“Beautiful Bergau”
Review of Salsalito

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burgau
Salsalito
Ranked #2 of 4 Burgau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a lovely b and b. The highlights for me were:

Beautiful pool/pool area.
Honesty bar - really liked it.
Very friendly warm hosts.
The woodwork in the property is beautiful and the owner made EVERYTHING. He is so talented, I wish I had that sort of talent.
Walking distance to Bergau which is small, charming and has quite a few good restaurants and bars.
The beach bar - just loved it. Sitting out on the terrace at night, having a red wine and watching the sun go down with the tide right in at the edge of the beach bar......it's just so charming.
Hire a car and get out and explore - Portugal is divine. It rained nearly every day we were there and I STILL loved it. Drive up to Monchique for beautiful views of the countryside. Drive past Monchique towards Foia and stop in A Rampa for peri peri chicken. It's really good! Fab views if you get a nice sunny day.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irishinealing

Reviewed 24 May 2011

The reviews for this guest house are in no way exaggerated! Salsalito is the result of a lifetime's work of love and artistic talents of Sally and Ralph who are lovely people. The gorgeous garden, spacious patios and pool are maintained beautifully. Everything is thoughtfully prepared to make guests feel relaxed and cared for but in an unintrusive and unfussy way. Buffet breakfast served on the terrace is a delight with plenty of choice including fresh fruit, good bread and coffee and even home made marmalade! We treated ourselves to the Santa Fe room with a private terrace near the pool which was definately worth it. We loved the picturesque fishing villages nearby with several good restaurants to choose from. There are lovely coves and beaches round every corner and we enjoyed visits to Sagres fort and up to lovely Monchique and other towns in the hills- still within an hours drive. We'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FinRach
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Another 9 days at my fav place. This time 8 great friends has a really great time. Sally and Ralph cant do enough for you. There is so much to do at the Salsalito that you really have to drag yourself away from it to go anywhere else. The breakfast is great. So much from fruit, cereal, rolls, youghurt, cakes coffee, tea and toast and its always slightly different everyday and of course the lovely Portuguese custard tarts which are served warm just lush!!!!. Then there is the bbq area which we used all the time, relaxing by the pool just so special shall I go on. You would be mad not to go to the Salsalito trust me, we have been 6 times now and have already booked next year. Janette and Mike Aylott.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank janette1234_11
Reviewed 23 May 2011

just read all previous recommendations, they say it all....a true garden of eden, with breakfast ! . Truly stunning location, away from the hoi poloi eastern area, you have close access to Sagres, cliff top walk to Salema, and the western Atlantic beaches.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jaynalbeer
Reviewed 15 May 2011

You will not find a better place to stay in the Algarve. My mother and I stayed at Salsalito in April after finding it advertising in Alastair Sawday's website. From the second we stepped inside Salsalito we knew that we had hit the jackpot! Sally and Ralph showed us around the guesthouse and made us feel instantly relaxed and at 'home'. The accommodation itself is perfect and I mean perfect, ultra clean, spacious, comfortable beds, instant hot water, tea and coffee facilities ect. The communal areas are immaculate with lots of indoor and outdoor space, not to mention the most amazing walk in pool! To be honest it is hard to get motivated about sight seeing when you stay here, all you want to do is relax and unwind. Finding good accommodation is a hard task, but here you will also find good people! Sally and Ralph have excellent local knowledge and they will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. Don't forget to try the homemade Portuguese tarts, they are unreal!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Pritzy4422
Reviewed 28 August 2010

From the moment my wife and I arrived at this quintessentially Algarvian retreat our hosts, Sally & Ralph, took us under their wings in their relaxed but attentive ways at this beautiful guest house . Nothing was too much trouble. They had a knack of knowing when to attend our needs or leave us be to relax.

The setting was perfect, the rooms very comfortable. The pool and pool area, with its gardens smattered with sun chairs and hammocks, was somewhere you had to force yourself away from to go to the nearby beach at Burgau. I read 2 books in a week, which was a first for me!

The sumptuous Continental breakfast, taken overlooking the pool each morning, was certainly a great way to start the day and a relaxing drink (or two!) from the 'honesty bar' the perfect way to end the day.

We will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This is an absolute gem - a hidden oasis of calm and tranquillity. Salsalito is tucked away amongst palm trees that surround a beautiful pool and patio area. If you want to sit and relax you can fall asleep in a hammock or read your book on a comfy sofa in the shade overlooking the pool.
A lovely breakfast of cereal, breads, cakes, fresh fruit and fresh coffee that kept coming was a welcome treat each day.
There is a communal kitchen tucked away amongst the palms and each room has their own fridge allocated to them. This was handy to keep our cold drinks and make our rolls at lunchtime.
Salsalito is only a few minutes from Burgau and Luz with its sandy beaches and good restaurants. There is a fabulous restaurant called the Ancora in Burgau, which my husband says do the best steaks in the world, so give it a try.
The hosts Sally and Ralph were wonderful. They made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The whole place has a homely feel that makes you want to stay longer.
If you want to treat yourself to a facial, manicure, pedicure..... Sally can arrange for a lovely lady to come and do this for you too.... bliss! I had my nails done and they look great.
The rooms were clean, spacious with double wardrobes and air conditioning and a TV and DVD in each room, although who wants to watch TV when your staying in such a beautiful place.
I would definately recommend Salsalito as a place to stay if you are thinking of visiting the Algarve. I had a tear when I left and will be booking again as soon as I get more time off.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple