Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa
US$382
US$325
US$278
US$252
Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa(Belek)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$444
US$356
Priceline
US$502
US$467
US$491
2,540 results
All reviewsdome barforest pubfish lovea la carte restaurantsnick faldoturkeytai penbuffet restaurantwet roommain restaurantguest relationsbooking systemnext yearshaving foamsea viewentertainment teamfantastic hotel
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Having enjoyed a great holiday the previous year at the Cornelia Deluxe we thought we would try the new Cornelia Diamond Golf. Having endured a 7 hour delay (Thomas Cooke) we arrived at 10pm and recived a friendly and speedy check in. We quickly unpacked and made our way to the Dome Bar (pool) where most of the evening entertainment takes place. After several drinks and an excellent midnight supper we knew we would have a great holiday. The room was fantastic, large, clean and modern, with loads of freebies and a spacious balcony. Its worth paying the extra for a sea view.
From then on we enjoyed great weather and excellent service from the friendly staff who were eager to please. The bars in the hotel were very comfortable and they all served branded spirits. The waiters were always on hand to serve you another drink as soon as the glass was nearly empty. I recommend that you book the alacarte restaurants to enjoy real quality food and attentive service. It's easy to book but I suggest you phone the booking number a minute before the 6pm when the line opens.
There were only a couple of minus points; the Russians and their children. None of the British guests had young children but the hotel was awash with buggies and young children. That said it is possible to find places during the day and evening where it is quiet. The entertainment wasn't bad and the staff didn't push you to take part in day time events if you weren't interested. This is our third holday all inclusive in Belek, and it was the best hotel by far. If you choose to go to Turkey accept that their will be a lot of Eastern Europeans but it's not a big deal. As a previous reviewer said its funny to note that the women are very slim with 'enhanced' cosmetic surgery whereas their partners are usually very over weight and bald!
Have a good holiday.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 9 July 2009

We (my wife and I) have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Cornelia Diamond and after reading some of the other reports before going felt that on our return had to give our feedback. We have stayed in many hotels that claim to be 4 or 5 star in the UK on golf holiday packages (Slaley Hall, Cameron House, Carnoustie etc) and the quality of the Diamond far exceeds them all. The service of the waiters was excellent, we couldn't believe how many there were. We did only manage to book one of the a le carte restaurants once as they were busy and it is was good but to be honest I preferred the buffet as the selection of food was massive, the food hall is huge as was the selection of food on offer. Many items changes daily. Although this area is busy the size copes without a problem. There are so many tables we never once had to wait to get one. Once seated the waiters would be quick to offer drinks. We never asked for a bottle of wine, we never felt the need to, as soon as our glasses were empty, and often before, the waiter would be asking if we required more. As soon as our food was finished the plate would be removed, not in a rush to move us away from our table, but to make room for the next course. We were constantly thanking the waiters for their service and they were very friendly in return. I have never eaten so well on a holiday. One warning - when choosing your food from the self service areas don't select too quickly as often my plate was full only for me to wander a bit further to find something else that I would like to try, this often meant a second visit for another main course! very risky as it was important to leave room for the cakes and you don't want to miss these. I have also seen negative online comments about children in the dining area - do people not expect them to eat? If this is an issue pick a hotel that doesn't allow children, I have yet to visit a hotel that ties the childern to their seats and prevents them from talking and having fun. The numerous pool areas are spotless, and even though the hotel was busy there was not a problem getting loungers or room for a decent swim. The pool side bar staff were again very friendly and if you were drinking at the pools would be served in paper cups for safety. The pool area restaurant (the Dome) also served food of great quality and variety. You should also note that you don't need to take your own towels for the pools or beach as these are provided for you. Do I need to mention the beach side bars? more food, more drink. The beach area is spotless, getting a lounger was never a problem with many being sensibly in the shade. The sand is clean but does drop quite quickly into the sea to a depth of a few feet, so watch this for small children. The ones that were there all had sensible arm bands. There is small pier with a bar at the end and more loungers with a low level to allow jumping and diving from. The whole swim area is marked with ropes and floats to stop any water sports coming in contact with swimmers. Each night from 2145 to 2230 there is a show (dancers, circus act, etc) in the outdoor theater followed by a band or DJ for dancing to at the poolside untill 2400 and then onto the hotel's nightclub for those who have still got the energy. Somehow the accoustics of these areas prevent most sounds from reaching the hotel rooms. I hope you have found our feedback useful, I have struggled to put into words how much we enjoyed our holiday. We do not normally return to the same hotel for our overseas holiday but we will definately be back next year. p.s. we are both golfers so on top off the great hotel we were able to experience the delights of the Turkish golf courses.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nairb05
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Cornelia Diamond in Sep/Oct last year and have raved about it since. Our friends decided to pay a vist and talked us into going with them. Initial thoughts are that it is not always as good the second time but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large, beautifully decorated and furnished and this time we had a sea/pool view (golf course view last time) so that was another plus. The staff are among the most friendly, helpful people you could ever wish to meet.

The main buffet restaurant is a bit of a let down as it is full of Russians and their extremely rude nature, but then again we almost always managed to get booked into one of the eight al a carte restaurants and had a wonderful time and wonderful food there.

The quality of the drinks was excellent, always in clean glasses with finishing touches for cocktails etc. Branded drinks were readily available. The waiters always replenished our drinks without us having to ask. They even knew what we were drinking.

The hotel is mainly occupied by Russians who as previously stated in other reviews are extremely rude and arrogant. They never once said please or thank you, demanded service, shouted at staff to move sunloungers into a different position and always pushed and shoved in the lifts but that didn't spoil the holiday for us. The up side was that there were not many English people there so no lager louts or Chavish families to spoil the hotel.

I especially want to thank Leon from the Animation Team who kept us amused with darts and archery (you are a gentleman), Abdul in the Forest Pub who liked to sing to us and never stopped smiling and Mustafa at the Dome bar for always finding us a table (usually at the front of the entertainment which he lifted there especially for us) he made us feel ike royalty always anticipating our need for drinks, nuts, crisps, fruit etc.

I would gladly visit this fabulous hotel again. Try it for yourselves, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Hotel wasn't what we have expected and paid for. Travel agent has insisted on selling this, as it was "something special and extraordinary". Please don't trust travel agents. They didn't spend anything from their pockets and they can not "feel" a place or not. there are a few, though ...
From the start, in reception they've told us it was a mistake in the agency system and they gave us a 13sqm room, for 2 adults and 2 children. This was quickly clarified(although we have complained only after 3 days, when we saw other problems coming and coming), we spoke to the manager, bribed the guide with 20$ and we got a very good room, sea view.
Then, food area. Same food everyday, not too much to choose from, I've seen 2 sick persons, but i cannot confirm if it was from the food or not. If you wanted to have a glass of wine, then either you wait around 5-10 minutes till the waiter will see you rising hands like in school, or you will have to give them 5-10 euro, to be remembered and served quicker. Food was nice, but not something special, not different "evenings" like some other hotels apply( for ex. fish evening - then you find 20-50 types of fish and some entertainment ) ;
All tourists complained about that, some became mad, after waiting and waiting.
A lot of Russians, specially children running with plates in their hands and dropping them when crushed against tourists choosing food. I've seen 2 couples of Scandinavian People making big eyes at the groups of Russians who had put 4-5 times more than they need, on their plates. I believe those people will not return to Cornelia.
Good thing about Russians, a lot of very beautiful ladies.
Rooms - OK, but check them first at arrival. They assign better and skilled people only for the high cost rooms.
Outside - they have made a lot of savings in buying green or trees. there are some but it is not enough. A lot of concrete everywhere / not friendly at all. Bar is concrete, restaurant outside concrete, even around pools a lot of it, not inviting anybody to stay there.
This made also temperature rise with 3-5 degrees and that's why people preferred to go to seaside all day.
Water slopes ? Forget them ! placed near an open terrain, when the wind stroke, you would feel that into your eyes. Slopes are not well combined, so you could sometimes feel it on your back or arms. I have 3 signs on my arms . That's why they were empty and people went to the next hotel, Susesi, for using the slopes. There are guardians on the beach, but if you go without bag or something visible, nobody will say anything. I've seen a lot of people from my hotel using Susesi water slopes ( because i did the same, 7 days from 10 , have 2 kids, they like the slopes ) . sorry, but it is the truth .
Entertainment ? forget it, some people trying, showing good will , but nothing real good.
Luna Park ? children playground ? 1-2 people using them daily, maybe the new come tourists . A train, going slow, at 40 degree, not too enjoyable. Some small pools, 3 water slopes, entirely empty, not friendly at all.
SO, in conclusion, don't go. We go each year to Turkey, but we have never been more disappointed in our life. Susesi, Amara, Rixos, Royal Wings, Delphin Diva - lot better than this one. Sorry Cornelia...

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank RichardGates
Reviewed 27 June 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Cornelia Diamond for 7 nights in the middle of June. I have stayed in many hotels in the Carribean and found the Cornelia of a much higher standard. Our room was very spacious with a great balcony and a sea view.

I am not a great fan of buffet restaurants and therefore picked this hotel because of it's choice of restaurants. We had to visit the buffet restaurant on our first night as you have to book a night in advance for your chosen restaurant. As I expected the buffet was busstling and catered more towards Russians. From there on we visited a different restaurant each nigh my favourite being 'Sapore' the Mediteranean.

The Russians really were a downfall to the hotel I have never seen anything like it. They never say thank you to the waiters they push in front at the bar and don't let you get out of the lift before they get in. Although I understand this is a culture differnce I did on numerous occasions shout please and thank you to them as they really got on my nerves. Also girls beware the Russian girls walk round in thongs and stilletos in the day. It's so funny! A lot of them are so gorgeous but my god they know it!

This hotel is a lovely place to completely relax. We sunbathed in the same area each day near the waterfall pool where it was quiet and away from the Russians. I would reccomend this hotel if you are looking to chill out and eat great food. I would like to go back next year but will hopefully book the Rixos- which is meant to be amaxing!x

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple