“Almost perfect”

Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Belek
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Removed my previous review after being contacted by the hotel and here's the amended review. (note to the person who inboxed me and called me a liar and rumour spreader, this is my review and therefore my opinion and based on my experience and what I have been told by other guests.This is the ethos of Trip Advisor, if you don't like it, tough! and be under no illusion I have changed my review because of you!

Travelled early May (12 golfers) and this place is near as damn it perfect. Food / bars / entertainment all excellent.

Only gripe was that it wasn't that clear (my opinion and opinion of some other guests) what drinks were included in the all inclusive label. Admittedly a large number of the international drinks are included but not all, and definitely not all the bottled beer, for example, Corona in the Moulin Rose is chargeable at 4 euros a bottle. My group spoke to another group of golfers that had previously stayed in Jan/Feb and they had told us that when they were last here they did not get charged for Corona. Obviously you have to take their word for this but why would they say this if not true?

Anyway, since my original post the hotel have contacted me and sent me a 'Drinks price list' from the Moulin Rose. With this it is clear what drinks are chargable and therefore I don't have an issue with this. What I have explained to the hotel is that these price lists should be accessible, i.e one on each table and displayed at the bar, then there would be no confusion at all, which was my main point in the original review... OK maybe I should have read the small print closer but I have been all inclusive in Turkey on numerous occasions staying with a large Hotel chain and all inclusive means all inclusive.

Anyway, apart from the above (and now that I know) you can't fault this place... so much so that I will be looking at bringing the family back next year as my wife and son will love it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

3 Thank MarkC2207
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 November 2013

First, we would like to thank you for your comments.

We would like to inform you that as Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa that makes no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding, we are always grateful for your valuable comments.

Cornelia Hotels Golf & Spa Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Preston
Reviewed 26 May 2013

During our week stay my husband become increasingly ill with an injury he already had prior to coming on holiday. We enjoyed the week but i am sure it would have been more enjoyable if my husband had been healthier but the barman called Yakup in the Bohiem bar made the week enjoyable. He provided an excellent service of drinks making me and my husband smile through a week when my husband suffered considerable pain . Thank you

1 Thank Veges
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2013

Bonnyrigg, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We were a party of eight and were allocated four swim up rooms for the duration of our 7 day trip. The rooms were spacious and of a very high spec and could not find fault with anything. Anyone visiting this hotel must try the a la cart restaurants which were to die for. The food in the buffet restaurant was also of a high standard as was the snack bar by the pool. The swimming pool areas were huge and always plenty of sun beds. All in all it was a great hotel enjoyed by all our party and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a swim up room
1 Thank Tommy C
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2013

UK,England
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We have just returned after spending 11 days in the Cornelia diamond and i have very mixed feelings towards my holiday, It was myself in my late 20's and my partner in his late 30's who went. Upon arriving at the hotel at approx 16:30 we were not greeted in anyway into the hotel, we stood at reception and told 'passports'. After a couple of minutes we were given our room key and that was it, we weren't told where our room was or how to get there, so we had to ask. Once we got to our room it was beautiful, we paid extra for a front facing sea view however i feel we did not get this as our front facing sea view was a window that did not open, In the room there was wine and fruit on the table, we told the man bringing our luggage that we did not drink red wine and within 15 minutes a cold bottle of white was in our room. We got ourselves sorted and decided to have a look around, we were starving so decided to try and find somewhere to eat. After wandering around for a while we went out into the dome bar where we were told food was being served, when we got there it was fruit and pastries and in fact between 16:00-19:00 there was no where to get a meal...not what u expect from an all inclusive. Anyway we went back to our room and got ready and went to see the show....the shows are amazing and the live music or DJ after the shows are very good too. Entertainment staff are very friendly and are always offering to get u involved in some activities but are not pushy if u say no. The waiting staff and bar staff however are not the best, not very many speak English so we found a few times asking for either a drink or something else and being nodded at but then never see what we had asked for...when u ask again for it u get a look as if you are putting them out and they tut and walk away. The food in the main restaurant i would say would be more suited in a 3 star hotel...i am very fussy but usually never struggle as so many alternatives when on holiday, however my partner will eat anything and even he struggled. Each night it was the same things with just a few things changed every so often. We ate a few nights at the tai pen and forrest pub which were lovely however i dont feel 10 Euros per person was justified when it is all supposed to be all inclusive. The booking system to get into these restaurants is rediculous...u have to phone at 19:00 to book in for the day after, however when u phone at 19:00 all are fully booked, we tried every night for 3 nights then eventually complained to guest relations, they then got us in the next day but when we got there they only book the table out once in 2.5 hours so there are always empty tables. On our holiday it rained for one day and me and my partner decided to to go the bar in the lobby with our books and relax, well that's what we thought! when we got there there was a number of people lounging around on the big sofas with their feet up, after about 20 mins my partner decided to take his shoes off and make himself a bit more comfy to which a waiter came straight over and told him to sit up straight in the sofas! my partner did so but felt as he was on holiday and wanted to relax they shouldn't be having big comfy sofas available if u are not allowed to relax on them. We shrugged it off but within 10 minutes another waiter came up and shouted NO at my partner and pointed at his feet, he was told to put his shoes back on. I feel that as the bar in the lobby is so close to the main reception that they want obviously their outside guest to see the hotel at its best, however they fail to think that for 11 days we were on holiday and was our time to relax. Sadly this was not the rule for everyone as the other people were allowed to continue to relax in the same way my partner was, We had had enough by this point and just decided to go back to our room. The rest of the holiday was great, although i had kind of had enough of the hotel at this point and as the food wasnt good i was ready for home. On our day of leaving we had to check out at 12:00 and our pick up time for the airport was 19:00. We came down to reception at 11:30 and our bags were took from us, we did have to ask where they would be put but that was fine. We went to reception and said we were checking out and nothing was said, no thank you, have u had a nice stay etc. a bill was shoved under our noses and a receipt and that was it. We went by the pool for our last day then at 17:00 decided to get changed ready for our trip home, we went to the luggage room only to find our bags were not there! we came out and asked the concierge if they might of been put somewhere else, he said no they were in there. Myself, my partner and the concierge went in the luggage room and the bags were not there. He said they may of been took back to the room so he went to check, 10 minutes later he came back and just stood in his position at the door. We went up to him and asked if he had checked and he said they are not there. At this point we went back in for another look and again they were not there, my partner asked the concierge to locate these and he seemed very put out by having to do this. We went back to the luggage room 5 minutes later and all 3 of our suitcases are sitting in the middle of the room with the concierge telling us they had been there the whole time and we had missed them!!we were glad to get on the bus to the airport. So all in all the hotel and grounds are beautiful but the staff let it down. Apart from the few things that went wrong we enjoyed our time there but sadly we would not go back.

