“Not a nice place”

Manila International Youth Hostel Federation
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paranaque
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Booked a dorm bed because the place is close to airport. And it looked quite nice on the pictures at booking.com. But in reality it was not a nice place. Everything is old. The beds were not nice and toilets and showers dirty. It's hot and not enough fans. There's no lockers or even a locker to the room. The area outside hostel is not nice. I didn't feel safe when I went to have dinner. But I didn't see any guard at the gate it seemed the gate was open all night. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Nipeno

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed one week in the hostel and loved my stay there because
Even if everybody there do not english correctly
Even if the light was on most of the time
Even if some guys snored hard
Even if 10 guys (out of 20 possible) slept in the same room
...I didn't care about the attitude of the staff...

I enjoyed my stay because it was so cheap, the bed is comfortable and I took my earplugs!!!!
Well u have to tell them you'll only stay one night and then they don't check if you're gone or not.
So I paid 280PHP for 7 days :-)

Room Tip: There is no choice in the room. You either go to men/women room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pierrotleouf
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have NEVER seen such rude flipino in my life. The girls that work there have attitude problems, especially the one in the evening. They dont care about your hospitality or even respect you. There is much better places to stay in Manila.

Besides the staff, it is not bad for a budget place and the location is good.

I have been staying here from time to time for years but I am done. Done!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 29 February 2012

150 Pesos by taxi from airport, very safe and secure, no frills accom. Sure it is occupied mostly by locals, but to me that is half the fun. So it aint vegetarian, so what, the little bars and sidewalk vendors have heaps of stuff for 30-60 peso's per meal.
The rooms are basic but clean and safe,about $1,000 pesos a night, or a dorm for 300 pesos.
open 24 hrs, and full most of the time so it has to be value for money.
The Crosswinds hotel is nearby and charges about 2,500 pesos/ night, if you want a cheap alternative. Baclaran has great markets and only an 8 peso jeepney ride from the mall of asia.
Love the philippine people they are a delight!

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are better
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank John L
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Not as advertised on HI site. I reported this to HI-Intl. We were told sheets-there was one. We were told aircon-aircon works 6pm-6am, shower hot H2O the same. We were told there was vegetarian food-there was not. There are a long list of rules on the back of the door to the room, also not on web. Read this before you check in.

The room was dirty, wet your finger rub the wall and it will now be clean. The ceiling fan was dirty. No curtain on the bathroom window, looks right out at neighbor. No toilet paper, should be on web site or they could have for sale at front desk. They have nothing at the front desk, not even extra sheets. Be careful of all rugs, no non slip pads. No internet available.

On arrival we were greeted by a man who said he worked for hostel and he wanted to take our bags. Turned out he does not work for hostel. I would call ahead and get the name of the person who will open the gate. We were woke all during the night by honking and revving engines. We were woke at 3am by a man yelling and banging on the neighbors door. We both had allergy headaches and congestion the next morning.

Close to Pasay Victory Liner station, Manila airport and the Mall of Asia. Easy to catch taxi at all hours by walking to corner @ Roxas. There is a little canteen at the Clean Fuel station so there are many taxis. Please force them to run the meter, you only give them confidence to cheat the next person if you do not.

The type of friend I'd recommend to is already stranded or very adventurous. My husband was not a happy camper.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SubicChick
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I chose this hostel since the photos and reviews say good. We book a room for only 2 people and it is already too expensive. The bed room is in fact a kitchen. Very smelly, dirty. We could not sleep at all. It is already booked and I could not cancel it. Please stay away from this hostel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RichardvBosch
Reviewed 18 December 2009

This hostel feels more like a hotel meant for locals - I don't think there were any other foreign travellers staying at the time we were there, but a few locals with their families.
The place is no-frills, but quite ok: clean and quiet. It is conveniently located very close to the airport, letting you avoid notorious Manila jams.
We stayed in the double room. It had the ac and tv, as well as private bathroom. They don't provide toilet paper but the wifi works fine :) Costing 900 php a night, not a bad place to stay before your flight.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Soturimimmi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paranaque
Nichols Airport Hotel
1 mi away
Shogun Suite Hotel
Shogun Suite Hotel
#22 of 34 in Pasay

Been to Manila International Youth Hostel Federation? Share your experiences!