We booked this hotel, following a recent visit to Turkey (Limak Lara - Lara Beach) which we loved, so thought we would try another hotel but in another resort which was also classed as a 5 star hotel. Due to the price difference between Cornelia & Limak, we expected Cornelia to be much better.
Upon arrival at 2.00am, we were greeted at reception with a bunch of red roses and received an upgrade, which we found to be impressive. The room was spacious with a large shower room & comfy bed. In our room we also received a fruit platter, chocolate's, nuts & sweets along with a cake in the shape of a heart and a champagne on ice, this was an anniversary gift which was a lovely idea.
Our first few nights we found to be chilly ( end of Oct ) however during the day the weather was lovely, ranging between 23-29c during the course of the week.
The food in the main all-inclusive buffet, contained a lot of choice, salad galore! However we didn't find the food to be all that great, not meeting 5 star requirements.
The entertainment was ok, this took part inside the hotel due to end of season and commenced at 9.45 every night and lasted for approx.45 mins. The shows were enjoyable, mostly dance groups.
We found that each night was rather quiet with nothing to do after the entertainment finished, due to location you couldn't go for a dander as there was no shops bars etc near by.
Day time activities did exist if & when they managed to persuade people to join in. We met Max who was very friendly and he helped us to enjoy our holiday.
The Beach isn't the greatest, but again due to end of season the pier was closed and I believe the beach party's were no longer running.
For lunch, you could visit the outside dining facility which was buffet/menu. You could choose from grilled fish to pizza & kebabs. This was quite good as you had a waitress to serve you but waiting time was long on some occasions. Plus there was a lot of flies which were landing on the open food.
We visited two restaurant's - Tia Pen & Forest Pub, both very good.
We did have one problem with our booking, reception had pre booked our table for the Wednesday evening and provided this to us in letter, but upon our arrival we were advised that it was actually Thursday, turning us away. This was rather disappointing.
The Spa facilities are great, from steam rooms to Jacuzzis and the Turkish bath was open to all, which meant you could use on your own accord without having to pay for a treatment.
during my stay I booked a facial, the treatment lasted approx. 50 mins, and was quite expensive at €80. to be honest this wasn't very enjoyable, and was defiantly not worth this price.
Overall the hotel itself is lovely, with spectacular décor and most importantly very clean, however I do think an improvement is required in order to entertain the guests, rather than having someone playing the same songs on a piano everynight.... zzzzzz
I would return to this resort again, it is close to Belek centre with lots of shops ( mainly selling all the same things), but it has a market on every Saturday which is great for hanbags/jeans etc.
you can catch the tractor train outside the hotel which takes approx. 10mins for as little as 1 euro each. Great value.
In terms of currency, we took both lira & Euro. All shops appear to accept both, we found lira to be a much better rate.
If visiting turkey, a Turkish shave is most defiantly recommended - @ 5 euro, my husband thought this was well worth it.
On our departure day, we requested to keep our room on, the receptionist was very helpful and arranged for us to be transferred to another room which we were able to keep until 10.00pm that evening, this made things a lot easier for our departure.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay, but not sure we would pay the big money to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cornelia Diamond is a 5 Star luxury Golf & Spa Resort based on 200.000 sqm of land. The hotel has a wide selection of different types and styles of rooms, villas and suites. The resort boasts a 250 sqm private beach and 8 pools including indoor, aquapark and childrens pool and jacuzzis. With a total of 10 restaurants (8 a la carte) the cuisine ranges from traditional Turkish to Far East and has 10 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort And Spa
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Hotel Belek
- Cornelia Diamond Hotel
- Cornelia Diamond Resort All Inclusive