“Excellent resort for families and couples alike”

Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Scotland
“Excellent resort for families and couples alike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

This resort certainly earns its ***** rating. The staff are obliging, the food excellent and the rooms comfortable and well appointed. We did have a problem on arrival with our room allocation, which the staff endeavoured to resolve. Sadly, as the hotel was almost full they could not give us quite what we wanted but they did try.

It is worth remembering that many of the staff have little or no spoken English, so keep your requests simple, and only ask for one thing at a time - then they will be happy to oblige.

The main restaurant is very good and there are bars and at least one restaurant open 24 hours a day, plus room service so you never go hungry. Some reviewers complain about the a la carte booking system. It can be frustrating, but by ringing the booking line a few minutes earlier than specified we managed to get a table every time we tried but one, even for a party of 5.

The beach is very clean, and we never had a problem finding sun loungers either there or by the pools. The sports facilities are excellent, and the entertainment team work hard to keep people amused. The kids club is reputed to be great fun for younger children.
We hired a car with driver from Europcar for a day which was a good value way of getting out and about, and a better way of getting round the language barrier when exploring.

All in all a wonderful holiday and we would not hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are just as good as sea view, and probably quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Frank_Doris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Cornelia Diamond exceeded our expectations. The pictures in brochures etc, don't do it justice. It is is really well laid out and the gardens are very pretty.

We had never been AI before (although I have previously worked at AI hotels, so am familiar with the standard of service/food etc), so we were apprehensive. However, we needn't have been as it was great.

Firstly the reception/lobby area is very impressive and the pink and purple colours used are unusual and striking. The bellboy who took us to our room was so lovely and extremely proud of his country and the hotel. When we were about to walk into our room, my partner said "Fingers crossed this is nice"! Well, it really was. We had a standard room which was huge and it had everything you could want.

The food in the main buffet restaurant and the Dome Snack Bar was good and plentiful. I defy you to find something you can't eat. The A La Cartes were great. We only managed to eat in 4, but they were all good experiences. The service was fab and the locations were good, with lovely views and great food. You actually felt like you were out of the complex having a meal. Please go to Sapore. Gorgeous!
As others have said the reservation is no problem. I used to call at 6.57 and got a reservation for the following night, each time I tried. I also asked at Gues Relations one day (in the am) and managed to get a booking at one for that night.

The choice of drinks is really good with lots of international names. Good choice of cocktails and soft drinks too :D

Lots of good entertainment, esp the Mongolian circus. Wow! The after show parties they hold are spectacular too.

I really liked the pier at the beach and if it hadnt have been for my young son, I would have chose to sunbathe there. However, the pools are great and there are lots of them and they are HUGE!

For those of you with children the Atlantis children centre is great, with water slides, dodgems, a carousel and a mini train. The pools are lovely there and one is shaded. There is also a lazy river.

I could probably go on all day but for fear of boring you I won't.

I did view a swim up room and hand on heart can say I rpeferred our std room with sea view.

Loved it so much I have already booked to go back next year!

Go, you will love it.

10 Thank Sunniebun
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband, myself and our 11month old son travelled to the Cornelia Diamond in July this year for a week. We booked a standard double seaview room.
On arrival at the hotel we struggled into the lobby with our cases before they were taken to a trolley, and were then greeted with a glass of champagne/orange juice. We waited to be registered and were then directed up to our room on the third floor. The room was very nice, a good size and the travel cot was already set up. Disappointingly the door to the balcony was jammed and would not open, but a quick call to guest relations and someone came up to fix it. We also requested a kettle in the room for our arrival (for baby's formula), but had to make two calls before it appeared. Waiting for us in the room was a bottle of wine and a fruit plate. The minibar was well stocked with beer, water and soft drinks. The bathroom had dove shampoo/shower gel and bath salts, dentist kit, sewing kit, etc, and a hairdryer in a drawer. No iron in the room. There were also two robes with slippers. The room was cleaned and the minibar stocked daily. There was a safe, the airconditioning was good, and the TV had a couple of English speaking channels, a BBC news channel and some film channels, there was pay tv which we didn't use, and to our relief one of the channels was baby tv, in Russian or German..not sure, but kept him happy when we wanted a quiet moment.
The hotel grounds and the pools were lovely, we managed to find a quiet spot with some shade in the pool under a walkway to take little one for a swim out of the glare of the sun. And also used the kids pool in the spa which was shallow enough for baby to walk round in his float. You can get clean towels each morning from a man round the pool with towel cards given with your key card on arrival. By 10am most beds were taken, so we would grab our beds before going to breakfast. The was a baby room outside by one of the pools with baby toys which we used for an hour one afternoon. And a nice treat in the afternoon was to get a free icecream or two, or get some fruit.
Foodwise, breakfast was in the main buffet and was ok, generally stuck to the croissants and omlettes. Lunch was at the Dome bar by the pool, or again in the main buffet. Dinner was in the main buffet or an a la carte restaurant if you could book it. On reflection I was disappointed with the food, mainly because having a baby we were limited to 3 a la carte restaurants, mediteranean, turkish and the grill. These are not my favourite cuisines. The main buffet restaurant was very hectic, and the food was just ok. We struggled a little finding food for the baby. There is a childrens buffet set up as you walk into the main restaurant, this had two vegetable mashs, and any other food that you wanted to puree you could do yourself using a handheld processor. We tried lots of different food but resorted to toast, banana and water melon in the end. We only ordered drinks from room service, mainly tea in the morning, as we found it quieter and less distracting to give baby his breakfast in the room - we had taken his porridge with us.
In the evenings we went for a quiet drink in the lobby bar, as not too busy for baby, and went to a couple of shows at the ampitheatre which started at 9.45pm. Can recommend the Mongolian acrobats. Some evenings when we went back to the room to put baby to bed we found it quite noisy with loud music coming from the dome bar area and flashing lights. The noise stopped at around midnight though which was a relief.
In summary the hotel is very comfortable and luxurious, I couldn't find fault with the room, and the service is good. The pool areas were lovely and the grounds very clean. The restrictions on the a la carte dining for those with children under seven would prevent me from going back again as I didn't enjoy the main buffet restaurant or the other a la cartes. This is a personal opinion though and I am fussy with my food.

Room Tip: The swim up rooms looked nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Peabody75
Airdrie, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

We concur with many of the previous postings on the Cornelia Diamond. We have gone all inclusive twice before and this was superior to our previous holidays. For food, excellent quality, choice and it's plentiful. We visited 4 a la cartes - all on a par with top UK restaurants. Do as many have said here and ring the booking line a few minutes before 7. Keep doing this until you get connected. Very simple and we succeeded twice doing this. The other two times we asked nicely at guest relations and they booked us for the following evenings. It's amazing how far you'll get with a kind word and a smile.............
For the alcohol, the choice extends well beyond the usual local brands. Plenty of named and top quality spirits to choose from. Be aware though if you ask for a gin and tonic, you'll get the local gin. If you want Gordons, ask for Gordons, if you want Smirnoff ask for Smirnoff etc etc. For the entertainment, the team are generally great and there is plenty of games and sports to get involved in if that's your thing. There's a show every night and the standard is occasionally jaw dropping. You will see things that would easily make the final of Brtiain's Got Talent!! Although, if I have one minor gripe, it's mostly dance orientated and these were a little repetitive. Twice a week they set up a fantastic garden party complete with stunning light show and "superstar DJ".
Overall the hotel runs like a Swiss clock. The management of it is highly impressive and the customer is often always King. It looks great day and night, the accomodation is of a superior standard and it has a happy, relaxed and stress free vibe.
There is a very cosmopolitian mix of nationalties but all existed happily togetrher. Yes, some Russians can be rude and abrupt but us Brits arent all perfect.
Be aware though the general hotel shop is ludicrously expensive. Most things about 3 times the price is Belek. 36 Euros for sun tan lotion.....................So try and avoid getting caught short.

10 Thank DonLogan
Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

By far the best Hotel we have stayed in for our two week holiday let down by noisy out of control Russian kids and Central Disco music well into early hours. The food, cleanliness and service was superb, but sleeping impossible, glad to come home.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Smithering
lanarkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

My friends and I have golfed in Turkey 3 times now and although we genuinely have never had a bad hotel, this one stands out for me. It was my wife and another couple that went this year so my friends have not had the pleasure, but after my return and I told them about it, they can't wait to go...possibly next year.
We did go at the end of April so the hotel was probably not maxed out but there were a lot of people there. The service we thought was absolutely fantastic, you no sooner had finished a drink, there was a staff member asking you if you required a re-fill. The buffet restaurant is huge and I would say, if you can't find something you like there then you should stay at home with your sausage and beans... but if you wanted that, I'm quite sure they would do their best to accomodate you. There are also several A La Carte retaurants which can be booked the evening before, these have a charge of 10euro per head but please do not be put off, as the food is excellant and I suspect most of this money is regarded as a "tip" for all the staff who were extremely friendly and helpful.,
The hotel has to be seen, especially the reception hall, it's beautiful with a bar at the far end with views looking out to the sea which is only a very short walk away and is very well kept.
We had a "standard room" and let me tell you, it was better by far than most of the upgraded rooms I have had in the past at other resorts. They have a large bed, settee and table, desk with large mirror and large flat screen TV on the wall. A large bath, separate walk in shower with endless amounts of hot water, double sink and of course toilet. There is also a large balcony with table and chairs and all of the rooms appear to have a very good view.
Finally, because I could probably go on all day, it was primarily a golfing holiday for us and as I said, I have been here 3 times now and played several courses, they never let me down. All the courses (I have played) have been and still are beautiful and well maintained. So if anybody reading this has never golfed in Turkey before and is thinking about it, don't......just go, you will not be disappointed.
PS Check out Bilyana golf, they are a very good company, I have used them 3 times without fault.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank arfur50
Liverpool, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Hi we recently stayed at the Cornelia, fab hotel and the facilities were just perfect, vast swimming pools, no shortage of space around the pool areas, and so clean.Our room had great views, lots of space, and compared to other hotels that we had stayed in, excellent standard . The all inclusive was an experience, the food excellent although was a bit of a pain up and down all the time to get each course. We booked in to the Turkish restaurant at the hotel, no charge, but hard to get in, the food once agin was a delight, but do remember a tip for the waiters....
The golf was good but they do have an early bird price before 7.00 in the morning, if you want to get up, but make sure the girl on reception realises it's the early bird, as she did get the time muddled up, resulting in a unhappy husband and son.
We will be going back again.......

2 Thank Sueo26