3,071 results
All reviews dome bar forest pub a la carte restaurants fish love turkey tai pen entertainment team wet room main restaurant next year buffet restaurant guest relations booking system shaving foam sea view fantastic hotel mini bar
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Having stayed at this hotel with our 18 year old son last year, we felt it ticked a lot of boxes in what we look for in a holiday. For us, a couple, we really like the choice of the adult room in the main restaurant. It is a welcome getaway from the usual noise and chaos around the buffet area. The service is very good in there. There is also the adult 'relax' area in one of the pools. This is better signed this year, as last year families did not realise it was an adult only section. The hotel really does try and cater for all generations. Our children are grown up now so I can't comment on the kids facilities/entertainment. Our check in a little disappointing as there was no welcome drink offered. It was however quite late around midnight. We had booked a sea view room again, this was on the 4th floor same as the main restaurant. The rooms are a good size and well layed out with the usual digital safe, tea/coffee facilities and mini bar restocked daily. The bathroom does have both a separate bath and a very good shower. The toiletries are the best selection we have had. They include usual shower gels, lotions etc, but also shaving kits, nail files, cotton buds and male and female 'kits'. Plus other stuff I have forgotten ! Wifi is good all around the hotel, from your room to the pool areas and even the beach and pier. Plenty of sun beds available also. A good selection of bars with pretty good service to be fair. I like to get to know the bar staff but they seemed to be rotated more here which is a shame. With regard to the food, we ate at the main restaurant mainly, in the yellow adult room. We also had lunch here a couple of times as oppose to the Dome bar where we had lunch mostly. The lunch menu was quite varied at the Dome bar. Entertainment was quite good if you haven't been here before. Unfortunately the magician did the same show as last year and many of the acts similar. The grass shows were very well done, with impressive light and sound, especially the flame effects ! The daytime activities I can only comment on the Boccia, run by Katya. Always smiling and friendly, she handles the competitive teams very well ! "The winner as always is friendship". I met some great and interesting people from various countries. I would certainly recommend taking part in some activities. The pier has been improved for this year with the bar area extended and improved. They have live bands playing jazz etc most nights for those who want to get away from the amphitheatre shows. Again I think the hotel are trying to please all ages. The main show in the amphitheatre starts at 9.30, while a live band will start in the Dome bar at 10.15 ish when the other show is finished. So enough going on really. The hotel also had all the World Cup games showing on a huge screen in the indoor amphitheatre which seemed very good also. A pianist also played early evening in the lobby bar. The Moulin Rose bar is open 24hours. We do find it usually cold in there for some reason. Ektal was very good with his cocktails and brandy warming ! La Boheme bar was only open once which was a shame as this appears to be a better bar. Apologies for the long review but I am trying to cover things I look for when reading reviews. Would we go back ? Yes we probably will. It would be nice to have the odd tribute band as a change from the usual dance and acrobat shows. Lastly my wife booked a spa treatment for a troublesome neck problem. She really enjoyed the time she was there and would certainly go again. I would say there were a lot more Brits at the hotel this time, more than we are used to.

4  Thank gengis87
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear gengis87,

As Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa we would like to wish you a great day.

We believe in high-quality service and are always grateful for your very valuable comments; we thank you for kindly sparing us your precious time.

We are very glad you were satisfied with room and room facilities, internet connection, bars, service, food, parties, pier and bar on it and SPA treatments. Also we would like to inform you that your wishes and comments were forwarded to the responsible departments and General Manager.

We would be delighted to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I spent one week at Cornelia, and it was one of the best all-inclusive experiences I've had. There's a bit of everything - plenty of restaurants, entertainment every night, good bars (some 24 hours), great pools with many activities and sports. The staff are very polite and helpful, and we met Iren from the entertainment team who was amazing. Here we are with her at one of the late-night parties.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
crmdepartment, Manager at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Sam H,

As Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa we would like to wish you a great day.

First of all we would like to mention that your feedback will help us to improve our hotels and recognise our employees’ performance, who really make a difference during your stay.

We are very glad that you've spent a nice holiday at our Resort and were satisfied with our Restaurants, entertainment, bars, pools and staff.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in our resorts.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is the third time my family and I have visited the Cornelia diamond and we have always recommended it to family and friends. However, our current visit has been a different experience to previous visits.

I have a four year old (who first visited the hotel when she was two) and as a result we have been unable to attend the al a carte restaurants. When she was two, we could visit all 8 restaurants with zero issues. Upon arrival this year, not only did we discover that 3 of the 8 restaurants were closed but my daughter was only permitted to attend 2of the 5 that are open as she is under 7 years old. I policy in which is strongly adhered to by staff and management.

When attended the forest pub (guest relations took the booking being fully aware of the four year old in our party) We were asked to leave because of her age. I wish to bring to the attention of the reader that the hotel has a strict dress code for dinner and we counted 12 men in beach shorts and flip flops at dinner who were not asked to leave, when we brought this to the attention of guest relations, they simply said that maybe the gentlemen had not brought trousers with them but I was told I could leave my four year old with a babysitter (a complete stranger). I am bemused as to why we were asked to leave the restaurant for not following the rules but the gentleman who were dressed for the beach and lowering the standard of the hotel were not? If you’re going to follow rules surely ALL rules should be adhered to? Why is the dresscode policy not adhered to by all staff and management - it’s an utter joke!!!!!

They allowed us to attend the Chinese restaurant but made us feel most unwelcome and extremely uncomfortable. They asked the couple sitting next to us on two occasions if they wanted to move, to which they refused. My daughter is very well behaved - better than some of the adults visiting the hotel.

When we attended the Italian restaurant (the family friendly one) there were two tables of adults who were extremely boisterous and using very bad language in front of children and not once were they asked to curb their enthusiasm. Personally I would expect behaviour such as this in a family restaurant to result in them being asked to leave. No action was taken and I was left extremely offended by their behaviour.

All in all the al a cartes have been a poor experience and the way the incompetent guest relations Manager dealt with our complaint left a very bitter taste in my mouth I won’t be returning for a fourth visit. If you hav children under 7 avoid this hotel.

It sells itself as a family friendly hotel - it is not. Standards have also really slipped in terms of dress code, I for one do not like to go for an evening meal in a restaurant with men in sliders and beach shorts, we have higher standards in the local McDonald’s.

However, it’s not all negative - this issue aside the hotel is really lovely and the majority of staff and very helpful. If you have children over 7 I would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank jodierebeccahopkins

Dear jodierebeccahopkins,

As Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa we would like to wish you a great day.

Your evaluations are very important for us in terms of improving and developing our hotels, assessing our personnel accurately, analysing whether our quality-focused understanding of service adapted for our valuable guests has been implemented and adding value to our facilities.

Regarding comments you've shared with us, if there are more details you would like to share with us, we are kindly asking you to contact us through the e-mail address we have sent you a detailed e-mail from.

We will be happy to host you again in our facilities.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, this hotel has been amazing. The layout of the whole resort was top notch, the bar had lovely staff, very friendly and always had the eye on you to make sure you’re not missing anything. The pools were very clean and massive!! A lot of seats, food everywhere you go, fresh fruit. The entertainment team were gorgeous people and especially Daria who has been impeccable and so so friendly we have decided to keep in touch. Every night she came over and made the setting a little more lively, inviting me to dance and just made me get on it!!

Will soon meet you again!!

Staff amazing, room amazing, the whole resort a breathtaking experience which I will want to have again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Alexandra N,

As Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa we would like to wish you a great day.

We are very glad to know you're satisfied with staff, pools, food, entertainment team and room.

We would be delighted to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Entertainment team were fantastic, big thanks to Kristina for the extra help and detail to attention.

The hotel food is truly 5 star. Amazing entertainment and the staff couldn't be more helpful, from the moment we arrived the attention we received was 5 star.

I can recommend to anyone for family to couples or even friends. Relaxing and wonderful time.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear goodwinuk1,

First of all we as the family Cornelia Hotels Golf Resort & Spa would like to wish you a very well day!

We would lie to thank you for your comment, we are very glad to know you were satisfied with entertainment and food and have spent a nice time at Cornelia Diamond Golf Resort & Spa.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our Resort.

With kind regards,