2 Thank suse8
Dear Guests;

We as the Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa family would like to wish you a good day.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with regard to Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa.

We would like to share with you that our first priorty is to make no compromises in terms of our quality service understanding and therefore your reviews are valuable for us. They will be forwarded to the relevant departments to make the necessary corrections and improvements.

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Cornelia Hotels Golf Spa Management
Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Recently returned from the Cornelia Diamond ( 16/5/13 ) and we had a terrific time. Along with all the other hotels in the Belek area, the Diamond is huge and because of this you lose some of the little personal touches but it is great and is difficult to fault. The staff were all very friendly and helpful with lots of smiles and greetings. The food was excellent and plentiful in both the central buffet and the a la carte restaurants. All the hotel and the surrounds was immaculate and nothing was left lying around, a member of staff pounced on any empty plates and litter immmediately. the spa was excellent and there was sufficient indoor and outdoor activities to keep everyone, not otherwise engaged in golf, fully occupied , with very enthusiastic staff supervising. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Diamond to my friends and I feel a little mean in dropping one star. This is entirely due to the shambles of a booking system for the a la carte restaurants which the management have put in place and which the guest relations staff have to operate. I felt sorry for them when they were trying to explain it and even sorrier when they arranged a meeting with the manager, who didn't turn up. So he and he alone is responsible for his hotel losing a star. The booking system is too complex and needs changing but the management are too arrogant to discuss it.
A great hotel and a lovely holiday with some wonderful golf and the locals are terrific.

Room Tip: Rooms, in my opinion, are better above the 4thh floor and facing South
2 Thank Derek97
Dear Guests;

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Cornelia Hotels Golf Spa Management
Burton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Had a great week with 2 other couples at this luxurious, fantastically appointed hotel. The 3 guys played a couple of rounds of golf at the impressive Faldo course. We were part of a 12man golfing party who had the previous week at the Voyage. There is no doubt the Cornelia is set up to welcome and cater for large golf groups better than the Voyage.
We knew we had chosen well as soon as we arrived as the reception area is stunning and the welcome was warm. We were offered an upgrade to a Diamond Suite (35K euros a week) but were disappointed to find out on viewing it, that there were just 2 bedrooms and we were 3 couples!! 'Look what you could have won' was the catchphrase for the rest of the week!
The standard rooms are very nice with a massive comfortable bed and walk in shower. Everywhere was spotless inside and out. The staff were excellent. The main man in the Locanta Turkish restaurant was probably the best Maitre D i have come across in a long time. Don't have an issue with paying 10euros to dine in one of the 5 a la carte restaurants as the standard is excellent. We found the main restaurant noisy and uninspiring. The food was OK but not a patch on the Voyage offering we enjoyed the week before. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the breakfast staff were miserable and the way they operate was all wrong. They would forget you and you did seem to be an inconvenience to them. This is something the management need to address. The entertainment team was excellent and the shows were very good. A little disappointed with the pier in comparison to some of the ones belonging to other hotels along the front and i am not quite sure about the vast amount of sun beds on the front that are located under a permanent canopy offering no sunlight at all. These are only observations not moans. Looking at possibly moving our 16 man golf trip to here next year and the lads that come will not be disappointed and neither will you.....

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade or a room on a higher floor
2 Thank John M

Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and feels like a large complex rather than an over bearing hotel. The things that do it for me are the fantastic rooms and lovely clean pools with an adults only pool which is ideal for us. We don't really enjoy tolerating other people's children and this place catered well for them and enabled us to enjoy a quiet and peaceful stay. My only real problems with this are the following- the food is fresh and plentiful but the cuts of meat are poor and so you do feel they are making the best of what they can get their hands on. Also despite the staff being unfailingly polite and eager to help they only manage to grasp one in three orders! So if u don't mind the occasional 'mystery drink' then you have nothing to worry about. Finally I would say the entertainment wasn't our cup of tea - very 80's Eurovision! All that said if you enjoy chilling out in a peaceful and luxurious setting which is what we love to do then this hotel definitely ticks those boxes! We are going back this summer as we struggle to find anything of the same decor quality and service for the same price ! 5* hotel 3* food

• Stayed June 2012