal rate. It's really a shame. The girl i talked to on the phone was really nice and polite and made me excited to check in. The GAIL on the front desk just wet my enthusiasm. This incident changed my perception of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Libsmendo
Roland G, Manager at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Libsmendo,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at The Bellevue Manila. It is through customer feedback that we are able to assess our level of performance and identify areas for improvement.

We are glad to hear that you liked our staff whom you talked over the phone but disappointed on how our Front Desk staff has handled the situation at check-in and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have discussed your feedback to our management team and shared your review to all our staff. Please be assured that corrective measure will be undertaken and increased employee training will also be conducted to avoid the same in the future

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This property is very comfortable and located in one of the best areas of Manila. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, access to the airport is good and the dining is very good, especially the breakfast buffet. Will stay at this property every time I visit Manila.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Bellevue hotel is located in a nice are with good access to near shopping and dining facilities.
We were in a superb room in the Tower Wing. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When we were facing a problem during checkin, the Manager, Mr. Galano, was extremly professional and helpful, and solved our issue to our full satisfaction. Wie will definetely stay again in the Bellevue.

Dr. LB, Dubai

Room Tip: Room in the newer Tower Wing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorenz B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Recently stayed here as a result of the destructive typhoon that caused massive blackouts in the city. Our corner room on the 12th floor of Tower two was huge and very well appointed. Nice decor and spacious bathroom with separate shower and bath; had all the amenities one needed and a nice view of the lake. Included breakfast was good, with a wide selection of hot and cold food including sushi and dimsum. The hotel was very crowded with guests similarly escaping the "no electricity" situation in their homes and the waitstaff graciously kept up with the pace. However, housekeeping needs serious improvement. When we drew the drapes, there was a paper bag with remnants of a fast food meal tucked by the wall. Also, we had booked a triple but when we arrived at past 9 pm, the extra bed had not been set up and only after repeated calls and a good one hour did the staff finally come. And then, they only brought a pillow and a blanket. We had to insist they bring a duvet. It's a pity since the hotel is really nice. Overall though, a good enough option when the need arises.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Roland G, Manager at The Bellevue Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at The Bellevue Manila. It is through customer feedback that we are able to assess our level of performance and identify areas for improvement.

We appreciate you for liking our well appointed room at the Tower Wing as well as our breakfast selection but we must apologize for the shortfall of our Housekeeping department. Please be assured that we have already discussed the concern with our housekeeping team and increased employee training will be undertaken to avoid the same in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Bellevue may be billed as a five- star hotel, but it falls far short in some areas. The first service impression any hotel gets to make is at check-in. In this regard, the hotel deserves no stars at all. The clerks were professional in their demeanor but terribly slow to check guests in. The only thing which can explain why they consistently needed 10 to 15 minutes PER GUEST to accomplish a check- in is some byzantine system which completely prevents any hope of efficiency. After waiting 20 min to check in (behind a single person!) and then 12 min for my own check- in. When I went down to meet them to head out, my other two colleagues were still in the lobby waiting to check in 25 min later.
My room (1124, a corner mini- suite in the Tower side of the hotel) was terrific. Up- to- date, good lighting, interesting layout, good wi-fi connectivity. The bed was comfy, it was totally quiet, the linens and amenities were all five- star the upkeep was perfect and the room was kept spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was in the former lobby of the old main entrance – and obviously a temporary set-up while the real breakfast spot is renovated. That’s no issue for me. But the food was average at best, about what I would expect at a cheap tourist hotel in Manila – nowhere near a five-star hotel standard.
One evening a colleague and I went up to the 22nd floor bar for a late dinner. There was a fantastic band doing a mix of pop and salsa. Even though we had been dog- tired, we stayed until the band played their last. The waiter there was also excellent. Our pizza was good, and the beers served quickly.
Service was very good overall, long waiting times at the lobby aside, and the staff were very helpful in general.
Checkout took 30 minutes + elevator delays. Although we had received permission at check-in time to get a 3pm checkout, the room keys no longer worked when we returned to the hotel at 2pm. That took 25 minutes to sort out. Our individual checkout times were only about five minutes each but again, a single person in front of us took 25 minutes to check in. The other check- in counters were going no faster. Then, when our ride to the airport did not show up, we booked a hotel cab – and had to stand in line for another 20 min to just pay the invoice. All in all for this visit we wasted a total six person- hours for items which ought to have been accomplished in 30 min total. This is way beyond reason, and I am not trying to put a German service standard on the normally relaxed concept of “Filipino Time.”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MunichEricJ

Dear MunichEricJ,

We appreciate you sharing all the details in your review about your experience at The Bellevue Manila. We are glad to hear that you like our room at the Tower Wing and the excellent service at the Vue Bar but we are saddened to hear about the long wait that you have experienced during check-in and check-out at the Reception and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that we might have caused.

I have shared your review not only to our management team but to all our staff, and please be assured that it will all be addressed because this is not the level of service that we strive for at The Bellevue Manila. And we hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.