After the few reviews I have written so far on TA, I praise myself for giving targeted information, hopefully objective quality-wise, on specific aspects of the places where I have been lucky (or not) to stay. But for this review of Cornelia, I don’t know how I am going to do that: I just loved it; it was fabulous end to end. Quite likely the most flawless and worriless holiday we have ever had. Yes it was that good.
What a mistake to have tried Voyage last year, it does not even come close to the excellence of Cornelia, it really does not.
The service was of such high quality: whether you are at the Dome or in the main restaurant, the service is fast, efficient, and courteous. They are like an army with a smile. A Bravo to the whole service staff, they really demonstrate some of the highest professionalism I have seen in a hospitality business.
After this very positive introduction and after having thought long and hard, I managed to find two points for improvement:
- Our experience at the Forest pub was OK but not great like the first time. Forest pub is a texmex restaurant serving quesadillas, grilled beef and chicken meat with fajitas…We found that the guacamole and the cheese sauce served to accompany the dishes did not taste so good and did not feel like it was home made, and I guess this is a slight improvement they could take care of.
- The access to the spa should be forbidden to guests below 12 (professional way of saying kids ). Currently the access is allowed for kids accompanied by their parents which results in kids screaming, running all over the place and playing in the Jacuzzi. We even met a mother with her stroller inside the spa area, no kidding! And if unfortunately the parents are inconsiderate and let their children overrun the place, this is definitely the “coup de grace” to the moment of relaxation you had been waiting for. We do have one kid and we reckon that a spa and its facilities are a place where people are looking for silence, serenity and relaxation…not for screaming children and their parents trying (or not) to manage them. This is why we send our boy to the club when we go to the spa.
For the rest it is going to be a very long and plain list of thumbs up :
- Not only was the bedroom big, clean, and spacious with a balcony and its great view on the sea, it was spotlessly cleaned daily and the mini bar refilled every morning without fault.
- The kids club was very welcoming and our boy had a great time there; on top of making good friends that he was seeing every day, he could also swim safely in the pool and enjoy the slides of the club, dedicated for the kids (the kids club at Voyage did not have its own pool).
- The pools, fresh or warm, with their waterfalls, and plenty of long chairs to sit on, most of the day, along with the slides from the water park were good fun guaranteed every day. And again I can’t help comparing to Voyage where finding a spot after 10:00 AM was a tough challenge.
- The beach also was well maintained and the pier offered plenty of space to lie down or take a swim in the beautiful sea.
- Diamond restaurant offered daily a wide range of delicious dishes greatly cooked and superbly presented. Also the service, despite the volume of residents at peak hours, was of good level.
- The Dome snack bar is one of the places you are likely to hang around several times per day whether it is to enjoy a cocktail or have a bite. There also, I can only speak words of compliment. Not only is the food great and tasty, it is served quickly (special mention to the wonderful Pides). And the items from the buffet are always plenty, fresh and very good.
- The shows in the evening were pretty good and very entertaining. During the week, you could feel the teams were not as good, but on the week-end we arrived, we had a show from Moscow Circus ice show and a Street Dance troop that were extremely good. They really ignited the crowd. One minor point though: the shows are victims of their own success and it was sometimes complicated to find a spot to sit if you would arrive too late.
- And the best part, at least to my taste: the Crassula spa, what a great and well maintained place with hammam, Russian sauna, tropical shower, Jacuzzi…you name it. And after that, a freshly squeezed grapefruit juice from the Vitamin bar…what else to ask for?
A little anecdote: I saw once a drink that had a nice look and asked to the Dome bar team what it was: it was called a Black Shadow (coffee, baileys, whipped cream served in some sort of mini wine cup). After I tried and liked it, each time they saw me on the next days, they would ask me if I would like another Black Shadow; the personal touch always works
Last but not least: despite the fact the hotel was fully booked on the day we checked out, they still made the effort to grant us the room for 2 extra hours which was handy as we did not have to rush to finish breakfast and hurry to the room to finish packing before 12:00.
Final word of conclusion: No matter how well you are “travelled”, I am pretty sure Cornelia Diamond will win you over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cornelia Diamond is a 5 Star luxury Golf & Spa Resort based on 200.000 sqm of land. The hotel has a wide selection of different types and styles of rooms, villas and suites. The resort boasts a 250 sqm private beach and 8 pools including indoor, aquapark and childrens pool and jacuzzis. With a total of 10 restaurants (8 a la carte) the cuisine ranges from traditional Turkish to Far East and has 10 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort And Spa
- Cornelia Diamond Golf Hotel Belek
- Cornelia Diamond Hotel
- Cornelia Diamond Resort All Inclusive